Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2002 11:58:12 AM EDT
Need to find someone in DFW area that has a plasma cutter that can be hired for a reasonable rate to cut some hard steel for targets.

TIA
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 5:57:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody knows of a pro RKBA welder with a plasma cutter that wants my money????????????
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 5:59:59 PM EDT
[#2]
How thick, how hard, and how far are you willing to travel?
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 10:08:27 PM EDT
[#3]
3/8"

AR400

As far as I have to, but want to travel as little as I need to.  [:D]

Need 20 silhouettes cut - 10x15" - rounded shoulders, neck, and head.  The last ones that were torch cut have done well, but the neck area was cut at a right angle and the plates are cracking now.

Thanks for the reply, 03shooter!
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 8:05:54 AM EDT
[#4]
btt
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 9:09:38 AM EDT
[#5]
My twin brother has a plasma torch. We are located about two hours east of Dallas if that's not to far. I might be interested in working out a trade on some material for my own plates. If you are interested, we are located about twenty-five minutes north of Tyler.
Brian
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 10:39:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nobody knows of a pro RKBA welder with a plasma cutter that wants my money????????????
View Quote

i believe irving tool in garland, tx (just outside the 635 ring)can do what you want.  use to do business with them when i was working at a startup.....the owners son is a skeet/trap nut.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:45:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you, gentlemen - I will be in contact with someone/everyone soon.  As for a material trade, the best price I could find is $8.80 sq ft. and I need to drive an hour west of Dallas to get it.  One place was asking **$31** per sq ft!!!
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 12:28:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Tate,
When my brother gets back from Oklahoma, hunting I will get with him. He deals with this kind of stuff daily and might be able to find a source close to us and do the cuttin. He wil be back whenever he kills a nice buck or seasons over. Knowing him he might just stay the whole 9 days. Anyhow when he gets back I'll post my findings.
Brian
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 2:23:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you, sir.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top