Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2002 7:36:18 AM EDT
I've always wondered that if a guy bought a stripped lower and took up a collection of everyone's spare parts, how long it would take him to make a complete A2?

It'd be interesting to find out.

Link Posted: 11/21/2002 7:39:53 AM EDT
[#1]
the reason I thought of this is that I just heard the Old Johnny Cash song about stealing all the parts over 10 years to make a 'brand new' car in his garage.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 7:53:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I think that there was a thread about this a few months back where a member here was asking for parts. He got more than enough parts and was able to assemble a brand new rifle for his Dad as a present. IIRC, there were extenuating circumstances that led to this being the only way the member could give his Dad a new rifle.

BTW, could this be a good idea for getting new people involved in the shooting sports and black rifle ownership? We could assemble an AR15.com AR15 and hold a giveaway for the new members signed up in the previous 6 months or so.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 8:16:22 AM EDT
[#3]
so someone did that, huh?

pretty neat!
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 5:48:50 AM EDT
[#4]
That was Balming's present to his dad!
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=142735&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 5:55:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

BTW, could this be a good idea for getting new people involved in the shooting sports and black rifle ownership? We could assemble an AR15.com AR15 and hold a giveaway for the new members signed up in the previous 6 months or so.
View Quote

That's an excellent idea. I think the membership here could really do some good promoting the sport.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top