Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/28/2013 3:32:01 PM EDT
Ever think about how easy it would be to get AIDS transmitted to yourself?  Have a cut on your finger and shake someone else's hand (infected) then bam you got it?  I have had OCD about this issue the past 7 years.  I have dermatitis on my hands / fingers and sometimes i'll have cracked skin.  I work out at the gym a lot and try to put bandaids on open cracked skin sometimes it leaks through.   Shit makes me worried all the time I am paranoid as heck.  Anyways stupid friend of mine thought it would be funny to poke me on the back of the neck with a clothes pin in Macy's.  Logically I know the possibilities of getting AIDS is 99.99999% not going to happen from that but then my mind wonders for the other .00001%  What if someone poked themselves with the pin before I was in the store?  

I need help.  I have serious mental issues.  Told the wizard about these problems before I got out of the military and he didn't even know what to say... shrugged his shoulders and told me to seek help in the civilian world and take a yoga class.  Yeah right.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:34:02 PM EDT
[#1]
go camping with TRG?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:35:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:36:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't do unprotected anal with strange men or share syringes with street whores and you will probably be ok.

Or do. I don't give a damn.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:36:35 PM EDT
[#5]
It's really not very likely....takes a lot more than casual contact with a piece of gym equipment.

Not going to get it shaking hands either, not unless both of you are bleeding actively.

Worry less...life is more fun when you aren't worried about shit that ain't gonna happen
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:38:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't do unprotected anal with strange men or share syringes with street whores and you will probably be ok.

View Quote
This. There are a million things we can fret about every day.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#8]
If an HIV+ person stabbed themselves with the needle, I doubt the virus would have survived long enough on that needle to infect you, unless it happened while the needle was still wet with body fluid.  Drying / exposure to air kills a lot of nasties.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:41:50 PM EDT
[#9]
So chickity check yo self before you wreck yo self
'Cause big dicks up yo ass is bad for yo health

-Ice Cube from the song Check yo self.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't be a rump ranger and try not to do IV drugs accidently and you should be OK.
Quit worrying, you'll live a lot longer.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:42:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless you are a woman...

Then worry.  

Transmission rates for women and bottoms from infected partners are about the same.  Transmission to tops and hetero men are about the same.

It's not about God hating them thar fags or hitting a dirty hole.  It's about transmission of fluids and about what is prone to tearing or bleeding.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:42:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Look out for mosquitoes OP, I heard you can get aids from them as well if they bite and infected person right before they get you.  FLYING AIDS NEEDLES!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:44:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Trust me if Aids was that easy to catch every nurse and doctor and emt in America would have it. Its actually a very hard virus to spread. Casual contact absolutely will not spread it. Plus only two percent of the us population has the disease don't worry about it. even when getting stuck with a needle from an infected person with a high viral load your chances of becoming infected are almost nil.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:44:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I caught AIDS from an infected pot needle.

Jus regular AIDS, though.  Not Super AIDS.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:44:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Big dicks in ya ass is bad for ya health.

-Ice Cube from the song Check yo self.
View Quote

Optimum sig line material here.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#17]
How do you turn a fruit into a vegetable?

AIDS!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:46:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I can't afford to pay any aids
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:47:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Ever think about how easy it would be to get AIDS transmitted to yourself?  Have a cut on your finger and shake someone else's hand (infected) then bam you got it?  I have had OCD about this issue the past 7 years.  I have dermatitis on my hands / fingers and sometimes i'll have cracked skin.  I work out at the gym a lot and try to put bandaids on open cracked skin sometimes it leaks through.   Shit makes me worried all the time I am paranoid as heck.  Anyways stupid friend of mine thought it would be funny to poke me on the back of the neck with a clothes pin in Macy's.  Logically I know the possibilities of getting AIDS is 99.99999% not going to happen from that but then my mind wonders for the other .00001%  What if someone poked themselves with the pin before I was in the store?  

I need help.  I have serious mental issues.  Told the wizard about these problems before I got out of the military and he didn't even know what to say... shrugged his shoulders and told me to seek help in the civilian world and take a yoga class.  Yeah right.
View Quote

I've been having problems myself with bad anxiety. I feel ya, I have been going to the hospital alot for dumb things that I think are serious conditions.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:47:19 PM EDT
[#20]
OP just found out he's "HIV Aladeen"  
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#21]
It's actually a pretty weak virus, other than the fact that it kills people and is incurable.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:50:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I've been having problems myself with bad anxiety. I feel ya, I have been going to the hospital alot for dumb things that I think are serious conditions.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely sounds like anxiety. I struggled with it for years and would go to the emergency room thinking I was dying or going insane on many occasions. Finally got tired of it fucking me up and only then was I able to fight it off. Now anxiety is my bitch.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:51:18 PM EDT
[#23]
When I was in school they taught us that the only way to get AIDS was if you were gay.  (This is about when we all began calling each other gay, and referring to anything bad as gay.... Thanks public school!)

They also said that if we didn't begin recycling, the world would end in 3 years.  This dude even came to our school and sang about garbage while using garbage as musical instruments.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:52:48 PM EDT
[#25]
As easy as taking a dick in the ass.

As easy as blowing a a fag at the club.

