Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2002 6:30:53 AM EDT
[url]http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewCulture.asp?Page=\Culture\archive\200211\CUL20021119b.html[/url]
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 6:39:38 AM EDT
[#1]
New Jersey's been in trouble for a long time.  McGreevey's a turd who floats to whichever side of the bowl the polls say he should.

The only surprise here is that California didn't adopt this first.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 6:42:42 AM EDT
[#2]
A spokesman for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence said the bill requiring "smart gun" technology will have "a profound impact on the safety of our children for generations to come."
View Quote

Absolutely!! By the time your lungs have finally turned to charcoal, our children will be defenseless tree-hugging brownshirts.  ANY time non mechanical crap is incorporated into mechanical systems, they screw up.  My gun is quite stupid, I like it that way.  I do not want some ROM chip telling me when I can shoot.  I love how the technology has to be approved by the STATE AG.  When this crap comes down the pike, we should require ALL LEOs to carry the "smart guns" and see just how many lives they save.  But that wont happen.  As I recall, there are already measures in place to make LEOs exempt from the law.  You know why they pushed for exemption -- THE TECHNOLOGY DOES NOT WORK.  A self-defense piece must go bang every time you go click PERIOD!!  Sounds like cops are "more equal."

Edited for Syntax errors
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 6:44:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Non-Existent Smart-Gun Legislation, coming to a House of Congress near You!
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 6:46:57 AM EDT
[#4]
No wait, I think Kali already did. I just barely remeber something about a law similair to this that goes into effect in like 2004 or 2006.  I may be wrong tho.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 6:47:17 AM EDT
[#5]
This is the part that kills me in every bill like this:

Even some Democrats who voted for the Childproof Handgun Bill admitted it's hard to approve something that doesn't exist yet.
View Quote

THEN DON'T FUCKING VOTE FOR IT DIPSHIT!!!!

FFS, how can you sleep at night when you know something's wrong and yet you still PASS IT? ! ?!
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 6:51:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This is the part that kills me in every bill like this:

Even some Democrats who voted for the Childproof Handgun Bill admitted it's hard to approve something that doesn't exist yet.
View Quote

THEN DON'T FUCKING VOTE FOR IT DIPSHIT!!!!

FFS, how can you sleep at night when you know something's wrong and yet you still PASS IT? ! ?!
View Quote

Well...they [b]ARE[/b] democrats ya know![whacko]
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 7:07:03 AM EDT
[#7]
It gets worse...rumor wise anyway..
A certain newly elected senator is rumored to be stepping down ...and
Bill Clinton appointed in his place ..in a year or two..
Of course this is just a nasty nasty rumor..
[url]http://www.suntimes.com/output/orourke/cst-edt-rour08.html[/url]
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 7:21:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It gets worse...rumor wise anyway..
A certain newly elected senator is rumored to be stepping down ...and
Bill Clinton appointed in his place ..in a year or two..
Of course this is just a nasty nasty rumor..
[url]http://www.suntimes.com/output/orourke/cst-edt-rour08.html[/url]
View Quote

[b]YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]
ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why did you do this to me on a nice Tuesday morning??????????????????????????????????/

[puke]

Link Posted: 11/19/2002 10:10:35 AM EDT
[#9]
If gun manufacturers are smart, they simply will not develop the technology.  And one wonders what the bill does about the 200+ million extant firearms lacking these stupid gizmos.

Is anybody gonna appeal this law?

Since NJ is mostly landfill, it ain't a big loss, I guess.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 10:19:06 AM EDT
[#10]
If this keeps up you may find me in a pile of spent brass. S.O.S.........S.O.S
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#11]
The instant a firearms manufacturer comes out with a commercially available "smart-gun," all sales of non "smart-guns" will be banned. Jersey doesn't know the meaning of "grandfathering" ... "Constitutional" is lacking from our vocabulary as well.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 2:03:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Better start ratteling the S&W (Saf-T-Hammer) and Taurus cages now, since BOTH of them ae working WITH NJ on the development of "smart gun" crap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top