Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2013 4:08:52 PM EDT
If you have ANY interest in classic country/bluegrass then click on the link below.

This is some great music, in my opinion at least.  

Enjoy.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:16:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Clawhammer banjo style

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#2]
How about a version from Lester and Earl?

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:32:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you have ANY interest in classic country/bluegrass then click on the link below.

This is some great music, in my opinion at least.  

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug8p5pVsj9U
View Quote

I always liked Ralph and Carter until that fool Ralph endorsed Obama for president. Now I can't get past it. FYI, Junior Johnson did the same thing.

They were my heroes, not any more.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:37:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I LOVE bluegrass. Which even I find weird, since my go-to music is death metal I don't like country, but give me something with some combination of fiddle, banjo, mandolin, guitar, and a bass and I can't stop listening.

I woke up this morning with this song in my head. Rather, I could only remember a few words from the chorus and couldn't remember the rest. It came to me this afternoon

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:37:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Merrrrr
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I LOVE bluegrass. Which even I find weird, since my go-to music is death metal I don't like country, but give me something with some combination of fiddle, banjo, mandolin, guitar, and a bass and I can't stop listening.

I woke up this morning with this song in my head. Rather, I could only remember a few words from the chorus and couldn't remember the rest. It came to me this afternoon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bcDmJS8pHI
View Quote

I'm the same way. It's either bluegrass or Metallica/Pantera on my Pandora. Folks at work give me strange looks.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:39:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I like this one:

Dooley
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:43:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Clawhammer banjo style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBtjoRpmOjc

View Quote

Wow, he reminds me of Les Claypool in so many ways. Wonder how many times Les watched that video
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm the same way. It's either bluegrass or Metallica/Pantera on my Pandora. Folks at work give me strange looks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The purists will lynch me, but I assume you know about this?

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#10]
If you're listening to early bluegrass, it is hard to leave this one out.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:48:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The purists will lynch me, but I assume you know about this?

View Quote

Sure do. That is an awesome album. There are a good many bluegrass covers of rock songs out there, namely done by Hayseed Dixie, but Iron Horse killed the Metallica songs on that album.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I really dig Doc Boggs, Clarence Ashley, and Doc Watson...
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I listen to the Slipknot station at the gym, Tool in my truck and Allison Krauss in my wood working shop.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:54:31 PM EDT
[#14]
One of my favorite types of bluegrass is the sort of melancholy, minor key stuff. I call it 'dark bluegrass' for lack of a better name. Is there a proper term for it?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I listen to the Slipknot station at the gym, Tool in my truck and Allison Krauss in my wood working shop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Putting my Pandora streams on shuffle is liable to cause someone a metal collapse. My top stations: Bluegrass (very carefully pruned), Dio, Nine Inch Nails, Iron Maiden, Tangerine Dream, Classic Prog Rock, Phish, Psy Trance, Atmosphere, After the Burial, Unearth, God Forbid, Hank Williams, Ted Nugent, Miles Davis, King Crimson, Ministry.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:57:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Clawhammer banjo style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBtjoRpmOjc

View Quote

No one did it better than grandpa jones.  Ol' Rattler was another good one he did

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:14:56 PM EDT
[#17]
I liked this one.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top