Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2013 3:11:59 PM EDT

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Sunnyvale-voters-to-decide-on-tough-gun-law-4929112.php

Sunnyvale, hotbed of revolution?

The Silicon Valley suburb, ordinarily known for its high-tech office parks, 1960s tract houses and low crime, is on the forefront of a gun control debate that's snared the attention of both the National Rifle Association and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:13:23 PM EDT
[#1]
ehhh.. nevermind
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#2]
No way they get Rickys guns.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:20:32 PM EDT
[#3]
So... a new law slightly less extreme and anti-2A than the one that was just vetoed at the state level.

Gotta hand it to 'em, they are persistent and they do recognize the effectiveness of incrementalism.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Fuckin Bloomberg.

Stay out of my state. We have enough commies.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:26:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Fuck Leahy!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:30:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Commie state my surprised face.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

Where are you at?

We recently fended off a bunch of anti gun legislation that other states succumbed to. No longer the worst place in the nation to be a gun owner.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Where are you at?

We recently fended off a bunch of anti gun legislation that other states succumbed to. No longer the worst place in the nation to be a gun owner.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are you at?

Fuck Komiefornia - oh wait...........  Fuck Sunnyvale
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:03:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Pre-emption.  Suck it Sunnyvale.   I had an AK-47 in the city.  Despite their "ban".  State law > city bullshit.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:16:03 PM EDT
[#11]
As much as all of ARFcom knows that CA fucking sucks.

This is just another warning to all of us, the Anti's will NEVER give up and they will continue to attack, we are the ones that need to play offense.

Once we started to play offense look at how many states got CC.

Time to play more offense
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:19:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:25:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This is just another warning to all of us, the Anti's will NEVER give up and they will continue to attack, we are the ones that need to play offense.

View Quote

In the wake of Sandy Hook, and the anti's orgasming over the dead children, Kansas waved the finger at the feds, and now have some of the most lax gun laws in the country.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:32:54 PM EDT
[#14]

I can't believe the transformation that's gone on since I left CA in '86.  All I can say is that I'm glad I don't live there anymore.

Good luck fellas.  I hope Sunnyvale isn't too far gone too.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Doesn't Kali have pre-emption?
View Quote

"The California Legislature has expressly preempted the following areas of firearms law: 1) licensing or registration of commercially manufactured firearms8; 2) licensing or permitting with respect to the purchase, ownership, possession or carrying of a concealable firearm in the home or place of business9; and 3) regulation of the manufacture, sale or possession of "imitation firearms”10." -- http://smartgunlaws.org/local-authority-to-regulate-firearms-in-california/

Anecdotal, and on the opposite side of the country, both the sitting and previous mayors of Seattle have been trying to get WA's state preemption of firearms laws overturned for years.

It is premised on banning CCW in parks, but would allow him much more, like imposing an AWB within city limits, no respect for a concealed pistol license issued outside of Seattle, and change that from being a "shall-issue" to "may-issue" (and not likely to happen, unless you were a significant political donor of his, I suppose) for city residents.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:38:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

In the wake of Sandy Hook, and the anti's orgasming over the dead children, Kansas waved the finger at the feds, and now have some of the most lax gun laws in the country.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would rephrase that as most responsible not most lax.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:38:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because you good folks manned up and went on offense and got shit done, good job.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:07:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lahey's not just gonna roll over and die.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top