Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2013 6:37:30 AM EDT
Great class. 37 year former local sheriff gave the class. Very good class. He was asked by one of the students if he thought the CCW people would have their guns taken first if they came for them. He said no.He thought he had heard and his opinion was that it would eventually get to ONLY CCW permits would be able to own/buy guns since they already had info/fingerprints. He also broke out the Zombie targets for us to shoot!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:39:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:31:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:32:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How many people in the class scared you by the fact that they were there?
View Quote

???
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:34:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:36:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Congrats OP I got mine this year as well
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:36:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote

THOSE people ARE scary

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:41:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

THOSE people ARE scary

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THOSE people ARE scary

When I took mine, nobody scary, but there were some pretty annoyingly loud women making sure everyone else knew that they knew they had a gun and could shoot it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:41:40 AM EDT
[#8]
You're lucky. My CHP class sucked. 4 hours of how to tell the difference between autoloader and revolver, topped off with plenty of information on how to clean them, all taught by a tier 1 space shuttle door gunner tactical ninja. Oh, and 50 rounds fired mostly from  10 feet or less ( ok, 2 shots at 25 yards ).
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:48:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

???

There is always a few. One student came in with a Forensic book telling others in the class how important head shots are. This was for an NRA basic pistol class.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:53:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

When I took mine, nobody scary, but there were some pretty annoyingly loud women making sure everyone else knew that they knew they had a gun and could shoot it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THOSE people ARE scary

yep always them girls.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:53:54 AM EDT
[#11]
No body scary just one of the young women asked that question. 3 women and 3 men. Probably the most mellow class I could imagine. I was the only one with a center fire pistol. (G19) All other were shooting 22LR's. We were instructed to shoot 6 rounds 4 different times and done! The instructor was not 'full of himself' either. Very knowledgeable, kind, did not impose his ideas on anyone at all. Probably first LE I've ever encountered like that. He has been giving the classes since 1995 in AR.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:56:41 AM EDT
[#12]
My instructor went back and forth from bad-mouthing his ex-wife to perpetuating every Gun Shop Commando myth as though they were nuggets of holy information that would be the difference between jail/life/death.

Some gems:

1. All autos jam so only use FMJ and coat the nose of the bullets with Turtle Wax so they don't jam on the feed ramp.

2.  Never buy a gun with an animal name in the title, like Tomcat or Python because prosecutors will claim it shows you to be savage and bloodthirsty.

3.  His wife sleeps with Democrats.

4.  If you get a lightweight allow gun it will eventually blow up in your hand so make sure it's chambered in .22 LR.

5.  Best gun for defense is a DA snub revolver.  Keep empty chamber under the hammer otherwise it will 'go off and kill you.'. Load next chamber with a blank, then a shotshell, then a hollowpoint.  If you are assaulted, fire the blank and it will scare away the assailant.  If the blank doesn't scare them off, shot him with the snakeshot.  If that doesn't work, shoot them with the hollowpoint because it's deadly!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:59:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
5.  Best gun for defense is a DA snub revolver.  Keep empty chamber under the hammer otherwise it will 'go off and kill you.'. Load next chamber with a blank, then a shotshell, then a hollowpoint.  If you are assaulted, fire the blank and it will scare away the assailant.  If the blank doesn't scare them off, shot him with the snakeshot.  If that doesn't work, shoot them with the hollowpoint because it's deadly!
View Quote

Wait, am I not supposed to do that? That's how I carry everyday.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:14:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

My instructor went back and forth from bad-mouthing his ex-wife to perpetuating every Gun Shop Commando myth as though they were nuggets of holy information that would be the difference between jail/life/death.

Some gems:

1. All autos jam so only use FMJ and coat the nose of the bullets with Turtle Wax so they don't jam on the feed ramp.

2.  Never buy a gun with an animal name in the title, like Tomcat or Python because prosecutors will claim it shows you to be savage and bloodthirsty.

4.  If you get a lightweight allow gun it will eventually blow up in your hand so make sure it's chambered in .22 LR.

View Quote

Did he advocate a CCW sash?

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:16:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

yep always them girls.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THOSE people ARE scary

yep always them girls.

Couple of guys were the loudest blowbags in my class. I was thrilled to see a few ladies in the group.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Ok Mine DID talk about how you needed to clean an auto loader every time after shooting.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Some gems:

View Quote

HOLT SHIT!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top