Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/29/2013 9:20:24 AM EDT
I see much dislike for them on GD.  Everyone was a newbie here in the past.  Should we not be accepting to all those that come in here??  Can't we just all get along???
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:25:56 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I see much dislike for them on GD.  Everyone was a newbie here in the past.  Should we not be accepting to all those that come in here??  Can't we just all get along???
View Quote
Apparently not.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:25:57 AM EDT
[#2]
No. It is almost '14. I want my pound of flesh.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:27:58 AM EDT
[#3]
This year's class seems to be the worst so far ...

Add in the political climate and people get fedup
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:31:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree... the "new guy" bashing should absolutely cease and desist on 1 January.

But I just want that to further fuck with the damn 13'ers.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:31:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Just do a search for the 87 other threads asking this same question, for the answer.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:32:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm not racist against 13'rs.   But I would guess the attitude against them can be traced to the same lobe of the brain that houses hatred towards "Boots" in the military.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:33:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Some of the best Arfcomers I know are 13ers. Then again, most of the worst Arfcomers I know are also 13ers.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:48:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Because the posts from people of my generation are full of derp... Not all of us, but quite a god damn few.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:52:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some of the best Arfcomers I know are 13ers. Then again, most of the worst Arfcomers I know are also 13ers.
View Quote

This I think is the issue.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#10]
No
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#11]
damn 01ers

and for all the 13ers hoping this will go away when it's 2014 you're wrong. You will have to wait for a new presidential election and gun control scare to bring in a new crop of even more silly people Probably shortly after hillary becomes our next president, 17ers
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:56:24 AM EDT
[#12]
I have resigned myself to the idea that I am going to be a 13er from now until alteast 2025. I joined before the shootings and the election, and have owned ARs since I was young teen, but ohh well.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:56:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Here here!!  

.... but I feel like this is a tarp
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:58:12 AM EDT
[#14]
You don't get it... its not because they are new here

2014 will likely be a better class than most in 2013, the year of panic and disarray.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:58:25 AM EDT
[#15]
I've been labeled a 13'er. Truth be told I forget my old password to my old account and what email it was tied to so I started a new account up. People slammed me before for being libertarian, now they slam me for being a 13'er. If this place weren't so entertaining the assholes would have chased me off long ago.......probably a matter of time and they will though
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:00:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I agree... the "new guy" bashing should absolutely cease and desist on 1 January.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is told,

On the minute of 12:01, on the first of January, in the year of our Arfcom two thousand and fourteen, a man of great wisdom shall appear with a post count of one; and he shall call to the heavens and Earth, and to GD;

"Behold!, GD, for I offer you salvation!  I am of leopards and fives!  I am the _A and the TSX.  I have supped upon the holy wine of Dura, and EXPerienced the eighty seven maidens of my day.  I am the one who settles the quarrels of vagrants!

Brothers of the year of thirteen, repent! And be silent! And salvation shall be yours!"

And he will be spat upon and called Familiar, and he will be shunned, and GD will forever plunge into darkness.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:03:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Was the guy that couldn't put his BFL decal on his truck a 13er?

eta: My avatar scores pretty high in the Team forum.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#18]
The 13'ers are a mix of kids too young to own guns, 4chaners, conspiracy theorists, and panic buyers.

GD is so big that it's now just another anonymous message board to which you can stand on your soap box and make yourself heard. That appeals to many of the personality types mentioned above.

This site is still nothing less than awesome. GD is a containment board, if you don't like it then I suggest enjoying the site for the wealth of information and sense of community that the other boards contain.

EDIT: take a look at the avatar in the poster above me and tell me I'm wrong
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:09:50 AM EDT
[#19]
I came to GD quite awhile ago for the lulz and got hooked.  Finally decided to join and will soon get a paid membership.  I knew the 13'er hate coming in, but fuck it.  I decided to to hang out right in the belly of the beast... right here in GD.  

That being said.. I do understand the ALOT of the hate is legit.  I cringe at some of the shit some of these guys post.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:12:39 AM EDT
[#20]
We should be accepting of everyone except people who joined in Nov/Dec '12 and all of '13.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:13:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Because Arfcom is a haven for trendyiness and "everybody" is desperate to show how with it they are. Hence the piling on, the buzz words, the hero worship for whoever can be the most obnoxious in GD, "rules", and don't forget the secret handshake. Right now the trend is to be unwelcoming to new members. Get with the program.
Be cool or be cast out.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:15:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Probably because most of us are stupid
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:15:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have high hopes for the class of '14. They can't be as retarded as the class of '13 has been.
(Some notable exceptions, but pretty much most of them suck )
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:17:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Please forgive us.  Most of us are colossal morons who have no business at a keyboard, spewing our thought-vomit all over the web.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Has anyone considered that the majority of the dumbass threads came from '13 accounts because trolls make shitloads of accounts all in a short span all in the same year for the purpose of acting like a jackass?

Or would that make too much sense?

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:24:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A 13er will always be a 13er.  ESPECIALLY THE ONES with a join date of December 2012 - March 2013.  Many shill accounts created in that time, as well as stupid questions and opinions.

