Page / 3
Posted: 10/28/2013 2:32:55 PM EDT

PD: church youth leader sexually involved with teen

• Updated: Monday, October 28, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT

• Published: Monday, October 28, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT

NEW CANAAN, Conn. (WTNH) -- A 25-year-old church youth group leader
was arrested for allegedly having a sexual relationship with a
15-year-old boy, police said.

Morgan V. Frawley turned herself in to New Canaan Police Friday.

According
to police, in late April they received a report from the Department of
Children and Families regarding reports that Fawley, who was a group
leader at the Congregational Church of New Canaan, was having an
inappropriate sexual relationship with a 15-year-old youth.

http://www.wtnh.com/news/crime/pd-church-youth-leader-sexually-involved-with-teen

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:33:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Guilty/ish
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Would

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:35:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guilty/ish
View Quote

No way, would wear her ho-ho as a hocky mask.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:37:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Absolutely disgusting.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Opsec - the boy did not have it.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:39:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Absolutely disgusting.
View Quote

Sep 2013, almost 1000 posts. Of course you don't like females. If it was a blog you'd be all over it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:41:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Sep 2013, almost 1000 posts. Of course you don't like females. If it was a blog you'd be all over it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Absolutely disgusting.

Not her, the whole scenario. An adult molesting a child like that is just proof of how sick our country is.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:49:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not her, the whole scenario. An adult molesting a child like that is just proof of how sick our country is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Absolutely disgusting.

And this is his 1000th post.
I remember when I was 15.

13er!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:50:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Not fantastic, but not bad.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:55:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Absolutely disgusting.
View Quote
I got laid at 15.

I'm giving her a +3 mugshot mulligan.

Not guilty.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:55:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Is it +2 or +3 for a mug shot picture?

ETA:  28 seconds  must be +3
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:56:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I would give it to her.

ETA: Where are the internet white knights?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#13]
According to the insurance industry, all churches have a problem with this.  It is not significantly worse in the RC church than it is in protestant churches.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:57:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I got laid at 15.    

Not guilty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Absolutely disgusting.
I got laid at 15.    

Not guilty.

By a pedophile?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:58:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
By a pedophile?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Absolutely disgusting.
I got laid at 15.    

Not guilty.

By a pedophile?
At 15, it's not pedophelia. Technically.

He's well into puberty.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:59:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

By a pedophile?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Absolutely disgusting.
I got laid at 15.    

Not guilty.

By a pedophile?

INB4 Debate.

She is not  a pedophile though.

That would imply before puberty.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:59:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Absolutely disgusting.

I remember when you first posted how pedos are people too. "How can we judge someone just because they are different." My favorite was your close pedo friend that never acted on it and how very confused he was.

So please let me call
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:02:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I remember when you first posted how pedos are people too. "How can we judge someone just because they are different." My favorite was your close pedo friend that never acted on it and how very confused he was.

So olease let me call
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Absolutely disgusting.

So olease let me call

Pedos are people too. When they molest children though, that's bad. Attraction is not a crime. Molestation is.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

By a pedophile?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Absolutely disgusting.
I got laid at 15.    

Not guilty.

By a pedophile?

You should probably look up what that word means before you start using it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:04:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Pedos are people too. When they molest children though, that's bad. Attraction is not a crime. Molestation is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Absolutely disgusting.

So olease let me call

Bullets don't kill people.  The rapid evacuation of the Brain from the skull does.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

He's well into puberty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Absolutely disgusting.
I got laid at 15.    

Not guilty.

By a pedophile?

He's well into puberty.

Really I'm just curious about peoples' reactions to these kinds of stories. What topics get the "downfall of America" posts, what topics get the "would smash" posts, etc.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:04:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote
I realize this sounds pedantic, but the woman in this story is not, by definition, a pedophile.

And I really get the impression that the encounter was consensual. It sure as shit would have been, when I was 15.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Really I'm just curious about peoples' reactions to these kinds of stories. What topics get the "downfall of America" posts, what topics get the "would smash" posts, etc.
View Quote
You'll note that I'm not one of those who makes the "downfall of America" posts.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Bullets don't kill people.  The rapid evacuation of the Brain from the skull does.
View Quote

Did that mean something to you?

What's the difference between attraction and action?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:07:05 PM EDT
[#27]
OMGOD, THE DOWNFALL OF AMERICA IS UPON US!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:07:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Absolutely disgusting.
I got laid at 15.    

Not guilty.

By a pedophile?

He's well into puberty.

That would be obama care, topics about obamas foreign policy or lack thereof, hell pretty much anything about obama and his voting base. Some 15 year old bumping uglies with a 25 year old is not a blip on the radar.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:08:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You'll note that I'm not one of those who makes the "downfall of America" posts.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've noted that you seem to be quite balanced and consistent

It's a really interesting topic full of grey areas... age of consent, adult vs child, physical vs mental maturity, etc.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:09:28 PM EDT
[#31]
The few times I went with my moms church youth group to the mountains for a few days skiing was pretty much a bang fest.

