Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2002 9:07:34 PM EDT
This movie cracks me up every time I see it.
The "special edition" features include things like: [i]High definition widescreen presentation with pink frilly edges[/i], and [i]A GLORIOUS extra 24 seconds ABSOLUTELY FREE[/i]

"Your MOTHER was a HAMPSTER...and your FATHER smelled of ELDERBERRIES"....LMAO
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 9:12:54 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a great DVD.  Watch it with the commentaries. Some funny stuff.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 9:31:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Argggggghhhhhh!!!!

Quit rubbing it in y'all.  Two weeks after my wife bought Holy Grail for me, they announce the special edition.  Same thing with LOTR.  Maybe I should just start waiting a year before I buy a new/old movie when it comes out on DVD.[pissed]

Seeing as how the special edition has pink frilly edges, I'm gonna have to somehow convince her I need another copy of the one movie that annoys the most hell out of her(and it's not because I play the hell out of it[:)] ).

[:D]NI!

Link Posted: 11/20/2002 9:34:14 PM EDT
[#3]
What you need next is Meaning of life. (Mr. Creosote rocks.)
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 9:43:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Shaky- the director's cut of LOTR is actually a differnt movie with all the changes, plus all the extras are different.  It is OK to have both. [;)]
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 9:44:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh fish, oh fish, oh fishy fish...
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 10:03:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

All right, if someone knows where or how to get Meaning of Life on DVD, PLEASE let me know!!  From what I've been told, it's still not on DVD(Blockbuster managers, retail stores, etc, etc)

Link Posted: 11/20/2002 10:21:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

And don't forget The Life of Brian.
"He is too the real Messiah.  And I should know, I've followed a few."

Live at the Hollywood Bowl is pretty good, too.

I don't know if either one is out on DVD yet.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 10:39:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Is there a Life of Brian special edition?

Always thought of LOB as a more cohearent movie than Holy Grail. Both are side splitters.

"Do you find it wisable when I mention the name of my fweind......Biggusss.....Dickussss..."

"There's no 'Messiah' here, just Brian, and he's been a VERY naughty boy"

Link Posted: 11/20/2002 10:55:43 PM EDT
[#9]
The special DVD edition of LOTR is excellent, btw. It includes a half hour of new footage that really improves the movie, and multiple commentary tracks from the director, the actors, and the effects people.

The theater edition of LOTR moves along quickly in comparision to the DVD, but after seeing the DVD edition it seems choppy. The DVD edition flows. It's one of the best new movies of the year.

$25 at Costco. Well worth it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 4:29:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Brian: "You are all individuals!  You are all different!"

Crowd: "We are all individuals!  We are all different!"

(lone man) - "I'm not!"

LOVE those movies.  And I have The Meaning of Life on DVD - did they stop making it?

I just wish they'd hurry up and release "Yellowbeard" on DVD - that movie ROCKS!

Yellowbeard - "He can't be the prawn of my loins - I killed every woman I ever raped!"

Bernadette Peters -  "Well, the afterplay was a bit rough."
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 4:41:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
All right, if someone knows where or how to get Meaning of Life on DVD, PLEASE let me know!!  From what I've been told, it's still not on DVD(Blockbuster managers, retail stores, etc, etc)
View Quote

It is [WAS] on DVD, I own it.  It's out of print now apparently.  There are still several high priced copies on Half.com (about $60).
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 4:53:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Life of Brian is on DVD.  I own it.  Has behind the scenes, deleted scenes, and other stuff.

Looks like I'll have to re-purchase Holy Grail now that there is a special edition of it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 11:00:43 AM EDT
[#13]
I also own the Holy Grail Special Edition DVD...two disc set.  First disc is the movie w/ some special features, second disc has the rest of the special features.  If you select an option on the menu screen for an option that is contained in the other disc, the screen will say:
"Insert Disc One.....
....NO!! Into your [b]DVD Player[/b]!

The first time I saw that I almost laughed myself unconscious.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 1:27:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Yellowbeard- "Ohhhh!!! Alright then!! It was half a rape- half a cuddle!"
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Yea, The Meaning of Life IS on DVD.
Yesterday, when I bought the Holy Grail...Meaning of Life was right there next to it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 1:43:23 PM EDT
[#16]
[NI]

That movie rocks.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Ahhhh... timeless comedy at its best.  Don't forget the boxed set of Monty Python's Flying Circus episodes!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top