Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2002 7:53:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 8:03:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Now compare that to what John Unitas made.  When he asked for a raise to $25,000 a year the Colts owner threw a fit.  Bunch of overpaid monkeys, if you ask me.  And baseball is much worse.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 8:06:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Now compare that to what John Unitas made.  When he asked for a raise to $25,000 a year the Colts owner threw a fit.  Bunch of overpaid monkeys, if you ask me.  And baseball is much worse.
View Quote

You said...

[:O]

Link Posted: 11/19/2002 8:12:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I was gonna say baseball is worse.  Mike Hampton of the Rockies now the Braves, had a contract remaining well, it was restructured sort of so he could get traded.  The Rocks will pay him something like 52 million for two years out of the contract and the marlins will pay him about 38 million, and Hampton is going to the braves yet still get's paid by the marlins since they traded him to the braves right away.  He gets 90 million for doing nothing, now that's BS, makes me wish I would've kept pitching.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 8:14:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly.  Those capitalist pigs should go back to what Karl Marx knew back in 1874: "From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs."
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 8:23:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Or perhaps those greedy NFL players could stand to learn a thing or two from the constitution:

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his work".
"Socially useful work and its results determine a person's status in society, by combining material and moral incentives and encouraging innovation and a creative attitude to work..."
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 8:50:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 9:18:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Everyone is free to make as much money as they can any legal way they can.  As to my opinion...I think if any athletes deserve the money, NFL players do.  They play for a very short number of years compared to players in other sports and take a hell of a lot of physical damage in those few years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top