Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2013 6:47:39 AM EDT
http://www.komonews.com/news/national/Nevada-lawmaker-under-fire-for-saying-hed-vote-for-slavery-229629961.html

Link fixed

I get it--he takes his job seriously. Bravo, good Sir.  But you don't have to use the most toxic, no-win scenario to make your point.  Dumbass.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:54:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Your link is broken and fuck the media scare state.

My rail worker union liberal democrat divorced 4 times druggy uncle used to me when I was a teen that n-words should be shoveled into furnaces, where was the media then?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:57:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:04:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My rail worker union liberal democrat divorced 4 times druggy uncle used to me when I was a teen that n-words should be shoveled into furnaces, where was the media then?
View Quote

Link fixed, and of course he's being crucified by sound-bite, but by now we should all know better.  Especially if it's part of our job to be in the public spotlight.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:05:33 AM EDT
[#4]
His comment was that he would vote FOR slavery if that is what his constituents wanted. He is an idiot if he thinks that is how he is supposed to do his job.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:07:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
His comment was that he would vote FOR slavery if that is what his constituents wanted. He is an idiot if he thinks that is how he is supposed to do his job.
View Quote

Who gives a damn what a po-dunk pol thinks?  THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY IS DESTROYING HEALTH CARE.  That is all.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:07:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Meh, typical media trying to spin something mundane into controversy.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:15:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please, how is he supposed to do his job?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:24:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is not supposed to be a democracy, but a republic based on a constitution, administered by democratically elected representatives.  If a majority of your constituents want you to vote for something that violates the constitution, then that means a majority of your constituents are idiots, but does not mean you should vote for it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:28:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Per the Constitution?

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:31:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This is not supposed to be a democracy, but a republic based on a constitution, administered by democratically elected representatives.  If a majority of your constituents want you to vote for something that violates the constitution, then that means a majority of your constituents are idiots, but does not mean you should vote for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And were slaves considered citizens at that time?

Based on what you say, we should give full rights to illegal aliens. They live here right?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:32:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does legalizing some forms of slavery actually violate the constitution?

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:34:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Based on what you say, we should give full rights to illegal aliens. They live here right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Illegal aliens already enjoy all of the Constitutional protections that citizens do. Anyone standing on US soil does, regardless of their citizenship status. As it should be. There *are* some privledges that they don't enjoy (voting, firearms purchases and the like) but, they have all the rights and protections everyone else does.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:35:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what if your constituents want you to vote for a constitutional amendment to permit slavery?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:36:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did you have in mind?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:40:35 AM EDT
[#15]
OP, remember that the members of the left-wing liberal press are constantly circling conservative politicians like sharks in the water just waiting for ANY small slip-up so they can nail them in the newsmedia.   Meanwhile, Barry Soetoro can lie his ass off and Joe Biden can make a million stupid remarks and NEVER be held accountable in the media.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:44:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
OP, remember that the members of the left-wing liberal press are constantly circling conservative politicians like sharks in the water just waiting for ANY small slip-up so they can nail them in the newsmedia.   Meanwhile, Barry Soetoro can lie his ass off and Joe Biden can make a million stupid remarks and NEVER be held accountable in the media.
View Quote

Oh, yeah, I am keenly aware of that, and so should conservative politicians.  They should speak accordingly.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:46:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

+1 for literacy and articulation.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:46:54 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Per the constitution it is perfectly ok to have convicted criminals sentenced to slavery. I figure it would cut down on making prison fun.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:49:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Like the DNC even has to campaign anymore with shit like this. Do they even take a second to think about what comes out of their mouth?

It is like a fist fight between the Dems and Rs. But the R hands the Dem a hammer before the fight starts.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:51:02 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Like the DNC even has to campaign anymore with shit like this. Do they even have a brain?

It is like a fist fight between the Dems and Rs. But the R hands the Dem a hammer before the fight starts.
View Quote

I'm sure this is neither the last nor the dumbest things an R will say before the election. Somebody somewhere is going to say something that makes "legitimate rape" look like a well researched doctoral thesis.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:51:25 AM EDT
[#21]
You guys don't understand.

The liberal media clearly asked him a loaded question and forced him to say this remarkably stupid thing.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:51:27 AM EDT
[#22]

Slavery in it's vilest from still exists and is rampant in the US Today.

Tax Slavery.

I wish they would talk more and DO more about preventing this.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:09:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You guys don't understand.

The liberal media clearly asked him a loaded question and forced him to say this remarkably stupid thing.
View Quote

lol, of course!
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:12:37 AM EDT
[#24]
In all fairness, this would be legitimate slavery.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:18:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
FFS, why can't Republicans keep their mouths SHUT? (slavery this time)  
View Quote

They're just like democrats and spew plenty of idiocy. The difference is no one reports what a democrat says.

Guam capsizing, anyone? I don't recall that getting quite the press coverage of Dan Quayle misspelling potato.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:23:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They're just like democrats and spew plenty of idiocy. The difference is no one reports what a democrat says.

Guam capsizing, anyone? I don't recall that getting quite the press coverage of Dan Quayle misspelling potato.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FFS, why can't Republicans keep their mouths SHUT? (slavery this time)  

No one is trying to legislatively capsize Guam, as far as I know.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:26:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Hey, plenty of politicians vote for abortion, and that's way worse than slavery.

But wait, look over there!  I SEE RACISM!
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:30:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Well, every time they vote to increase the debt, they Are voting my children into Slavery.    

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:31:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
In all fairness, this would be legitimate slavery.
View Quote

No
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top