BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2013 8:50:49 AM EDT
http://www.occupydemocrats.com/done-yet-lm/

Horror stories involving public shootings has dominated the debate on
gun control—But what about handguns, which are far more common than
semi-automatics?

Almost no attention has been paid to handguns in the debate on gun control. However, a recent study has shown
that the number of children and teens hospitalized from gunshot wounds
has risen almost 60% in a decade (between 1997 and 2009). In 70% of
cases where a child or teen suffered a gunshot wound, the weapon was a
handgun, not a high-powered weapon. Additionally, 19% of these gunshot
wounds occurred inside the home, and about 20% occurred on the street.

That’s right: a fifth of children’s gunshot injuries in this country
are happening in the "safety” of their own home. Currently, around 500
children and teens a year die in hospitals from gunshot wounds in this
country.

What’s worse: It’s easier to get a gun than food. Currently, there are more gun retail stores in
the United States than there are supermarkets (51,438 versus 36,569).
It’s a lucrative business, with over five million guns being
manufactured in the U.S. every year, and another three million imported.
To purchase a firearm, you need only to pass a basic background check (fewer than .5% of applicants are denied).
Living with a child or with someone who failed the background check
does not disqualify you. This is different from applying for food
stamps, where yes, in some states, you actually can be denied if you live with someone who is disqualified.

Proponents of the second amendment claim that education is the key to
gun ownership. Wouldn’t it be appropriate then to introduce mandatory
educational programs for people before they receive a firearm? Or a more
thorough check to make sure children or teens do not have access to
guns? Funny how in this situation, Republicans seem to support education
and oppose abstinence.

Instead of limiting a child’s access to guns, you can get your little girl a pink, lightweight model. Yes, they actually make guns for children.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:52:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I came here for horse cock.  

Living with a child ... does not disqualify you
View Quote

If I had a little girl, that would probably be her first gun.  Liberals are fucked up.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#2]
weird double tap
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:56:45 AM EDT
[#3]
1. I wonder how many of those "children" getting shot with handguns are teenage gang members, or the spawn of ghetto-goblin drug dealers who find daddy's "gat" at the stash house?

2. There is zero chance that there are 51,000+ retail gun stores. Maybe 51,000 FFL holders total, of all types, the vast majority of which aren't engaged in typical storefront operations.

3. I'm a bit rusty as it's been a good 87 minutes since I stopped at the supermarket to grab something for lunch, but I don't recall filling out any forms or waiting while my background check got "delayed" and then "approved" 45 minutes later.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:56:53 AM EDT
[#4]
crappy stats are crappy

ETA: why don't we have a horribly written, bullshit cited, 3 paragraph blurb about voting to throw right back at them every time these pop up?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:59:13 AM EDT
[#5]
What’s worse: It’s easier to get a gun than food.
View Quote

How can someone write that with a straight face?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:01:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

One thing I've noticed over the years is that most people who pontificate about the subject of guns in this manner have zero experience with them. These are the same sorts of know-it-all boobs who spout off on TwitterBookPage about how "nobody needs a Bushwhacker that sprays bullets everywhere," when they've never even seen a real AR (let alone used one).
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:02:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That’s safety” of their own home. Currently, around 500 children and teens a year die in hospitals from gunshot wounds in this country.
View Quote

500? Pssshhhh.

Pools in homes laugh at your measly death toll, handguns. Up your fucking game!

(Drowning Statistics)
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:02:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If I had a little girl, that would probably be her first gun.  Liberals are fucked up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Living with a child ... does not disqualify you

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:03:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Even conceding the gun vs grocery story bullshit, you can buy food at any convenience store, Wal-Mart, dollar store, restaraunt, cafe, fast food joint, or snack machine. Hell, I can't call Gun Hut and have a firearm delivered in 30 minutes or less. Although, I just had this great idea for a franchise!
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:05:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

One thing I've noticed over the years is that most people who pontificate about the subject of guns in this manner have zero experience with them. These are the same sorts of know-it-all boobs who spout off on TwitterBookPage about how "nobody needs a Bushwhacker that sprays bullets everywhere," when they've never even seen a real AR (let alone used one).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I say we put all food on a 7-day waiting period with a background check.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:05:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
http://www.occupydemocrats.com/done-yet-lm/

Horror stories involving public shootings has dominated the debate on gun control—But what about handguns, which are far more common than semi-automatics?

Almost no attention has been paid to handguns in the debate on gun control. However, a recent study has shown that the number of children and teens hospitalized from gunshot wounds has risen almost 60% in a decade (between 1997 and 2009). In 70% of cases where a child or teen suffered a gunshot wound, the weapon was a handgun, not a high-powered weapon. Additionally, 19% of these gunshot wounds occurred inside the home, and about 20% occurred on the street.

That’s safety” of their own home. Currently, around 500 children and teens a year die in hospitals from gunshot wounds in this country.

