Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2013 3:33:33 AM EDT
Famous last words. Goodbye, I don't see this legislation staying one day after the next election

NBC News reported Monday that sources deeply involved in ObamaCare concede that 50 to 75 percent of the 14 million consumers who buy their insurance individually can expect to have coverage canceled in the next year.

One expert said the figure could be as high as 80 percent.

"We will keep this promise to the American people. If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health-care plan, you will be able to keep your health-care plan. Period,” he declared on June 15, 2009.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:40:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Our meetings at my employers are this week and we enroll next week. I'm going to start a thread posting actual prices on how much it is going up...
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:44:10 AM EDT
[#2]

‘The Obamacare Marketplace:’ Where People Buy Compulsory Insurance With Other People’s Money

I hope you are right!  This piece of crap called Obamacare is nothing but a grand plan to redistribute the wealth of the middle class, control the masses for the benefit of the government and ensure and insure a liberal voting block for decades.  I'm hoping this unconstitutional monstrosity will collapse under it's own putrid weight before the next election.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:47:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Except my current healthcare plan went up $60 every two weeks at the beginning of 2012 just to prepare for the Obamacare crisis. And my employer is already shopping around for a new plan because the current plan is going it go up really high again ...... Because of Obamacare. :( and with this Obamacare crisis going on, I tend to forget about the tax increase that happened at the start of the year.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:48:50 AM EDT
[#4]
My insurance is going up as well.........not sure how much yet, as open enrollment hasnt started, but the prices will change
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:53:41 AM EDT
[#5]
They are blaming the insurance companies now.

Valerie Jarrett ?@vj44 11h

FACT: Nothing in #Obamacare forces people out of their health plans. No change is required unless insurance companies change existing plans.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:56:38 AM EDT
[#6]
You CAN keep your plan --you CAN keep your doctor -- He never said it wasnt going to cost you.  
You can also build a coal fired power plant if you want. Its just going to bankrupt you.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:00:40 AM EDT
[#7]
"We didnt force them to drop you it was your greedy employer or the greedy insurance companies"

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:09:03 AM EDT
[#8]
goes well with I love you, the check is in the mail, I'll only put the tip in, and I won't come in your mouth.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:10:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Goodbye, I don't see this legislation staying one day after the next election
View Quote

LOL, no. And when Obamacare does finally collapse they will replace it with something worse.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:13:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Obama lied

People died
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:15:33 AM EDT
[#11]
If all of the major insurance companies are out of business and half of the country is on the government plan, the next election won't mean shit.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:32:24 AM EDT
[#12]
the employee mandate has been postponed for 12 more months.

"HIS" intention by doing this is to give employers more time to realize just how much employers will save by dropping all of us. Forcing us into the "Goverment" healthcare. We will not have a choice. The exchange will be flooded with new enrollees over the next 12 months.

That was "HIS" intention all along, regardless of the out come of the next election.

We are all fucked!
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:37:58 AM EDT
[#13]
I do HR for a medium size company. We faired pretty well with a 10% (4% coming directly from administrative fees for zero care) increase sticking with our current plan for one more year...... next year will be a different story when we will be forced into a new plan.

Speaking with our agent allot of other local companies did not fare so well, some seeing 60 to 80 percent increases. The impact this will have on individuals and employers will be profound, the working class has no idea how much they just got screwed.

I’m surprised we don’t see more discussion about the tax ramifications of the new plans.... your employer pays the penalty and gives you an increase in pay to purchase your own insurance on the "market".... the GOV just got more payroll tax from you and your employer and will also tax you on your purchase of a plan on the market.... this will essentially end the tax free status of health insurance.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:54:40 AM EDT
[#14]

My brother in a district muckety-muck in a chain of retail stores.

They have been instructed to ensure that none of their store employees cross over the 30-hour per week threshold.

"Dear Employee,

Due to Obamacare, your hours/pay will be cut by 25%."

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:59:30 AM EDT
[#15]
We just got our benefits info yesterday.  We lost our HMO plan, but still have one PPO plan offered.  Of course, the deductible, max out-of-pocket, co-pays, etc are all going up.  No word on what it is going to cost us yet either.  I'm just glad that we aren't getting thrown into Obamacare!
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:05:30 AM EDT
[#16]
I kinda hate to admit it, but my costs are going down slightly.  We just merged with 2 other companies and now have significantly more bargaining power, so we're getting a better group rate through a different provider next year.  Deductibles rose about $250 and prescriptions went up between $5 and $10 depending on the tier, but monthly premiums dropped from $104 to $88 on an equivalent plan.  I have a feeling this is partially due to the new company shouldering a greater percentage of the cost in lieu of the annual salary raise they passed on at the start of the new fiscal year.

I still hate Zerocare and everything it stands for.  But it's pretty hard for me to be up in arms about it if this is the greatest impact it will have on my wallet.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:13:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Wait till next year, the major impact for larger employers will not hit until 2014. Giving employers an extra year for complience will lul alot of peaple into a false sence of "this isnt so bad".
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:40:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Our meetings at my employers are this week and we enroll next week. I'm going to start a thread posting actual prices on how much it is going up...
View Quote

My insurance went up 20%.  We had enrollment back in September.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:55:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Sure, if you can afford it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:55:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Here is another little tidbit: Up until now, we haven't really known how the insurance plans offered on the exchanges were going to play out, and how the new ACO model was going to work. Well, it turns out that the exchange plans are trying to contract out at Medicaid reimbursement rates (except Colorado for some reason) ... not Medicare, Medicaid. At a recent meeting for members of my specialty, none of the large practice groups were planning to contract with the exchange plans. None. This means that we are going to be adding millions of people into the ranks of the "insured" and they are going to have an awfully hard time finding providers to take care of them. Basically the already strapped county systems and the ERs are going to get killed (especially when you consider that these high deductible plans are going to cause people to wait until a crisis before they get care).

Even places like Cleveland Clinic and Mayo, who are the "models" of how this system is supposed to work are not going to be able to afford getting sacked with tons of new patients who reimburse at terrible rates.

So what we are looking at is going from a crisis of coverage to a crisis of access to providers, thus leading to Phase 2 for the progressives which is to force providers to take their coverage. And then we will truly have government run healthcare.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top