Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2002 8:16:36 PM EDT
Ok, See if you can follow my thoughts on this...They are just thoughts at the moment and I need someone to string them together for clarity...Damn, this is going to suck, but it's got to be done.

Ok, you know how Hollywood is always making movies with machine guns?

I know that there is at least one outfit that "rents" machine guns to the studios...

Does the rental place send them out of PRK for movie shoots?

Heres my thought...Am I to believe that ALL THE PROPER PAPER WORK is ALWAYS DONE before they are "leased out" or shipped over state lines???

I smell a rat. Does the ATF just look the other way when Hollywood uses machine guns? I thought it was illegal to "loan" machine guns, or is there a bunch of Class 3 guys on the set etc...Do the production companies own the neccesary licenses?

Maybe it is all legit.

What are your thoughts? Is Hollywood above the law?

I just want to find a way to ban the use of Class 3 stuff in the movies, or at least make it REALLY hard for them.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 8:21:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 8:26:04 PM EDT
[#2]
As in an m16? Sure they do. Its the receiver that is the MG in MOST cases.

My bitch about guns in Hollywood is that I actually believe that there is too much violence on TV...And then to show gangbangers with FA weapons is generally way too much.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 8:34:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 8:57:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Not up on the MG issue, but one thing a friend told me who did work in HollyWeird.

They do not use real suppressors while filming in CA. They are dummies, (the suppressors, not just the movie makers) and when the gun goes off you hear a full volume blank round fired. This is "repaired" when the sound track is added.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 10:56:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I do think that they do the correct paperwork and they have an armorer who works on the film. They are probably from the rental companies to act as the person who "controls" the rented arms. They just need ATF approval to xfer to another state. Just a form.

Although, I do know that Dillon's rented some miniguns out to the film crew for "We Were Soldiers" and I think they were very new looking.... It's possible that they were "post dealer samples" but I think you need an LEO demo letter for them. I know that Mike was on the set for a time. Makes you wonder, huh? I think the DOD/Army lent some for BHD. I know they lent the 'birds and 'hawks for the movie.

You will see movie machineguns for sell at times. Check the Small Arms Review mag. Usually they have an internally threaded bbl for the blank adaptor. Check Kent Lomont and Long Mountain.

In the Dillon "MG Magic" video, you will see Stembridge (I think) rentals and Mike shooting a 93R full auto. They went out of business for a time but are back now.

I could be wrong on this. Wouldn't be the first.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 11:32:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#7]
That is really unfair that they get leeway in using "post 86" samples and we cannot, unless we become C2 or SOT dealers.

Can anybody tell me why a street beat cop needs an MP5 for?
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 9:55:51 AM EDT
[#8]
That is really unfair that they get leeway in using "post 86" samples and we cannot, unless we become C2 or SOT dealers.

Can anybody tell me why a street beat cop needs an MP5 for?
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Dontcha kinda get a feeling that the Hollywood elites get to skirt Federal NFA (not to mention state) laws much of the time?

Why the fuck should they even be allowed to use government stuff like modern tanks and helicopters for their films?

And most of these assholes want to ban guns from us "common folk".
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 3:50:01 PM EDT
[#10]
he(hollyweird) who hath(on loan) the silver(movie reciepts) ruleth(skirt) thy kingdom(the sheep who flock to see their crappy movies)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top