Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 10/30/2013 4:37:22 PM EDT
Anyone else read the drivel written by Metcalf in the new G& A.  Someone needs to read some history before he shoots his mouth off next time.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Wut?
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:41:35 PM EDT
[#2]
It's an editorial piece on how he doesn't think we are regulated enough and that some sort of mandatory government firearms training is necessary in order for us to exercise our rights to k&ba.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like another Zumbo Award candidate.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:42:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Perhaps a link would help this thread along.

Even a quote or two?
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:43:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Perhaps a link would help this thread along.

Even a quote or two?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:44:05 PM EDT
[#6]
In "The Backstop" in the back of the latest Guns and Ammo magazine.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:44:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seriously- I am really surprised they printed this crap.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It's an editorial piece on how he doesn't think we are regulated enough and that some sort of mandatory government firearms training is necessary in order for us to exercise our rights to k&ba.
View Quote

Sure, require a firearms safety and shooting sports class in the mandatory education we all grew up with

Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:49:11 PM EDT
[#9]
His whole argument rests on the fallacious assumption that "well regulated" applies to citizens and their right to own firearms.  I can't really link to a magazine article- I'm sure someone will..  He is basically pushing for a 16 hour mandatory training for concealed carry, and is unable to see how this gem of legislation could and would be misused.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:50:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Tagged. If this is true he needs to be Recoiled/Zumboed.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:52:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Absolutely.  Zero tolerance for those on "our side" who are willing to advocate that we surrender rights.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Got the issue in the mail today.  Let's see what OP is talking about....

The title of the column:

"Let's Talk Limits: Do certain firearms regulations really constitute infringement?"

The last paragraph:

I don't think that requiring 16 hours of training to qualify for a concealed carry license is infringement in and of itself.

But that's just me... .
View Quote

I would ask Mr. Metcalf, why stop at 16?  If 16 is not infringement, what about 32?  64?  I'm off to read the rest.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:55:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Here is a quote of Metcalf from the lastest G&A: "And I do believe that their fellow citizens, by the specific language of the Second Amendment, have an equal right to enact regulatory laws requiring them to undergo adequate training and preparation for the responsibility of bearing arms."
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:56:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously, I am really surprised they still print G&A and that anybody reads it
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#17]
In on one, place holder while I go look for my pitchfork.

Modern rifle guy, who would have thought.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Maybe he is thinking his pet gun organization is gonna get big money out of such a scam? as in mandate training, and his Organization fills the void.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:57:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I am sure all of the thugs and gang bangers will be lining up for training.  And it will only cost about three fiddy.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Great, I really like the show too.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:59:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I am beginning to wonder why I am reading it!  Yes- please regulate the fuck out of my god given, self evident rights you fucktastic shithead.
ETA- Metcalf, that is!
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:59:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
His whole argument rests on the fallacious assumption that "well regulated" applies to citizens and their right to own firearms.  I can't really link to a magazine article- I'm sure someone will..  He is basically pushing for a 16 hour mandatory training for concealed carry, and is unable to see how this gem of legislation could and would be misused.
View Quote

I think he getting the 16 hr. training for CCW remark from the libtard state that he is from, IL.  They are requiring 16 hrs. of training/instruction for non Mil./LEO or prior service.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Sure, require a firearms safety and shooting sports class in the mandatory education we all grew up with

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah- in first grade!  Hadn't thought of it like that!
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#24]
I met Richard Metcalf at Foggy Mountain Guide Service in Maine years ago hunting Black Bear with a .41 magnum handgun.  

Talking with the man I found that I was not impressed with him as he was with himself.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:04:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The title of the column:

"Let's Talk Limits: Do certain firearms regulations really constitute infringement?"

The last paragraph:

I would ask Mr. Metcalf, why stop at 16?  If 16 is not infringement, what about 32?  64?  I'm off to read the rest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The title of the column:

The last paragraph:

I don't think that requiring 16 hours of training to qualify for a concealed carry license is infringement in and of itself.

But that's just me... .

