Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/28/2013 3:12:15 AM EDT
Yeah, I'm a 13er, but this is a good one.

One of our own, Fatalwishes, is in a bad way.  Diagnosed with Burkitt's lymphoma and going through hell.  Is there any way his thread, "I'm Dying," could be stickied so that we can keep updated on him.  He has a blog that he writes on and a link to help.  He also has asked for someone to visit with him in the hospital if any of the Texas boys could visit.  I know I would like to be followed even if for a brief time.  Maybe in the grand scheme that is ARF there is someone who is a bone marrow match, a research scientist that has a new tactic, or any one of the magical ways that ARF seems to know someone, somewhere, all the time.

Just a thought.  Keep him in yours.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:51:49 AM EDT
[#1]
2nd the motion.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:52:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
2nd the motion.
View Quote

3rd the motion.

He and his family are in my prayers.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:54:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Wonder if we can get a group buy rifle going for his son, like a nice DMR? I'm not a organizer , but I will pitch in 100$ for a nice AR if someone wants to talk to Stryker and do the leg work , maybe a mod?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:57:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm going to try to make it out there (from Dallas) today, it being my day off.  I didn't post anything in the other thread because I've got other stuff to do today and I don't know if I'll make it, but I'm going to give it a shot.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:00:37 AM EDT
[#5]
We should buy the rifle for his son and get it custom engraved or something.  Like a quote or a phrase that he wants his kid to remember.  Doesn't Orion Arms do something like that?  I'm good for a couple bucks on that idea.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:02:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We should buy the rifle for his son and get it custom engraved or something.  Like a quote or a phrase that he wants his kid to remember.  Doesn't Orion Arms do something like that?  I'm good for a couple bucks on that idea.
View Quote

I'm down for $100.

You guys set something up that's legitimate, and I'll chip in $100 towards it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:03:39 AM EDT
[#7]
In on this as well, can we also make sure Fatal's thread get a link to cross post back to what we are doing for him?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:14:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Another 2nd motion
A bump
And "Im in"
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:20:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wonder if we can get a group buy rifle going for his son, like a nice DMR? I'm not a organizer , but I will pitch in 100$ for a nice AR if someone wants to talk to Stryker and do the leg work , maybe a mod?
View Quote

I'm definitely in for this.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:20:41 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll throw some bucks in towards that rifle, or towards his medical bills.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:21:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I never really post, only lurk...but that guy's post got to me.  I have a machine shop, we do custom lowers.  I can donate one, engrave whatever everyone decides, throw that in the mix.  If someone takes hold of this project PM me and I will do whatever is necessary.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:22:32 AM EDT
[#12]
great idea!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:23:03 AM EDT
[#13]
great idea!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:23:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:24:17 AM EDT
[#15]
That is an excellent idea.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:25:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I understand everyone's sentiment and desire to do something.

Please do not start any kind of effort for fundraising or the like. All requests for fundraisers are being denied, until next year at least.
View Quote

Why whats going on?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:31:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Why whats going on?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please do not start any kind of effort for fundraising or the like. All requests for fundraisers are being denied, until next year at least.

Why whats going on?

+1
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:31:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:32:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:47:03 AM EDT
[#20]
A life time membership for fatalwishes might be a nice thing to do.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:50:39 AM EDT
[#21]
If we do the rifle, remember he said that his son is a lefty.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:55:40 AM EDT
[#22]
I just wish a Texas member that's close to the area would go visit FW to represent me.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:56:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I've been receiving at least one request a week for fund raisers. the last 2 I approved have been getting very little response. I put them on hold until the new year as the members  seem to be getting overwhelmed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why whats going on?
I've been receiving at least one request a week for fund raisers. the last 2 I approved have been getting very little response. I put them on hold until the new year as the members  seem to be getting overwhelmed.

please read the thread.

link
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:02:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:16:17 AM EDT
[#25]
we can pray and someone local can stop by
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:19:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I did and I've received requests from people in terrible situations. Unfortunately the generosity of arfcommers can only go so far and when the response to fund raisers is almost non existent then that tells me people have given all they can and need a break.
I wish we could help everyone but we can't.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why whats going on?

please read the thread.

link
I did and I've received requests from people in terrible situations. Unfortunately the generosity of arfcommers can only go so far and when the response to fund raisers is almost non existent then that tells me people have given all they can and need a break.

Please make this exception.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:25:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Surely there is someone in the Houston area that can go visit him.  I'm not but would drive the 200 miles if I weren't recovering from surgery.

