Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2002 7:35:48 PM EDT
[url]http://www.seattleinsider.com/partners/kirotv/specialreports/gun_loopholes.html[/url]

[img]http://www.stormydog.com/images/large_jason.jpg[/img]

Who is this "Jason" who attended the  Western Sport Arms Collectors Show and bought an AR15 privately for KIRO tv.

GunWeek magazine wants to interview him.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 7:39:01 PM EDT
[#1]
He's a hippy. Damned Hippies.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 7:40:23 PM EDT
[#2]
If I see him around Houston, I'll let you know.
SSD
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 7:45:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 7:49:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Good point, thread title changed.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 8:20:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Isn't that antiUSSA?

[;D]
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 8:35:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Is he one of our own?
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 8:44:23 PM EDT
[#7]
What?  He is dating your daughter?

He loves guns, shooting sports and making straw purchases for news reporters.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 8:46:30 PM EDT
[#8]
a homo looking tom green...(so tom green as he normally is )
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#9]
You all have now looked into the eyes of a FDCGH. Now do you understand my hatred for their kind?
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#10]
My Email to KIRO 7 EYEWITNESS NEWS.

First off lets look at the word "News" which is based on the word "new".

The story cooked up by Chris Halsne - "Loophole Lets Gun Buyers Skirt Background Check" is not "News" because it is not "NEW". The legal transfer of private property between citizens has not changed since before the state of Washington was accepted into the union.

It is not a "loophole", property rights, and contracts have been a basic fundamental right since the constitution was drafted.

If you are in need of material for research, I suggest you look into the violation of Federal laws in regards to the illegal retention of background check information by the FBI.
____________________________--
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 9:45:19 PM EDT
[#11]
If he purchased a firearm illegaly through any loop hole then he created that loop-hole and should pay the price(imprisonment).

That will stop this kind of shit real quick!

Isn't that what all the gungrabbers are bitching about,give him about twenty years to think about what he did!

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 10:00:31 PM EDT
[#12]
When they wear their earing, in the left ear, It means their gay!

Bill
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 10:07:03 PM EDT
[#13]
These media assholes are morons!  I am sick of them!  And I don't even listen to the media!

Check this out...this "Freudian slip" will let you know where their biases lie (as if you need me to point it out to you):
The alternative is to keep what's now a [red]duel system[/red] of firearms checks. If we had walked into a licensed gun store, we would still be waiting to pick up this AR-15.
View Quote

Dual/duel anyone???  Not only are they morons, but their copy-editing staff is unprofessional.

-Nick Viejo.

Edited to add: That "Jason" guy looks like a serial killer to me.  I sure wouldn't sell him a rifle!
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 11:39:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Why are we not going after KIRO 7?.....I have already sent my  "Thank You" E-mail to Sheriff John, and now Im getting ready to cook up a real nice one for the scumbags at KIRO, I want to know who really now owns the rifle?

[email][email protected] [/email]

"Jason" I hope you rot in hell, for what you have done!
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 12:22:13 AM EDT
[#15]
For what it's worth, here is my letter to Shit-for-brains, Kiro TV in general and Cox Communications (they own Kiro).

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sir,
I don't know you and I hope I never have the displeasure of meeting you.

Your "report" was noting but compete and total lies, truth twisting and yet another shining example of the kind of crap that passes as news "reporting" by the liberal left wing democRAT controlled Seattle news media.

Yea, I know, this is where you delete my email since you don't want to read this kind of language.

Well sir, you have pushed my "instant asshole" button with this "report".

Where on God's Green Earth (oh yea, you are a liberal left wing commie, you don't believe in God, ok for you then Tofu) do you get the idea that transfer of personal property is a loophole?
The legal transfer of private property between citizens has not changed since before the state of Washington was accepted into the union.

Geeeze, I can't believe how moronic you are. Some "reporter" you are.
Bothered to do any investigation into your "report"?
Had you bothered to do just a little bit of internet investigation you would have learned a few things about LEGAL TO OWN FIREARMS.

First off, the rifle in your "report" is a either an AR15 or it is a clone of an AR15.
You never bothered to tell us what kind of an AR15 you bought.

Second, the AR15 is not an "assault rifle".
"Assault rifles" are the weapons that Military troops carry into combat.
"Assault rifles" are defined as weapons that are a SELECT FIRE (Ohhh, bet you didn't know that one), or a MACHINE GUN.
Now tell me that LEGAL TO OWN IN WASHINGTON STATE AND LEGAL TO OWN IN FREE AMERICA AR15 is a MACHINE GUN.
You can't.
You either LIED or you are STUPID or you didn't do your RESEARCH or you are low-life scum sucker who is using the deaths caused by the murdering pair to further your left-wing commie anti-American anti-Constitution liberal anti-Freedom agenda.
Take your pick
The LEGAL TO OWN AR15 is a "defined" (a name hung on it by liberal democRAT left wing commies) "ASSAULT WEAPON".
See the difference? Understand the difference?

