Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2002 5:58:43 AM EDT
My last post got locked by the local idiots. I used the term "ghetto monkey" to describe a group of animals that life in a scummer rental three blocks from my home.  I did not refer to them by race, creed, color, religion or nation of origin.  What the hell makes that a racist comment?  It may have been inflamatory or offensive as it was intended to be, these folks are trash from the word go, but it never referred to anyones race.

Trash comes in all colors, if some of you did not know that,,sorry.

I have been a member of this board thru three or four incarnations and never had this happen.  I tolerate the religious right extremists that run this place, the homophobes and 18 year olds posing as actual shooters, the locking of posts without recourse and the other crap that limits the conversation here.  I did not use a racist comment, an offensive one is not racist, just offensive.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 6:06:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Many people think that the term "monkey" is used by racists to refer to blacks, but I don't know why.

That having been said, it won't be long before this thread is locked as well.  Any discussion of race is inevitably locked.  Gotta stay PC.

So...

IBTL, MF!
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 6:11:35 AM EDT
[#2]
What does IBTL mean anyway???
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 6:13:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

[b]I[/b]
[b]B[/b]emoan
[b]T[/b]he
[b]L[/b]ogic
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 6:14:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Can't say "ghetto monkey", but we can spout the vilist thing we can possibly think of about that woman that screwed over her husband in this thread:

[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=155296&w=myTopicPop[/url]

Were you talking about an actual monkey?  They fling poo at you?
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 6:15:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

"In Before The Lynching"?

(Oops- am I allowed to say that?)
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 6:15:47 AM EDT
[#6]
[b]I[/b] n
[b]B[/b] efore
[b]T[/b] he
[b]L[/b] lock
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 6:16:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

"I Bought The Lemon"
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 6:16:28 AM EDT
[#8]
In reality, in means In Before The Lock.  I added the MF not as an insult towards you, but to emulate the speech of my local ghetto PEOPLE (edited as to not offend by using a non-human primate noun in refrence to such persons).
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 6:21:30 AM EDT
[#9]
I
Blame
The
Leprechauns
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 6:24:08 AM EDT
[#10]
[img]http://thewolfweb.com/photos/skankinande/fullsize/7140.jpg[/img]

TBK is enroute![img]http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/ban.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 11/20/2002 6:24:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 6:24:46 AM EDT
[#12]

[:|]

Link Posted: 11/20/2002 6:26:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 6:28:15 AM EDT
[#14]
IBTL!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 6:29:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My last post got locked by the local idiots. I have been a member of this board thru three or four incarnations and never had this happen.  I tolerate the religious right extremists that run this place, the homophobes and 18 year olds posing as actual shooters, the locking of posts without recourse and the other crap that limits the conversation here.  I did not use a racist comment, an offensive one is not racist, just offensive.  
View Quote

If you're so unhappy, why do you stay?  Far be it from me to protect the mods, I think they do a fine job of it for themselves, but this is a privately owned board, and the owners are free to dictate and enforce any rules that they desire.  May I suggest fullauto.com, as they seem to have more of an "anything goes" attitude, and may have even been created as a response to complaints like yours.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 6:30:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can't say "ghetto monkey", but we can spout the vilist thing we can possibly think of about that woman that screwed over her husband in this thread:

[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=155296&w=myTopicPop[/url]

Were you talking about an actual monkey?  They fling poo at you?
View Quote

and if that story is true those comments were correct!

mike
View Quote

Absolutely,  One or the other may be correct, or both or none.

Unfortunately we are just a bunch of people on a BBS, not the omnicient people we should be!  [;)]
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 6:35:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 6:36:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top