Basically, if you are a 13er, it would probably be easier to just cancel your account, walk away, and rejoin on 1/2014 than it would be to overcome the collective derp dropped by 99% of them after sandy hook....
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Has anyone considered that the majority of the dumbass threads came from '13 accounts because trolls make shitloads of accounts all in a short span all in the same year for the purpose of acting like a jackass?

Or would that make too much sense?

View Quote

Makes too much sense.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Post-Newton membership surge.  Lots of DU trolls, lots of clueless Fudds branching out from RemChesters for the first time.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It is told,

On the minute of 12:01, on the first of January, in the year of our Arfcom two thousand and fourteen, a man of great wisdom shall appear with a post count of one; and he shall call to the heavens and Earth, and to GD;

"Behold!, GD, for I offer you salvation!  I am of leopards and fives!  I am the _A and the TSX.  I have supped upon the holy wine of Dura, and EXPerienced the eighty seven maidens of my day.  I am the one who settles the quarrels of vagrants!

Brothers of the year of thirteen, repent! And be silent! And salvation shall be yours!"

And he will be spat upon and called Familiar, and he will be shunned, and GD will forever plunge into darkness.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is told,

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Post-Newton membership surge.  Lots of DU trolls, lots of clueless Fudds branching out from RemChesters for the first time.
View Quote

It started after aurora.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:32:21 AM EDT
[#31]
13er after 13er, NO AR15 WAS USED IN NEWTOWN SHOOTING OMG!!!!
So many locked threads.....
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#32]
same here. I use to  have a different email and usename for arf.com. Then, i stopped using the email and created a new account under another email address. Call me a 13'er all you want. Truth is, I have been shooting AR-15s way before the majority of people that post on this forum. Dont really care, i get on here to help people with their questions.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You don't get it... its not because they are new here

2014 will likely be a better class than most in 2013, the year of panic and disarray.
View Quote

This.

Right after Sandy Hook a tard wave gobbled up nearly every available AR on earth. Then they started signing up here because they didn't know what they were doing with their new extremely overpriced hobby. Then, instead of digging through older threads in the tech forums like most of the rest of us did, they started posting threads asking about the shiny flip thing and the pokey thingamajig that goes snap. It was facepalm city for months and months. Happily most of them have either forgotten about their knee jerk hobby and disappeared or embraced it enough to post up some cool topics and discussion. One 13'er from CO posts vids of himself annihilating shit with his .50BMG.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:41:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It is told,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is told,

Seriously though, look at what the people with "2013" on their profile say. They acknowledge the idiots among them and understand the stigma will go away when the mouth breathers cease posting or get banned. We picked up many good members this year and we just have to burn the chaff.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:42:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Because people who spend 3K on a used Bushmaster also tend to say stupid things on the internet?

14ers will be the people who waited out the madness, and bought shit at a reasonable price. I look forward to their input.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#36]
lotta the '13'ers seem to be part of the obama/fsa "truth squads" that go out and try to brainwash you into being a retarded, fsa ass licker like they are.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:42:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

So true.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:44:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

and for all the 13ers hoping this will go away when it's 2014 you're wrong. You will have to wait for a new presidential election and gun control scare to bring in a new crop of even more silly people Probably shortly after hillary becomes our next president, 17ers
View Quote

Well, fuck me!  You mean I gotta wait until 2017 to post my "Fly in an airplane- Is he flying 500 miles per hour if he's not touching anything?" question/thread?  
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:45:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Please forgive us.  Most of us are colossal morons who have no business at a keyboard, spewing our thought-vomit all over the web.
View Quote

Guilty as charged.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:49:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
same here. I use to  have a different email and usename for arf.com. Then, i stopped using the email and created a new account under another email address. Call me a 13'er all you want. Truth is, I have been shooting AR-15s way before the majority of people that post on this forum. Dont really care, i get on here to help people with their questions.
View Quote

I assume your other 13 posts were helping people with questions rather than telling everyone you were shooting AR-15's before we were
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:51:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. GrandfatherCoyote and Naamah are some good ones, but they are few among many.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:51:50 AM EDT
[#42]
See the shotgun thread.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:52:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Because of the election results, Sandy hook and many other factors we got a lot of folks in the class of 13 that normally would not be here. Grouped by year 13 seems to have a larger percentage of tin foil wearing, gold fringe and 88 fuckers than other years.
14 should be a better year
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:54:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

What you did there!
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:57:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Then, instead of digging through older threads in the tech forums like most of the rest of us did, they started posting threads asking about the shiny flip thing and the pokey thingamajig that goes snap. It was facepalm city for months and months.
View Quote

I actually hate that I missed all this.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:57:39 AM EDT
[#46]
The site had an influx of members in late 2012 and early 2013 due to Sandy Hook.

Those members brought an influx of EE feedback threads and stupid GD threads with them.

Much of the derision is well earned.

Example
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#47]
it all went down hill after Feb 2001
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:06:37 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote
See this is a good 13'er

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:09:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Cuz' we iz tarded'
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:13:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

From a fellow '13er...

...get over it. Put your big boy boots on and man up. GD ain't no place for the sensitive types.

ETA: Sigh, I need more coffee. OP ain't a 13'er...or IS he?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top