Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2002 12:46:27 PM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/792666/posts?page=1[/url]

[i]Examples he cited were: sudden and large cash withdrawals, one-way air or rail travel, rental car transactions and [b]purchases of
firearms,[/b] chemicals or agents that could be used to produce biological or chemical weapons.[/i]
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 12:50:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 12:50:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Well shit.
Looks like its cash for everything now.
View Quote

Amen!
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 1:15:31 PM EDT
[#3]
would sure love to know where they get their authority for this because it was [b]not[/b] in the just-passed homeland security bill.

However please note that this has not been mentioned on any of the news sites and is not on Foxnews.com as it claimed it was.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Well sheeeat. This puts a damper on on-line purchases. And people were thinking it was Brady Bill that was the defacto Gun-Registration scheme. Looks like this is the real deal.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 9:07:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder what they'll think of all my Tapco, Brownell's, Numrich, Midway, SOG and I can't even remember what all purchases just this year.  I must already be on some kind of watch list someplace!  Suburban snipers, my ass.  If I wanted to, I could do real damage!  I suppose their just waiting until I subscribe to Mecca Weekly to give the nod to the assault.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 9:41:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
However please note that this has not been mentioned on any of the news sites and is not on Foxnews.com as it claimed it was.
View Quote

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,70992,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 9:50:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't worry brothers, these measures will only be used against non-Oceanians.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 10:22:35 PM EDT
[#8]
This is the scariest thing to come down the pike in a [b]long[/b] time!  And eventually, cash would have to be outlawed because it would allow you to circumvent "the system." [pissed]
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 10:25:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Isn't it kinda interesting that this gets released right after they just announced that the Pentagon also just bought a $290,000,000 super-computer from IBM, which also happens to now be at the top of the list as the fastest and most powerful computer?
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 10:28:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This is the scariest thing to come down the pike in a [b]long[/b] time!  And eventually, cash would have to be outlawed because it would allow you to circumvent "the system." [pissed]
View Quote

Hmmmm.....
A little Revelation's unfolding here?
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 10:40:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I posted this last week and nobody even noticed. It's more than just purchases, gun registration, video rental info, credit info...

It's called, "Total Information Awareness" See below:

http://www.darpa.mil/iao/TIASystems.htm

Notice it is admined by John Poindexter, ADM Poindexter that is now a convited felon, I believe...

Take note and be careful. I think it might just be active right now.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 10:50:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Given how GD stupid the normal bureaucrat is, does anyone really sweat this shit? Hell, just tell them you bought a bunch of S&W $500 hammers.  >gg<
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 10:50:53 PM EDT
[#13]
....I suppose their just waiting until I subscribe to Mecca Weekly to give the nod to the assault.
View Quote

Mecca Weekly! Now that's funny!
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 6:02:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree with you, but for the gun registration, it doesn't matter if you use cash or not.  NICS and BATF forms will all be in the system.

We're fucked.  By the Republicans too.
Scott
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 6:09:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Using cash for every purchase is fine, but why not go a step farther as I have already done?

I got really sick and tired of every employee in a Von's supermarket asking me insincere questions like "How are you today?" and "Are you finding everything OK?" and "Do you need help out with that?" and worst of all "Have a nice day, Mr. Kid!"

So I ditched my discount card and filled out a new application.  I am now "Mr. Shithead" in the Von's computer system!

You should see the look on the checkers' faces when they go to read my name off the cash register's display.  "Have a nice day, Mr.... uh, sir."
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 6:09:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Isn't it kinda interesting that this gets released right after they just announced that the Pentagon also just bought a $290,000,000 super-computer from IBM, which also happens to now be at the top of the list as the fastest and most powerful computer?
View Quote

All governments gather information about their citizens. The Nazi regime, however, used such information to track political opponents, enforce racial policies, and, ultimately, implement mass murder. As early as 1934, various government bureaus began to compile card catalogs identifying political and racial enemies of the regime, such as Freemasons, Jews, Gypsies, and "genetically diseased" persons. The 1939 census became the basis for a national register of Jews. That year, German census forms for the first time included explicitly racial categories. Jews were identified not only by religious affiliation, but by race as well. Within three years, the completed national register of Jews and some Jewish Mischlinge ("mixed breeds") was to become one of the sources for Nazi deportation lists. Most of those deported perished in the Holocaust.

[img]http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/images/Holocaust/hollerith.jpg[/img]

During the 1930s and 1940s, Hollerith machines were the best data processing devices available. The Nazi regime employed thousands of people in 1933 to 1939 to record national census data onto Hollerith punch cards. The SS used the Hollerith machines during the war to monitor the large numbers of prisoners shipped in and out of concentration camps. The machines were manufactured by DEHOMAG-Deutsche Hollerith Maschinen Gesellschaft or German Hollerith Machine Company, a subsidiary of [red]IBM[/red] since 1922.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 6:13:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Another article:

[url]http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Nov2002/t11202002_t1120asd.html[/url]

Do a search for 'DARPA'
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 6:27:14 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm not surprised by the thought of someone tracking our purchases - but the Pentagon? Doesn't this qualify as US Military operations on US soil, and isn't that a no-no?

How many of us 'receive' Shotgun news, numerous firearm related catalogs in our mailboxes? I can only imagine what my postal carrier thinks! Those are the types of individuals I'm most concerned about - the Pentagon, well with all the red tape this'll turn into another political mess up.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 6:47:38 AM EDT
[#19]
I posted this in the other thread that was started on this topic yesterday:

Consider if you will:

I go run some errands one Saturday. I stop at Wal-Mart and pick up 200-300 rounds of 9mm and maybe a box or 2 of .223. Then I go to Home Depot and pick up 200 lbs of ammonium nitrate fertilizer for the crops. On the way home, I stop off at the gas station and fill my Mercedes Benz (dream on) with 15 gallons of diesel fuel and buy 5 quarts of motor oil.  That evening I go online and charge a 1-way ticket for my mother-in-law who has been staying with us for the past six months.  Don't you think that would raise some red flags somewhere? Perfectly innocent by themselves but put them all together in this database and it paints a whole different picture.  This is rife with potential problems.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 6:58:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Despite the abuse us AR15.com Libertarians took after the November elections, I'll warmly welcome all you former fiery Republicans when you finally get tired of the GOP talking freedom on one hand while shredding your (our) rights on the other.

Are we really surprised?  This whole method was beta tested by the "war on drugs".  TIA is the next logical step.  

What more will it take to get you people to change your paradigm?
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Despite the abuse us AR15.com Libertarians took after the November elections, I'll warmly welcome all you former fiery Republicans when you finally get tired of the GOP talking freedom on one hand while shredding your (our) rights on the other.

View Quote

Brother,

The libertarians (who are all agents of Eastasia) will be the first ones put on the "political enemies list" that Kar98 talked about. You must report to the Ministry of Love for doublethink re-education.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 10:27:00 AM EDT
[#22]
So, will they know when all of you buy your tinfoil hats?
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#23]
I can't believe I'm seeing Poindexter's name in the news again!  The man is trash, he is a disgrace to his uniform (just like Ollie North)and he should be rotting in a jail for his past misdeeds (just like Ollie North).  This is sickening--I am seriously re-thinking my views on Bush...
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 11:13:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So, will they know when all of you buy your tinfoil hats?
View Quote

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/liberty86%2Fthehomelandpromise%2Ejpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top