Please.  This is HARD on his family, he is lonely, scared and needing company.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:26:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I never really post, only lurk...but that guy's post got to me.  I have a machine shop, we do custom lowers.  I can donate one, engrave whatever everyone decides, throw that in the mix.  If someone takes hold of this project PM me and I will do whatever is necessary.
View Quote

Lovely gesture.... I believe his son is a lefty just as a fyi if it comes to that.  

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:28:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Surely there is someone in the Houston area that can go visit him.  I'm not but would drive the 200 miles if I weren't recovering from surgery.

View Quote

AFAIK he's in Cowtown,Texas Health Specialty Hospital,  1301 Pennsylvania Ave, Fort Worth, TX 76104. Harris tower, 7th floor, room 700.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:31:18 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

AFAIK he's in Cowtown,Texas Health Specialty Hospital,  Harris tower, 7th floor, room 700.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

AFAIK he's in Cowtown,Texas Health Specialty Hospital,  Harris tower, 7th floor, room 700.

Yeah, I'm not on my game.  Like I said, I am recovering from surgery.  But still the plea goes out.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:48:49 AM EDT
[#31]
I nominate OP for Honorary '12er Status.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:50:30 AM EDT
[#32]
I don't know the inner workings of arfcom so Idk underlying issues with current fundraisers, but i really hope somehow some way we can do something for him or his family to show the compassion that us arfcommers are capable of.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:04:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I just wish a Texas member that's close to the area would go visit FW to represent me.
View Quote

Agreed, I wish like hell I could go see the man and shake his hand and talk awhile. I'm just a few years younger than he is and can't imagine sitting alone in a hospital bed all day fighting for my life.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:04:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Another 2nd motion
A bump
And "Im in"
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:12:25 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm in.  Tagging this thread.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:16:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Another bump in support.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:18:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'm down for $100.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm down for $100.

I'm in for $100, too. If it develops, somebody PM me in case I don't follow the thread/idea close enough. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:19:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Love this place.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:21:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Just another Bump,,     And prayers for him and his family.                
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:40:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I nominate OP for Honorary '12er Status.
View Quote

Thanks for the thought but I like being able to bring some class to the 13er status.  Not much but I try.

As for nicky2fists, I know this isn't sanctioned by the ARF Gods but a lower with the kids DOB as the serial # wouldn't be hard would it?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:06:51 AM EDT
[#41]
If someone close to Fatalwishes has the info that would go on the lower, its as good as done.  I would need someone to deliver...I'm in Austin.  ARF staff seem to be trying to do the best they can and no hard feelings.  This could be just a two-man gig...me and whoever can PM me can do delivery.  Everyone else can say prayers, which is not nothing, and is helpful.  

I have a two-year old and another otw.  If I went early and missed teaching them to hunt, I'd at least want them to have something to connect me to that activity when they got there on their own.  Maybe a message from FW to son?  I have a laser engraver, so I can put a fair amount of text on it.  Say 120 characters?  Favorite bible verse, whatever he would like.  If someone in the metroplex can deliver it, pm me and we can work out how to get it to you.

Nick
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:04:59 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why whats going on?

please read the thread.

link

Well if ARFCOM won't post a link for donations (No $$ from the site required) then he get's my next years gold membership $$.  

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:05:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why whats going on?

What were the last two approved? To be honest I haven't seen a fund raising request in a long time and I am in GD all day.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:07:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Well if ARFCOM won't post a link for donations (No $$ from the site required) then he get's my next years gold membership $$.  

View Quote

Yep, total BS.

IM Fatalwishes. Get his address, and help him. That's what I'm doing.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:08:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I wish we could help everyone but we can'twon't.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why whats going on?

please read the thread.

link
I wish we could help everyone but we can'twon't.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:09:38 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Yep, total BS.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, total BS.

All ready did and asked to see his wife or himself sets up a fund, so we know they get it!

Not that I want the ban hammer, but I guess this site is no longer a community! It simply a commodity

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:12:02 AM EDT
[#47]
I posted in the thread offering a LPK if he wants to build his son a rifle, maybe it would be more meaningful to assemble it with his son as opposed to just ordering one.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:12:14 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

All ready did and asked to see his wife or himself sets up a fund, so we know they get it!

Not that I want the ban hammer, but I guess this site is no longer a community! It simply a commodity

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, total BS.

Yep, fucking BS

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:12:41 AM EDT
[#49]
+1 !!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:13:45 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I posted in the thread offering a LPK if he wants to build his son a rifle, maybe it would be more meaningful to assemble it with his son as opposed to just ordering one.
View Quote
A gun for his boy would be nice... But he stated they have $15k in deductibles that come do in Nov!

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top