Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2002 4:16:41 AM EDT
I picked up one the other day that is camo covered in hopes of annoying the guys at deer camp.  it worked great fot that but in all other ways was worthless.  

the neck is too narrow to get a descent swig.  or refill.  the flask gives the whiskey a metalic taste and  and I can't tell how much is left in the flask.

I will stick with my glass pint bottles.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 5:07:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Its all about style, and throwback to the Rat Pack days, when you could really carry a flask and noone thought much of it.  That's what a flask is all about.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 5:14:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Keep your Glenfidich in the freezer.  Watch the due line to tell how full.  Get a stainless one to stop the tinny taste.

If you bow hunt or ski I don't think you would want to fall with a pocket full of glass.  If the fall wasn't fatal, the glass shard through the heart sure would be.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 5:14:48 AM EDT
[#3]
i have a sterling silver hip flask that was sent to me by a board member (from finland).

it has a leather cover that is tooled with the likeness of field marshall carl gustov mannerheim, a hero of the russo-finnish winter war of 1939 and an important figure in finnish government. the cap contains 3 sub-shot sized cups for sharing the contents with friends.

when i drink from it, i think of the bravery of the finns as they fought the soviet invanders.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 10:58:29 AM EDT
[#4]
mine is a Stainless one, it works for short durations..but if I keep the Bushmills in there too long it becomes tinny and the walls grow black stuff...some sort of reaction with the metal. Get a nice plastic one to avoid this or one with a liner, although it doesn't look as 'cool' or whatever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top