Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2002 10:18:52 PM EDT
I think I mentioned this last week here, but anyway, (short version) Neighbor wakes hearing someone in his bedroom going through his dresser drawers, thought it was wife, the person farted, he KNEW it was NOT his wife.
He grabbed his pistol, turned on the light, and some spun crank head was standin' there. The guy held him till the cops got there, (10 min.) and they hauled him off. It get's better. Tonite my neighbor told me that the cops cut the tweeker loose, not enough evidence. [shock]
LEO's, am I missing something here?
AB
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 10:27:47 PM EDT
[#1]
hmm... if the cops did that they should be shitting a brick right about now.. it's more likely the District Attorney 'cut' them loose, not the cops.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 10:44:15 PM EDT
[#2]
"let him loose" or he made bail? Big difference.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 10:52:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Have your neighbor call the DA and see if he was cut loose or bailed out.

If cut loose, most DA's are elected, take it from there.

If bailed out have him ask when he(DA) wants him to take the stand.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 10:54:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Two to the body, one to the head...
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 12:51:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I doubt it played like that. Somethings missing from your neighbors story...
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 1:05:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I cant count the times I've gotten in trouble because of a weak sphincter!
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:17:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
"let him loose" or he made bail? Big difference.
View Quote

Neighbor told me "they had to let him go, not enough evidence"
AB
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:20:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:24:54 AM EDT
[#9]
To reiterate: Two to the body, one to the head.

I wouldn't have waited to ID the punk once I knew who it WASN'T. A corpse would have been GREAT evidence.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:35:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm having a tough time believing the DA or judge dropped all charges.  Burglary of an inhabited dwelling and attempted larceny are felonies in most (all?) states.  

Something is missing here.

Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:44:32 AM EDT
[#11]
he should have shot the fucker (3 times, u know where), quickly ran to the kitchen, grabbed the biggest knife he could carry  and pressed the knife to the fucker's dead hand...

and that's just for waking him up.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:03:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
hmm... if the cops did that they should be shitting a brick right about now.. it's more likely the District Attorney 'cut' them loose, not the cops.
View Quote

I believe it was the DA. Something about the perp is an unemployed POS with an address that really isn't his. ie. living with others untill they throw his useless ass out. Hence no income, why bother running him through the system, since the system is WAY over burdened as it is.
AB

I just spoke to my neighbor, he said that "the prosecutor cut him loose, not enough evidence"
AB
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:13:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Two to the body, one to the head...
View Quote

[pistol]
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:52:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I doubt it played like that. Somethings missing from your neighbors story...
View Quote

The only thing I can add is that the perp told the neighbor he was in his house for 2 hours,supposedly sleeping, before he heard him!? WTF!!! [shock]
AB
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 8:23:49 AM EDT
[#15]
[bodycount mode][b]DOUBLETAP DOUBLETAP DOUBLEMOTHERFUCKINGTAAAAAP[/b][/bodycount mode]
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 8:28:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Alright then your answer is to shoot the perp and the District Attorney. If your going to start solving problems do it right and get both of them!
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 9:17:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The only thing I can add is that the perp told the neighbor he was in his house for 2 hours,supposedly sleeping, before he heard him!? WTF!!! [shock]
AB
View Quote

Has your friend allowed the suspect into his home on other occasions?

In my state Burglary is defined as entering a building with the intent to commit theft, petty theft, or any other felony.

So breaking into a home to take a nap on the couch is not "burglary". Entering a church to marry your sister is "burglary".

Perhaps the DA felt he was unable to prove the required intent for burglary? That would leave him with nothing but Tresspassing & attempted petty theft. In some states, for the tresspassing to stick your friend would have had to told the suspect to leave and only if the suspect refuses does it become Tresspassing (unless the property is fenced and posted).
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 9:47:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
AB
View Quote

Has your friend allowed the suspect into his home on other occasions?

No. This "person" was a total stranger.
AB

In my state Burglary is defined as entering a building with the intent to commit theft, petty theft, or any other felony.

So breaking into a home to take a nap on the couch is not "burglary". Entering a church to marry your sister is "burglary".

Perhaps the DA felt he was unable to prove the required intent for burglary? That would leave him with nothing but Tresspassing & attempted petty theft. In some states, for the tresspassing to stick your friend would have had to told the suspect to leave and only if the suspect refuses does it become Tresspassing (unless the property is fenced and posted).
View Quote

The perp wanted to leave but, my neighbor held him for the police.

Ab
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 10:50:01 AM EDT
[#19]
The guy should have shot him dead and put a throwdown in his hand. One less scumbag on the streets. The intent of burglary was evidenced by this guy rifling through the drawers. In AZ, you can defend yourself in your house, doubly due to an invasion. Was the in PHX?

Was it Romley who cut him loose? Sounds like something else is the problem. Joe would have had room in tent city for him, I'm sure. They just don't let people out when people commit a felony.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The guy should have shot him dead and put a throwdown in his hand. One less scumbag on the streets. The intent of burglary was evidenced by this guy rifling through the drawers. In AZ, you can defend yourself in your house, doubly due to an invasion. Was the in PHX?
Yes Phoenix.

Was it Romley who cut him loose? Sounds like something else is the problem. Joe would have had room in tent city for him, I'm sure. They just don't let people out when people commit a felony.
View Quote

It was the prosecutor who "cut him loose"
AB
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 2:11:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The intent of burglary was evidenced by this guy rifling through the drawers.
View Quote

No, that only establishes his intent to commit theft.

If he entered the building intending to commit theft it's burglary. If he entered the building to take a nap on the couch, and later decided to steal the TV, it's not burglary, just theft.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top