As easy as banging a lot lizard at the truck stop...
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:53:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
When I was in school they taught us that the only way to get AIDS was if you were gay.  (This is about when we all began calling each other gay, and referring to anything bad as gay.... Thanks public school!)

They also said that if we didn't begin recycling, the world would end in 3 years.  This dude even came to our school and sang about garbage while using garbage as musical instruments.
View Quote

Ah... Fairfax County Public Schools...  leading the Nation in education..  
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Doug?

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:54:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Avoid scumbag junkies.
I think the odds are good.....
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#29]

Clonazepam

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:56:24 PM EDT
[#30]
It's usually transmitted by looking at something a person with AIDS has also looked at. You can also get AIDS from most cheeses.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:56:29 PM EDT
[#31]
I think I read somewhere that if you had unprotected sex with someone who is HIV+, there is a 1 in 300 chance of catching it.

There is a 1 in 10 chance of catching hepatitis from having unprotected sex.

Just to put it in prospective...........
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:57:36 PM EDT
[#33]
addicts pull blood into the syringe wen shooting up.  Not sure why but I believe it's to help spreed free love and goodwill.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:57:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Clonazepam

View Quote

Lorazepam
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:57:52 PM EDT
[#35]
You have to work pretty hard to get it.   The repetitive worrying you describe is treated effectively with SSRI's.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:58:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

It was actually in Western NY state (I escaped as soon as it was humanely possible, thanks US Army!) in the mid 80s, early 90s
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:58:26 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Lorazepam
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Clonazepam

Lorazepam

get both

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:59:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
addicts pull blood into the syringe wen shooting up.  Not sure why but I believe it's to help spreed free love and goodwill.
View Quote

To make sure they're in a vein.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#39]
THis entire thread has AIDS.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:01:38 PM EDT
[#40]
AIDS is hard to get. Hep is easy to get.

But I can tell from your post you don't have a rational fear. You probably already have AIDS, have you been tested lately?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:01:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It's actually a pretty weak virus, other than the fact that it kills people and is incurable.
View Quote

" />
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I think I read somewhere that if you had unprotected sex with someone who is HIV+, there is a 1 in 300 chance of catching it.

There is a 1 in 10 chance of catching hepatitis from having unprotected sex.

Just to put it in prospective...........
View Quote

It's riskier when you're the catcher and not the pitcher.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#43]
AIDS is tough to get .. . but how about MRSA?  Something like 15% of the population are carriers of it.  Shaking hands with strangers is creepy.

Oh, and on the subject of communicable diseases . . .  do birthday candles bug anyone else like the bug me?  The tradition that requires a person to blow as hard as possible over every square inch of the cake right before it's cut up and served?  Imagine doing that to a dish of mashed potatoes before passing it around - "anyone up for potatoes? one sec - whhhhhhhhhhhooooooohhh . . . whew! almost didn't get em all. here you go."  It's totally disgusting.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:11:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Ask this guy:

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:14:07 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://<a href=http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h5/jsnems/magic_johnson_3.jpg</a>" />

And then there's that.

And this...

But it's still out there, and it's still dangerous.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:16:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Used to be you could IM fiver and he'd give you the scoop.

Too bad he got banned.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:18:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Thee good news is that the only way you can catch AIDS from a toilet seat is if the other guy is still sitting there.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:19:12 PM EDT
[#48]
IN
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:20:28 PM EDT
[#49]
From the well written and thorough book, 'HIV and the Pathogenesis of AIDS' by Jay Levy:

The estimated risk of HIV after percutaneous exposure to HIV infected blood is 1 in 300 to 400. The potential for infection is increased if it is a deep injury, if there is blood visible on the device causing injury, if the device has been in contact with an infected person's blood vessel, and if the infected person from whom the blood was taken died from AIDS within two months after the exposure. The risk from mucosal membrane and skin exposure to infected blood is 1 to 1000 or less and is again influenced by the amount of blood and viral load.
View Quote

Odds are, you're fine. Deep breaths.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Ever think about how easy it would be to get AIDS transmitted to yourself?
View Quote

I'm going to tell you a little story.  When I was a medical intern at the height of the AIDS epidemic, when it was still a fatal disease because we lacked effective treatment, I got the mother of all bloody needle sticks.  We were coding an HIV/Hep B/Hep C positive worthless POS patient in the ICU.  I was trying to get a central line into the femoral vein when the resident decided to wake up and join the party.  She barrels into me while I'm holding a 'finder' needle to help locate the vein, dripping with blood, and the needle goes right into my left middle finger.  I thought, "Well, you stupid cunt, you just gave me AIDS and I didn't even get an orgasm!".  I scrubbed the Hell out of the hole with Betadine afterwards and thankfully I didn't seroconvert (I had Hep B vaccination so I wasn't really worried about that until I got my titers and they were low so I ended up needing another booster).

So, you have to work hard at getting AIDS.  I don't think I ever saw a patient with AIDS that, as everyone points out, didn't get it from buttsex or IV drug use, or both.  There were some hemophiliacs and a few other ways people got it, but it was always intimate contact of bodily fluids or blood products.  Shaking your chapped hands with someone won't get you anything worse than a cold virus.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top