Third, the AR15 does not use a "banana clip". Your lack of research is showing again.
The AR15 uses the same MAGAZINE as does the US Military's M16.
The device you insert into the AR15 is called a MAGAZINE.
You can load this MAGAZINE with a CLIP. A clip is what the cartridges are loaded onto.
The clip is then placed onto the magazine.
The clip is then loaded into the magazine.
The magazine is inserted into the AR15.

Wow, simple things you might have learned if you had bothered to do your research.

Untraceable Weapon? C'mon dude, get real. The BATF or the FBI can run those numbers and tell who, what and where that AR15 was made and who originally bought it. And if it had been bought or sold by a FFL holder it could have been traced too.
It's AMAZING that you never bothered to tell your viewers this important fact.

Where did you find out this "information" about a wait to buy an AR15 or any other defined "assault weapon"?
"Federal law states clearly that you have to pass a criminal background check and wait a few days before acquiring most guns."
Really?
What federal law is that?
Please give me the Code of Federal Regulations or the United States Code that this so-called "law" of yours falls under, ok.
Ooops, once again your lack of investigation skill is showing!
Federal law only requires that a background check of a prospective firearms owner is made before the purchase of the firearm is allowed.
Federal law does not distinguish between long guns and hand guns.
There is no Federal Law that imposes a waiting period for firearms purchases.
Washington State Law requires that a background check of a prospective firearms owner be done using the National Instant Check Program.
Washington State Law does have a 5 day waiting period for HANDGUNS, not rifles or shotguns.
Imagine that.
You didn't bother to add this FACT to your "report" now did you.
Wait, it gets BETTER!
If a CITIZEN of the State of Washington has a Washington State issued Concealed Carry Weapons Permit then they are exempt for the Washington State five working day waiting period.
They can walk into ANY gunstore and walk out that same day with a firearm.

And PLEASE don't even think of telling me that your "report" is geared for the "lowest common denominator" in terms of your viewing audience.
I would rather have someone make a decision who has been informed of BOTH SIDES of the issue.
Except "reporters" like you don't think that your viewing audience can "handle the truth", why else would you lie?

Me, I am disappointed in KIRO news for allowing you to let this POS report be aired.

Where was the NEWS REPORT on the person who pulled the trigger and murdered those people?

It was the guns fault, right. It's never the fault of the person that is pulling the trigger.

I know that the law abiding firearms owners of Washington State will never get a "turn" at the microphone so to speak.
No, news "reporters" like you will continue to chase ambulances and continue to build your careers on the human tragedies that happen every day.

Didn't someone just get stabbed to death this weekend in the U-District?
Where is the investigative report on knives and how easy it is to get one?

Oh by the way, do you know how to get in touch with Justin?
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=155177
There are many of us Washington State Firearms owners who want to get his side of the story.
If you would be so kind as to put me in touch with him we would appreciate it.

USNJoe
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 12:27:25 AM EDT
[#16]
A dude that needs a hair cut and shave!
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 1:03:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Bill
View Quote

Hello mr. uninformed.
It is if the earring is only present in the RIGHT ear, that they are announcing their gay agenda.
The left ear is for straight people, and both ears for peircing fans.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 1:03:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Mr. Halsne,

First and foremost, I would like to congratulate you on an excellent job of truth twisting, and lie passing.

Second, I would like to congratulate you on breaking the law.

In your STORY (and yes, it is just a story, a figment of your fears and small thinking), you had a person purchase a weapon from a private party, which in the context of a person to person transfer is legal.

However, since the person bought the weapon for YOU, it has crossed the boundary to a straw purchase, which is a FEDERAL FELONY and carries up to 10 years in prison.

I would like you to answer a few questions, if you don't mind.

1. Have you ever sold a car through a newspaper ad?

2. If so, did you check the person's drivers license, and do a check to assure that they didn't obtain a false drivers license?

3. Why did you not use a dealer to do the sale?

4. Have you ever bought a car from an ad posted by a private party?

5. If so, did you subject yourself to a background check?

In the United States of America, a person is free to dispose of their private property as they wish.

The Brady Check (National Criminal Instant System background check) is for DEALERS, not private citizens.

In the state of Virginia, all dealers and employees are issued EIN (employee Identification Numbers), which allows us to access the NCIS system. Without that EIN, you are not allowed BY LAW to use the system.

SO If I were to sell one of my private guns to a person, I would NOT be allowed to use the system, because it is private property.

However, if I were to sell the same person a gun from store inventory, then I would be required to perform the background check, since I was action in the capacity of a dealer.
And that is a BIG difference, one that you anti-gun people cannot seem to grasp.