The leaders were the same. Guys and chicks 20-25 years old who got a free ski trip for driving a bunch of 16-18 year old kids to the mountains.
Everyone was banging everyone including the "leaders". Was some of the most corrupt shit I've ever seen and that's saying a whole lot!

I guess the party continues!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:10:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It's a really interesting topic full of grey areas... age of consent, adult vs child, physical vs mental maturity, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:10:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Gotta love this place.  A very attractive woman, outside of makeup and good lighting, is suddenly horribly ugly.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:11:15 PM EDT
[#34]
I'd hit it now.

At 15 I would have shot my nuts out the end of my dick.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:12:09 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Legally, she's fucked.

My saying "Not guilty" is really more my way of saying "I don't give a damn if a 25 year old chick has consensual relations with a 15 year old horny teenager".

Unless she duct taped a popsicle stick to his dick, he was more than willing.

Should she be fired? Yep. Should his parents be rightfully upset? Oh yeah. Do I want the law to fuck this woman over? Not really. They will (no mistake about it), but I'd rather it wasn't so.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:12:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
According to the insurance industry, all churches have a problem with this.  It is not significantly worse in the RC church than it is in protestant churches.
View Quote

That doesn't stop the endless, tired old meme that the problem in the Catholic church could be helped by letting priests get married.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:13:43 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

No you are just trolling. Like when you said you had experience as a parent but no kids or custodial obligation.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Legally, she's fucked.    

My saying "Not guilty" is really more my way of saying "I don't give a damn if a 25 year old chick has consensual relations with a 15 year old horny teenager".

Should she be fired? Yep. Should his parents be rightfully upset? Oh yeah. Do I want the law to fuck this woman over? Not really. They will (no mistake about it), but I'd rather it wasn't so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Legally, she's fucked.    

I really don't know what I think the law should be about situations like this. When in doubt, I think no .gov is better than any .gov though.

I don't like the thought of people who are in a position of authority over teens being in a relationship with them, but you can pretty much come up with an excuse for any law.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:18:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I realize this sounds pedantic, but the woman in this story is not, by definition, a pedophile.

And I really get the impression that the encounter was consensual. It sure as shit would have been, when I was 15.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.

It is still reprehensible behavior though and should be punished. Its even worse than the cases from a school. She is a church leader. She is supposed to be helping them grow spiritually and instead destroys that for personal benefit.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:20:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

No you are just trolling. Like when you said you had experience as a parent but no kids or custodial obligation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I don't have any dogs, but I have experience as a dog owner. How could that be? Contradiction, right? Try thinking.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:21:33 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I really don't know what I think the law should be about situations like this. When in doubt, I think no .gov is better than any .gov though.

I don't like the thought of people who are in a position of authority over teens being in a relationship with them, but you can pretty much come up with an excuse for any law.
View Quote
I don't either, which is why she should be fired. And nevermind the hypocrisy of a youth group leader in a church doing this (that's just icing on the cake).

I'm not going to call her "sick", though. She's 25, and a bit of a looker. At 15, a lot of boys are beginning to look like young men - some more than others. It depends. And by 15, I would have been all over that. And I would have kept my mouth shut, too.

It would have been bad judgement on my part (for a lot of reasons, to include my immaturity combined with raging hormones), but not so severe as to involve the law.

In hindsight, getting laid at 15 (my girlfriend was 16) was actually pretty stupid. Thankfully, it all worked out just fine, and neither of us have criminal records to show for it. Good thing she wasn't 25, I guess. Didn't make any difference to my dick.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#42]
What happened to having a slice of pie and STFU!

Ya, at 15 it's hard to fight the urge to tell everyone with a pulse you just banged a 25 year old but kids are pretty street smart and know someone is getting the shaft, again, if it gets out.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#43]
In my world the only person who would be punished is the Snitch!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:45:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Not guilty.  I hadn't caught the rule of spotting mulligans for mug shots, lol I love it.  Shame on her, shame, shame, shame.  She is a terrible church camp counselor.  Whenever this happens I can't help but wonder where in the hell were these women when I was 15?  
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Legally, she's fucked.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Legally, she's fucked.    

I say we should lower the voting age of boys to age 13.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:51:16 PM EDT
[#46]
not guilty.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:27:40 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote

And by 15, I would have been all over that. And I would have kept my mouth shut, too.

At fifteen I would have been mumbling incoherently while trying to not get caught staring at the boobs, and if I did figure out how to hit it I probably would have rented a bill board.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Absolutely disgusting.
View Quote

I think we saw that coming.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Drums . Weather system with a name. Door ventilated.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

OK, +4 on the mugshot
View All Quotes
id give her the ol   " bossa nova " treatment  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top