Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2013 5:35:47 PM EDT
Tragic  My heart goes out to the family

News video here

' ROGERSVILLE, Mo. -

Christian County sheriff's deputies say a 4-year-old girl died on the way to a hospital after being shot accidentally south of Rogersville.

Medical crews airlifted the girl to the hospital in Springfield but she didn't make it.

The accidental shooting happened shortly before 2:00 p.m. at a home on Highway U, about halfway between Rogersville and Bruner in northeastern Christian County.'

Article above here

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:53:41 PM EDT
[#1]
guy set up a target in his backyard, child ran into the path of the bullet

I utterly despise this kind of thing, when an adult's stupidity and carelessness is visited upon a child

truly criminal
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#2]
So sad.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
guy set up a target in his backyard, child ran into the path of the bullet

I utterly despise this kind of thing, when an adult's stupidity and carelessness is visited upon a child

truly criminal
View Quote

When I was young, I walked in front of someone who was walking down to check his target, asking to see his brass. I couldn't understand why he started yelling at me as he wasn't shooting. Now, I get it.

Sad day for that family. Why the hell wasn't someone watching her?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:16:48 PM EDT
[#4]

That's so very sad...

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:17:56 PM EDT
[#5]
when I was a little my best buddy across the street said, "my dad has a gun!"

then he went into a closet and grabbed a 22 rifle and dry fired it into my face

luckily there was no cartridge in it or I'd be dead

then we both got our ass beat by our parents because that was the solution to everything in those days

sure would be nice if people would sober the fuck up about firearms and treat them properly

but that would require common sense so it aint going to happen

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top