What’s worse: It’s easier to get a gun than food. Currently, there are more gun retail stores in the United States than there are supermarkets (51,438 versus 36,569). It’s a lucrative business, with over five million guns being manufactured in the U.S. every year, and another three million imported. To purchase a firearm, you need only to pass a basic background check (fewer than .5% of applicants are denied). Living with a child or with someone who failed the background check does not disqualify you. This is different from applying for food stamps, where yes, in some states, you actually can be denied if you live with someone who is disqualified.

Proponents of the second amendment claim that education is the key to gun ownership. Wouldn’t it be appropriate then to introduce mandatory educational programs for people before they receive a firearm? Or a more thorough check to make sure children or teens do not have access to guns? Funny how in this situation, Republicans seem to support education and oppose abstinence.

Instead of limiting a child’s access to guns, you can get your little girl a pink, lightweight model. Yes, they actually make guns for children.

View Quote

That is a laughable, bullshit statement. When was the last time you got a background check at the grocery store? And food stamps? really? You have no right to free food...
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:05:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Math:

500 children that "die every year" /74,000,000 children in the US =  .00006756  = pretty fucking minor "problem"

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/02/100226212559.htm

Number of children that die every day from choking on food 5.  5 * 365 = 1825 children die each year from choking on food. while only 500 die from guns.

Conclusion, ban food and also go fuck yourselves anti's(with the afore mentioned horse cock).
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:06:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly what I thought the OP was trying to say.  In fact I didn't even get that he meant horseshit for while after I'd been reading other threads.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:07:32 AM EDT
[#14]
That is quite the pile of horse shit

So is this

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:10:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
1. I wonder how many of those "children" getting shot with handguns are teenage gang members, or the spawn of ghetto-goblin drug dealers who find daddy's "gat" at the stash house?

2. There is zero chance that there are 51,000+ retail gun stores. Maybe 51,000 FFL holders total, of all types, the vast majority of which aren't engaged in typical storefront operations.

3. I'm a bit rusty as it's been a good 87 minutes since I stopped at the supermarket to grab something for lunch, but I don't recall filling out any forms or waiting while my background check got "delayed" and then "approved" 45 minutes later.
View Quote

45 minutes?   jeeze.   Every time I get delayed, I have to wait three full business days, not including the date of purchase.   Which means if I purchase on anything other than a monday, I wind up waiting nearly a fucking week.

A man could starve.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:15:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

45 minutes?   jeeze.   Every time I get delayed, I have to wait three full business days, not including the date of purchase.   Which means if I purchase on anything other than a monday, I wind up waiting nearly a fucking week.

A man could starve.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A man could starve.

At least your not waiting 10 24 hour periods like here in Kommunist Kalifornia
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:17:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

A man could starve.
View Quote

I've had to wait as long as 2 days before, but it's usually 45 min to 2 hours. I still have no idea why I get delayed.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:23:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Math:

500 children that "die every year" /74,000,000 children in the US =  .00006756  = pretty fucking minor "problem"

Number of children that die every day from choking on food 5.  5 * 365 = 1825 children die each year from choking on food. while only 500 die from guns.

Conclusion, ban food and also go fuck yourselves anti's(with the afore mentioned horse cock).
View Quote

2,500 people a year die in house fires.

60% of them occur in homes without working smoke detectors or fire extinguishers.  About 40% are children, and about 40% again are preventable if a smoke detector had been present.

In other words, somewhere around 400 children die every year because their homes don't have working smoke detectors in them.

A smoke detector costs $20 or less; a fire extinguisher $25 or less.  Call it $50 per household.

Democrats spend millions and millions of dollars on gun control, on the premise that it's for the children.

They could spend a mere fraction of that money, buy smoke detectors and hand them out (which absolutely nobody would object to), and save just about as many kids.

Which means, it has nothing to do with dead kids, and the liberals are just trying to emotionally exploit people to get what they want.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#19]
I came here because I thought this thread was about horses!
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:25:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

on top of that i had no idea i could get a gun delivered to my house, you know like a pizza.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:32:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Math:

View Quote

I like your style.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:35:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Math:

View Quote

I like your style.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:00:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Is everyone here obsessed with the cock or what? lol
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:11:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Math:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:13:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Proponents of the second amendment claim that education is the key to gun ownership. Wouldn’t it be appropriate then to introduce mandatory educational programs for people before they receive a firearm? Or a more thorough check to make sure children or teens do not have access to guns? Funny how in this situation, Republicans seem to support education and oppose abstinence.
View Quote

The fuck does this mean?

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:14:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Is everyone here obsessed with the cock or what? lol
View Quote

Seriously, am I the only one who read it as horseshit?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:14:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I've had to wait as long as 2 days before, but it's usually 45 min to 2 hours. I still have no idea why I get delayed.
View Quote

You are joking right?

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:17:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Don't you hate going to McDonald's and having to fill out that long-ass form and wait on the kid behind the counter to make the NICs call before he hands you your Big Mac?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:22:29 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

This. Name a town or metro in the US with more retail gun stores than grocery stores…the media is way out of control.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:20:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Look at it this way - if you have a pool at your house, you are more likely to have an accidental death than if you had a gun at home.

But no one is banning pools.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top