Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2013 5:08:26 PM EDT
There are 4 of them. Well the other ones are 1400 with a rail and stuff. Would you guys buy it. Or does that mean
Everything is coming back to normal as far as rifles. I don't need it but would like a colt. I have a spikes/palmetto ar and a
Stag. I would like to sell my stag to get the colt.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Everything has been "back to normal" for guns and magazines for a while now.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Colt: You can buy better, but you can't pay more.

ETA: Still worth the price they are asking though.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:11:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
There are 4 of them. Well the other ones are 1400 with a rail and stuff. Would you guys buy it. Or does that mean
Everything is coming back to normal as far as rifles. I don't need it but would like a colt. I have a spikes/palmetto ar and a
View Quote

I have a LE6920 Colt from Walmart. Love mine
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:11:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep.  Even "better than normal" in some cases.  It's just ammo that's lagging, but I'm starting to see more .223 break the 40cpr barrier every week.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:12:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Support Wal-Mart.  Be a hero!
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#6]
FO!
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:12:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Buy the colt. If you have the cash buy the SOCOM 6920 model for $1400. They rock.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#8]
AR prices are back to normal, even a bit lower around here.  I bought a Colt for 1097$ from Wally world as a shooter right before the panic and didn't even sell it when they were going for 2500$. It's a very nice rifle.  I would buy another.  I wouldn't buy any of them with the rail as you probably will end up putting something else on it anyways.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:13:55 PM EDT
[#9]
DSG Arms has Colt 6920's now for $950. That's a helluva deal.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep.  Even "better than normal" in some cases.  It's just ammo that's lagging, but I'm starting to see more .223 break the 40cpr barrier every week.
View Quote

I know the availabilty has went through the roof anyway. Tons of the AE 150 round boxes in stock at all the walmarts around here. Even starting to get pistol ammo in on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#11]
DSG has 6920s for 950$. I just got the email. Black friday should be interesting!
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:15:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I saw a colt at my WM this evening but it wasn't a 6920

It was an M4 something.

Looked nice.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:15:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Is it a 6920.

I've been looking for a 6721 for a while.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:55:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I thought they used to be sub $1k at Wally? My FFL actually gets them cheaper now, which is weird.

Colt makes a nice rifle, but they aren't the best in the game anymore, mainly because of their lack of CHF barrels... Which isn't a HUGE deal.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:57:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:57:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
DSG has 6920s for 950$. I just got the email. Black friday should be interesting!
View Quote

nuts, should have read the whole thread.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:58:21 PM EDT
[#17]
The ole 6920W
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I thought they used to be sub $1k at Wally? My FFL actually gets them cheaper now, which is weird.

Colt makes a nice rifle, but they aren't the best in the game anymore, mainly because of their lack of CHF barrels... Which isn't a HUGE deal.
View Quote

Anyone who knows better should look elsewhere for qaulity and better specs for better money. A Palmetto State rifle with a CHF chrome lined 1:7 barrel can be had for less than $700.

I would buy a Colt as an investment, and even then only for the name. People pay stupid money for them during panics for some reason. The 2013 6940 is not worth what they are asking for it. Go read in the industry forum as to why.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:02:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Anyone who knows better should look elsewhere for qaulity and better specs for better money. A Palmetto State rifle with a CHF chrome lined 1:7 barrel can be had for less than $700.

I would buy a Colt as an investment, and even then only for the name. People pay stupid money for them during panics for some reason. The 2013 6940 is not worth what they are asking for it. Go read in the industry forum as to why.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh stop with PSA shit already
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:04:31 PM EDT
[#20]
PSA was just an example. Personally I would buy another Daniel Defense for $1300 before the Colt for $100 more. The two aren't even comparable when set side by side.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:09:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have an exact thread?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:18:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Have an exact thread?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have an exact thread?

Excuse the typo, I was talking about the 2013 models of 6920SOCOM rifles. Colt changed the rail and rear sight in the middle of the year and the first ones to recieve them after ordering were not informed of the changes. Folks who ordered guns with KAC rails in the catalog got Troy railed guns instead, for the same price. If they had lowered the MSRP with the furniture change it would have been a different story.

The new setup for the regular 6920 is considered a downgrade from previous models as well. Removal of the carry handle and the Rogers stock are the main changes.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:21:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Yeah I saw the changes to the regular 6920.  Was more disappointed with the loss of the carry handle than the stock, but still sucks.  At the same price, its definitely not the same value, for either model
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:22:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So Colt is on the same level as PSA?  Are they paying you to say that?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Have an exact thread?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have an exact thread?
I'd like to see it too.  I've seen comments about the 6920 Socom coming with a Troy drop in but not much on the 6940.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:26:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not even close. How can you argue that point though? The specs on the PSA rifle are better. The name on the Colt rifle is better. Certain people hold value in each more than the other.

Personally I think my DD rifle is better than both of them, which is why that would be my choice if I were to buy another rifle for personal use right now. For investment, I would buy the Colt. And no, DD doesn't pay me either.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:26:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'd like to see it too.  I've seen comments about the 6920 Socom coming with a Troy drop in but not much on the 6940.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have an exact thread?

That was my mistake. The 6920SOCOM is what I was talking about.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#28]
I remember when people were panic buying 6920's for $2k..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top