Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2002 12:29:16 PM EDT
My local newspaper is CONSTANTLY running stupid little political cartoons that bash President Bush, and Republicans in general.
For every "Pro Republican/Bush" editorial printed by the likes of George Will, or William Buckley...there are 4 or 5 editorials by shitheads from the N.Y. Times, or some Liberal rag from San Francisco.

Today, I read This "letter to the editor" that was posted by a reader who is "fed up" with it.

[size=3][b]Nation rejected
Democrats[/b][/size=3]

[b]You guys really don't get it, do you? Were you watching Tuesday, Nov. 5, when your ideological masters got the Democratic stuffing kicked out of them? I would have thought after the worst defeat for liberals in our lifetimes, you would have the decency to stop running nasty, conspiracy-ridden columns and cartoons bashing Bush five to one, as you have for two years. A column here and there by Buckley or Will does not balance three or four a day by the likes of Dowd, Krugman and Thomas. Every single day brings some asinine caricature portraying our president as a cowboy, a kid, a dolt, or bought and paid for by the NRA, big business or whatever. In the darkest days of Clinton's lies and scandals you never heaped the scorn upon him as you have Bush, and I for one am sick to death of it. Gentlemen, it is beneath you.

The majority of Americans, black or white, male or female, Republican or Democrat, rejected the Democratic Party and all they stand for in the strongest terms. They rejected higher taxes, more welfare, more gun laws and more liberal federal judges spouting idiocy like "Under God" being unconstitutional. They rejected the demagogues and charlatans who tried to de-legitimize our president, while committing real election crimes and outrages in Missouri and New Jersey. They rejected the spite so evident in the Democrats' Florida campaign, and Clinton's hand-picked successor to Jeb Bush couldn't even get her party's attention. They rejected the liars who tried to blame the incompetence of Democratic election officials on Republicans. They rejected the spineless lawmakers who want the U.N., or France, or even Germany to direct our foreign policy. Anything other than a conservative. They rejected the anti-globalist nut-cases that tried to pin corporate fraud on the GOP.

Most of all they rejected the mean-spirited, dishonest and downright nasty rhetoric that has characterized the Democrats for years now. Yet even the day after the election your paper continued to spew this filth. Why don't you emulate Tallahassee and just name it the "Fort Pierce Democrat"?

Let me remind you, the folks who said George W. didn't really win are toast. The ones who sneered about his abilities are out of a job. I intended to threaten another paper to read, but really, with all the bias in the print media, why bother? With Fox on TV and the radio and Internet, maybe I don't need a newspaper at all. Hey, then you would be out of a job, too, right?

([i]Name Deleted[/i])

Fort Pierce [/b]
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 1:00:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell yeah, great letter.  My papers kind of liberal, not as bad as it used to be when this was a two-paper town.  One was the liberal paper, the other the pro-development republican paper (which went under).

I just read my paper for the Alaska news, so I dont really care how their op-ed editors lean.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top