Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/28/2013 6:59:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:01:02 AM EDT
[#1]
How wonderful.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:01:39 AM EDT
[#2]
what the fuck are you laughing for? they did this deliberately. Sebelius will soon be along to tell us that to give us universal health care on the level we are used to is impossible with out single payer...........
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:01:42 AM EDT
[#3]
No redundancy....for 600 million.   Man, I wish could conduct business like that.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:02:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:04:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I would personally go door to door and sign up all these fucktards for 50  million
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:05:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I wonder if the contractors are going to have to increase the amount of kickbacks due to all the bad publicity and embarrassment?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:05:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Hello?  Server redundancy...  Hello?   Earth to the stupid people in .gov, wake the fuck up!!!

You'd think the thing would have been loaded onto virtual machines that could be restored in minutes.

:facepalm:
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:06:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
what the fuck are you laughing for? they did this deliberately. Sebelius will soon be along to tell us that to give us universal health care on the level we are used to is impossible with out single payer...........
View Quote

Maybe, but I think it's going to be a while before people start to trust that the govt can do anything effectively…. People might be a bit skeptical that the answer to this failure is to give the govt more responsibility.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:07:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Maybe, but I think it's going to be a while before people start to trust that the govt can do anything effectively…. People might be a bit skeptical that the answer to this failure is to give the govt more responsibility.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

give, you really think this administration thinks about what powers the public is willing to give them?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:08:55 AM EDT
[#10]
How long till they claim it was the fault of the GOP for not giving them enough funding to properly pay the company to maintain their servers?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:09:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No redundancy....for 600 million.   Man, I wish could conduct business like that.
View Quote

You could ........if you weren't held responsible for anything you do and could blame EVERYTHING on someone else.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:10:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hello?  Server redundancy...  Hello?   Earth to the stupid people in .gov, wake the fuck up!!!

You'd think the thing would have been loaded onto virtual machines that could be restored in minutes.

View Quote

I'm sure that it is.

I design high availability clustered resources for a living.  There is more than just using virtuals.

But in a properly designed environment, nine nines of uptime is easily attainable.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:11:00 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote
That would have cost 1.2 billion.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:11:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How long till they claim it was the fault of the GOP for not giving them enough funding to properly pay the company to maintain their servers?
View Quote

I can't remember which one it was but there was a Dem rep saying just that last week.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:11:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:11:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm sure that it is.

I design high availability clustered resources for a living.  There is more than just using virtuals.

But in a properly designed environment, nine nines of uptime is easily attainable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure that it is.

No doubt!

"In a properly designed environment", that my friend is what I'm fussing about!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:12:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

give, you really think this administration thinks about what powers the public is willing to give them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

good point
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:13:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That wouldn't surprise me one bit.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:17:31 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm sure we will pay for cost overruns to get the systems running.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:19:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm sure we will pay for cost overruns to get the systems running.
View Quote

Why not? it's not really our money is it?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:21:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:22:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:22:57 AM EDT
[#23]
The NSA probably blew up the system when tying in their monitoring piece.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:26:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Server redundancy and VM restoration wouldn't do anything to solve this problem.  What they have is a connectivity issue.  What was needed was network or DC circuit failover in some form of its many iteration.

That's why they are meeting with the CEO of Verizon.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:28:19 AM EDT
[#25]

On a Monday too - LoL !!!!

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:29:50 AM EDT
[#26]

I made it three pages into the system before I got the screen above.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:33:11 AM EDT
[#27]
This is 100%, without a doubt, Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:35:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Bullshit.

"We can blame Verizon for an outage, that'll get us a few days..."
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:38:34 AM EDT
[#29]
It seems to be back up, for the moment.

I'll bet that was a million dollar emergency patch, on top of all the other patches.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:38:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Server redundancy and VM restoration wouldn't do anything to solve this problem.  What they have is a connectivity issue.  What was needed was network or DC circuit failover in some form of its many iteration.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Definitely Verizon's fault.  Can't have any more egg on the King's face.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:45:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Government: the last refuge of the terminally incompetent.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:48:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Years ago, when the big push for national health care began, when true conservatives and libertarians made analogies to the efficiency of the US Post Office, they were mocked.

It hasn't even really fucking started and it's broke.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:59:27 AM EDT
[#33]
When the chief pole smoker heard about this.. he promptly took a nap, woke up and then went to play a round of golf with some faggot rap star or  criminal basketball player
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:07:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Good.  Burn, bitch, burn.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:08:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's exactly what I expect to see happen. I'm thinking the whole thing was designed to fail. How could the federal governemtn have the computer capability of the NSA but fuck this one up so bad?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:11:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
How wonderful.
View Quote

Yup... It's all FUBAR!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:14:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Has anyone bothered to tell maobama?
Probably not.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:15:08 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Years ago, when the big push for national health care began, when true conservatives and libertarians made analogies to the efficiency of the US Post Office, they were mocked.
It hasn't even really fucking started and it's broke.
View Quote

Its worse.

I can actually go to USPS.com and buy/print Priority Mail postage.

Same cant be said for zerocare
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:16:37 AM EDT
[#39]
It was a planned outage

HHS Statement:

The application and enrollment system on HealthCare.gov and the Data Services Hub is down because Terremark, the company that operates the data center that hosts the HealthCare.gov website and the Data Services Hub, experienced a failure in a networking component, and planned maintenance to replace it brought down network connectivity to the data center. Our understanding is that this failure is likely impacting several other sites, in addition to HealthCare.gov and the Data Services Hub. Terremark is working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:21:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I would personally go door to door and sign up all these fucktards for 50  million
View Quote

By some accounts that might be quicker.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:29:21 AM EDT
[#41]
What a complete and UTTER CLUSTERFUCK.

Thanks DUMBASS American voters.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:30:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Good.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Did they try unplugging it and then plugging it back in?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:34:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Did they try unplugging it and then plugging it back in?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:35:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Oh the tragedy
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:37:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am merely counting down the days till this happens.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:37:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Amazing.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:39:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:40:43 AM EDT
[#49]
I hope its permanent.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:43:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top