How about an accuracy requirement? Something "reasonable" like hitting a 1" target at 300 yards from a standing position with your intended CC handgun 9 out of 10 times (exemptions for Law Enforcement and friends of Obama of course)
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#26]

That blowhard has been around forever.

Maybe he's getting a bit senile.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#27]
well there goes my subscription.

Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:13:05 PM EDT
[#28]
He is. The Metcalfs are good people. I think what he said is taken out of context. They are the loudest gun right supporters here is West/Central Illinois and do a lot of good. My family and I are members of PASA park which they own and maintain. It's a great place to shoot. Yes the 16 hours training is BS, hopefully that will change in the future.

Quoted:

I think he getting the 16 hr. training for CCW remark from the libtard state that he is from, IL.  They are requiring 16 hrs. of training/instruction for non Mil./LEO or prior service.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:13:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:19:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
In "The Backstop" in the back of the latest Guns and Ammo magazine.
View Quote

I haven't bothered with that magazine for years. I can get factually correct, relevant, and conflict of interest free info about guns off the Interwebz for considerably less.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Well, guess G&A is now off my list of mags to read.....
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:24:53 PM EDT
[#32]
He can suck on a cock, a big, veiny, wet, throbbing cock jammed into his throat.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Always thought that guy was a bit off.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:30:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Well, at least his parents chose the right name for him!
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:33:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Here is a quote of Metcalf from the lastest G&A: "And I do believe that their fellow citizens, by the specific language of the Second Amendment, have an equal right to enact regulatory laws requiring them to undergo adequate training and preparation for the responsibility of bearing arms."
View Quote

Well fuck him.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:36:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Fire it up on Facebook!!!!

Zumbo Metcalf
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
He is. The Metcalfs are good people. I think what he said is taken out of context. They are the loudest gun right supporters here is West/Central Illinois and do a lot of good. My family and I are members of PASA park which they own and maintain. It's a great place to shoot. Yes the 16 hours training is BS, hopefully that will change in the future.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

What he said was taken straight out of the context of what he meant- I know how to read.  Read it yourself first. ETA: 13er!
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:42:32 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Fire it up on Facebook!!!!

Zumbo Metcalf
View Quote
This is one of the rare occasions I wish I had a Fakebook acct.

Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:43:40 PM EDT
[#40]
just posted with a bunch of others on their facebook
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#41]
I don't think that requiring 16 hours of training to qualify for a concealed carry license Freedom of Speech is infringement in and of itself...But that's just me...

I don't think that requiring 16 hours of training to qualify for a concealed carry license Freedom of Religion is infringement in and of itself. But that's just me...

I don't think that requiring 16 hours of training to qualify for a concealed carry license Freedom of the Press is infringement in and of itself. But that's just me...

I don't think that requiring 16 hours of training to qualify for a concealed carry license to peaceably assemble is infringement in and of itself...But that's just me...

Nope, that dog won't hunt. I've tried it every which-a-way and it just doesn't work.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:07:03 PM EDT
[#42]
This doesn't seem to be gaining the footing I thought it  would!  
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#43]
In on one, and fuck Dick Metcalf.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#44]
No traction on this, huh?
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:49:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Fuck him

I hope he gets [COC] and [COC] then [COC] by the [COC] until [COC].
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I met Richard Metcalf at Foggy Mountain Guide Service in Maine years ago hunting Black Bear with a .41 magnum handgun.  

Talking with the man I found that I was not impressed with him as he was with himself.  
View Quote

I've felt this way about almost every person that I've ever met.

ETA: Always enjoyed G&A, but I definitely will not be renewing. For the record I let Outdoor Life go after the Zumbo incident.

Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:54:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
well there goes my subscription.

View Quote

I wouldn't do that yet.  Write first.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote
Well May the great fuck be upon him (If that's what He said).

Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
He can suck on a cock, a big, veiny, wet, throbbing cock jammed into his throat.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

If you werent a life member I would have thought your comment was a troll account from Pat Rogers
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#50]
In on one
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top