Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2002 2:27:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 3:09:23 PM EDT
[#1]
If you'd rather see your money used for something other than "cool hats", and clever mass mailings...

[url]http://www.gunowners.org/index.html#bodlet[/url]
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 3:19:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Write them and tell them you want your hat, mark the membership/general comments line and let them know about it.

[url]http://www.mynra.com/frame.cfm?url=https://www.nrahq.org/contact.asp[/url]

MM419
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 3:35:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I got the same thing in the mail, even though I'm already a life member.

I recently moved so they either got my address off of Shotgun News, which I had recently switched to my new address.  Or they got it off of the Republican voting records since I signed up as a Republican after moving.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 4:44:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats tellin em tc6969! The NRA and I had this ongoing "thing" about calls and mailings a while ago asking me to join. Hello, I've been a Life Member since 1988 guys. OH. As a matter of fact, all of us at the shop I work at are Life Members and have all told them to stop the calls and mailings to members in one way or the other. Hang in there.
MM419
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 4:44:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got invited to join the NRA!
View Quote
 Yep.......you, and everybody else in the USA, living, dead, or in prison who has a mailing address.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 5:58:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got just the opposite problem.  I joined three weeks ago and haven't heard sh*t.  No card, no email, no junk mail, nothing!
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 6:07:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 6:12:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I joined and they sent me two completely different cards, with two different numbers!
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Gives you alot of faith in them, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 9:00:31 PM EDT
[#11]
TC...Yep, they will drive you nuts with the mailings.  I think the Christmas card thing this year tops them all.  I have received 4 different packs of sample Christmas cards from the NRA this year.  Each time, I have called NRA merchandising and asked to be removed from the mailing list to no avail.  I figure it cost at least $2-$3 for each mailing.  Pisses me off, but.......one simple fact remains:

The NRA is one of the most, if not THE most, powerful lobbying groups in our country.  Liberal politicians quake in their ballet shoes at the thought of going up against the NRA.  GOA, JFPO, etc. are all great organizations and are doing a good job fighting for our 2nd Amendment Rights, but the NRA smokes them all in dollar amounts of political contributions.  The political organizing capability of the NRA is amazing (ever get one of those personalized voting info lists?  WTF?  They know everything about every candidate in every race!) and they swing a BIG stick.  IMNSHO, tree hugger Al Gore would be the president of this country right now had it not been for the NRA.

NRA...perfect, no.  The best, yes.

Just the not so humble opinions of a:

NRA Life Member
NRA Membership Recruiter
Arkansas Rifle & Pistol Association Member
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection Instructor
Arkansas State Police CHL Instructor
IROA Level 1 Certified Range Officer
FFL Dealer
United States Practical Shooting Association Member

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top