I really hope to hear your response, but I doubt that I will, which is typical of HCI, VPC, the Brady Center, and the other anti-gun groups.

Have a day.

Hydguy (not used in the actual e-mail)
Former Marine
Gun Owner
NRA Member

PS. YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO USE ANY THOUGHTS OR IDEAS CONTAINED IN THIS E-MAIL FOR ANY ON AIR, PRINT, OR ELECTRONIC USE.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 1:30:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bill
View Quote

Hello mr. uninformed.
It is if the earring is only present in the RIGHT ear, that they are announcing their gay agenda.
View Quote

Actually, any man with pierced ears (left, right or both) looks pretty gay to me.  If you also have a pierced tongue, that pretty much cinches it. [:D]

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 1:38:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 3:53:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Ed, is it seriously him?
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 4:02:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 4:19:44 AM EDT
[#23]
nice earrings queer boy.

Link Posted: 11/19/2002 4:26:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Where is the investigative report on knives and how easy it is to get one?
USNJoe
View Quote

Sir, EXCELLENT email, but PLEASE, don't give them any ideas.... ;-)

NsB
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 5:40:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Isn't that antiUSSA?

[;D]
View Quote

[b][size=4]Hide your LITTLE GIRLS! [/b][/size=4]

(the first picture aint NOT photoshopped!)

[img]http://64.242.166.152/antiussa1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://64.242.166.152/anti9.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 5:45:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Isn't that antiUSSA?

[;D]
View Quote

[img]http://64.242.166.152/anti4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://64.242.166.152/anti8.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 10:59:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Exactly !

Thanks for the pics!

ROFLMFAO!!
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 11:17:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Back to the original topic, has anyone found this jerkweed yet?

I would really like to see one of these media stooges get put in the slammer for one of their stunts.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 2:22:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 2:51:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Well I read the article.... It looks like a straw purchase to me. Why doesn’t someone turn it over to the ATF? I be they love to kick there door in!!
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 6:54:02 PM EDT
[#31]
For the Washington State AR15.com Army:
From the Yahoo Groups Washington CCW list, this is from Dave Workman, holster designer and author of "Washington State Gun Rights and Responsibilities".
He is going to be on the Kirby Wilbur show on KVI.

Date:  Tue Nov 19, 2002  5:04 pm
Subject:  Re: [wa-ccw] Another KIRO response?

Okay, LISTERS... here's the situation.

Wednesday morning, I'm doiing the 6 a.m. segment on KVI - AM *(570 on your
radio dial!) at which time I will detail what I have and what I plan to
publish in the story I'm filing tomorrow with GUN WEEK, after I have an
opportunity to discuss it with executive Editor Joe Tartaro.

So tune in...and don't forget to check on getting GUN WEEK. That
information can be found at: www.saf.org

What you'll hear Wednesday, you'll get it first...

But it's a story I'd rather not be reporting.

Dave W.

Link Posted: 11/19/2002 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Bill
View Quote

NO NO NO! Right is wrong. Left is for those of us who are normal, but looking for a fight.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#33]
I forwarded this article to the ATFHQ in Washington.  It is a felony to buy a gun for someone else with randon money.  Who gives a crap who the hippy is, do your part and copntact the ATF and complain of a felony being reported as news,,,,,,,,,,give them their just reward,,close the loophole on their asses,,,
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 9:41:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Funny thing is that it was not an illegal purchase or an illegal transfer.

It is not illegal for anyone in Washington State to buy an AR15 from a private party and to give it away to anyone they want.

The only time it would be illegal is if the person who had bought the firearm had given it to a (know to the buyer at the time of giving it away) felon.

I called the Seattle ATF office and talked to an Agent Davis, he confirmed it after looking at the references I used.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 5:40:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 12:04:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bill
View Quote

Hello mr. uninformed.
View Quote

Well - an acid tounge. Lets see what we can do here.

How do you know which is the right ear, for a gay person to wear their ear ring in? Personal experience?

BW
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 12:18:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This just in!  

Justin (get it I made a pun!) from the "news story" is actually Justin Martin, the brother of Deanna Martin who is the Executive Director of Washington CeaseFire a rabid antigun group in this state.

Very interesting.......
View Quote

Are your sure?..because maybe We can find a way to get a E-mail address. I sure would like to ask the moron some questions...I have to goto work but when I get home I plan on checking on CeaseFire..

Link Posted: 11/20/2002 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bill
View Quote

NO NO NO! Right is wrong. Left is for those of us who are normal, but looking for a fight.
View Quote

Hey, ya'll, the 80's called, it wants it's preconcieved notions back. Neither means anything anymore, unless you're living in the stone age (aka. the Regan era). You know, that time from before this whole internet thing really took off. ;) IMHO, homophobia is gay.

Jason Abels
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top