Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2013 6:40:25 PM EDT
Purchased a Surefire G2X pro here on EE. Recieved the light and put in new batteries.  My old g2 is significantly brighter than the new G2X pro? I cannot get the light to switch between "low" and "high". Has anyone had a similar problem or experience! Any guidance would be appreciated. It has a "B" on it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:47:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Does it say Surefire on it?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Is surefire spelled correctly ?

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes it is spelled correct
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Pics?

ETA: Surefire's machining is impeccable so it's usually pretty easy to spot fakes.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:55:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey brother. Why don't you contact Surefire?  That company is good at backing up its products. I'm sure they could tell you if it's a fake.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#6]
g2x kinda sucks anyway unless the batterys are 100 % ..

anything less and it starts to just do the same level at both settings ..

surefire really needs to get on the 18650 bandwagon ..
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pics?

ETA: Surefire's machining is impeccable so it's usually pretty easy to spot fakes.
View Quote

that one is plastic..
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I just bought another from a dealer to compare. Worse case I end up with two
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:59:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hey brother. Why don't you contact Surefire?  That company is good at backing up its products. I'm sure they could tell you if it's a fake.
View Quote

Has anyone had luck sending in a light to them?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've never had to send a light to them but they have great customer service over the phone, they've sent me some parts for free before.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:12:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:44:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My old g2 is significantly brighter than the new G2X pro
View Quote

I cannot get the light to switch between "low" and "high"
View Quote

Weak batteries will also do that.

Are you sure you're using fresh batteries?

Measured with a DMM, they should be at least 3.2 volts each.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sent them a P6 incan I bought in '92 or '93 a couple years ago when it started acting goofy. The cleaned it up (polished contacts & body internals) and included a new bulb (free). The contacts were oxidizing and killing conductivity.

Last year the lens started peeling and getting smoky. I called them and described the problem ready to buy a new lens assembly and they sent me one gratis.

That light still lives with a Malkoff M60 conversion head.

I own an X300 & X300U plus a handful of others. The 300 lens came loose after maybe 1000 rounds and 3 years; a quick trip back had that replaced at no charge but shipping.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:59:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Purchased a Surefire G2X pro here on EE. Recieved the light and put in new batteries.  My old g2 is significantly brighter than the new G2X pro? I cannot get the light to switch between "low" and "high". Has anyone had a similar problem or experience! Any guidance would be appreciated. It has a "B" on it.
View Quote

Where to start?

Will you get a refund within 20 minutes?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 10:22:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Where to start?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where to start?

Wtf are you talking about?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:22:35 PM EDT
[#16]
OP, what's your head say on your original G2X?

I have here two G2X's, and older "new" version, and the newer "new" version. One is 200 lumens with a "B" marked on the head, and the newer one is 320 lumen with a "D" marked on the head.

Are you running SF batteries?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:34:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Brand new surefire batteries fresh from a new box and it is a B on it. My 180 lumin old g2 is brighter.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:44:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've sent shitloads of lights back to them.

Always received either a fixed or new light in short order. Usually some extra goodies.

The customer support is the only reason I stick with Surefire... If they start to suck at it, I'll be going with Elzetta.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:45:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

g2x kinda sucks anyway unless the batterys are 100 % ..

anything less and it starts to just do the same level at both settings ..

surefire really needs to get on the 18650 bandwagon ..
View Quote

Don't hold your breath, Surefire is clinging to their heyday when they ruled the roost and had no competition. They have given up on innovation or even just keeping pace with the times which leaves them largely irrelevant. Sink or swim Surefire, sink or swim.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:59:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Pics?

View Quote

The problem with having stuff made in China is that they just keep the line running after your order is fulfilled, and sell it under another label.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:26:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The problem with having stuff made in China is that they just keep the line running after your order is fulfilled, and sell it under another label.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pics?

All SF lights are made in America...California to be exact.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:37:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pics?

Not all of their components are, though... According to one of their boxes I read, at any rate.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:38:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Not all of their components are, though... According to one of their boxes I read, at any rate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pics?

Oh, that sounds about right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top