Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2013 11:58:19 PM EDT
I'm sick of pocket carrying at work. I wear suits. The pant material is thin and even a P3AT in a pocket holster feels like a bulky uncomfortable POS. I have all my suits tailored and have my carry pocket double lined but it still isn't good enough. Plus it would be really nice to have both pockets available.

At minimum I prefer to carry a Kahr PM9. I was considering a tuckable holster but I'm afraid of having the hoops show around my belt. If I got "made" carrying I would be fired. I deal with a lot of crazy drunks on a regular basis so I appreciate having a weapon with me.  Even if I did get "made" I doubt my employer could strip search me or anything but I'd don't want them to arouse their suspicions either. Due to the way I frequently sit placing my ankle on my knee, causing my pant legs to ride up, ankle holsters are 100% out.

Wearing my suit jacket 100% of the time is impractical, especially in the summer or when I'm doing desk work.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:15:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope, I have an MTAC with the Velcro clips.
Eta: the Velcro clips sit behind the belt. All you need is to have somewhere that repairs shoes sew a strip of loop backing on the inside of the belt.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:24:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope, I have an MTAC with the Velcro clips.
Eta: the Velcro clips sit behind the belt. All you need is to have somewhere that repairs shoes sew a strip of loop backing on the inside of the belt.
View Quote

Do you have pics of this setup? Very interested.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:37:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is the link to the website http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=78

Here is the best pic I have access to right now.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:40:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Here is the link to the website http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=78

Here is the best pic I have access to right now.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o305/sab308/DSCN3804.jpg
View Quote

That should be perfect, thanks! I carry my G19 IWB in an MTAC and had no idea they made clips like that, or ever considered it as a tuckable holster.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:42:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Glad to help.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:04:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Alot of people get "Made" but they don't even know about it. I've seen several guys wearing tucked in shirts and those clips give it away every time. I just keep my mouth shut and don't tell them I can tell they are carrying. What do I care if they've got a gun on them? I have one (or two) also.....................Sometimes I like to people watch and I'm pretty good at spotting the guys that are carrying.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:08:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I carry AIWB with an RCS V2, nothing shows.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:36:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Alot of people get "Made" but they don't even know about it. I've seen several guys wearing tucked in shirts and those clips give it away every time. I just keep my mouth shut and don't tell them I can tell they are carrying. What do I care if they've got a gun on them? I have one (or two) also.....................Sometimes I like to people watch and I'm pretty good at spotting the guys that are carrying.
View Quote

For the most part tuckable IWB isn't to prevent people who know about CCW from detecting you...it's mostly about "protecting" the fragile psychs of "sheep" who might totally freak out if someone were to be carrying a gun in their midst and penetrate that sheep-like state of happiness.

Which reminds me I may need to start investigating tuckable CCW options...they may be introducing a dress code around here, which would suck Not even sure I have something that could be tucked and not print like a mofo; I know my 1911 would...
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:45:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Nope. 2+ years before the new HR guy put "no guns" in the new employee manual. Didn't change my behavior, no one said anything.

My new job now has me going through MD every night.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:53:50 AM EDT
[#10]
CompTac also has the C Clips for the MTAC - they go behind, on top of, and below your belt so it is less visible.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:05:20 AM EDT
[#11]
A cellphone case could probably be used to cover the holster's clips or make them look less suspicious.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:09:07 AM EDT
[#12]
If you saw someone with them on their belt would you have a pretty good idea what they were? There's your answer.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:16:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:21:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A cellphone case could probably be used to cover the holster's clips or make them look less suspicious.
View Quote

As retarded as I think it looks to have a belt phone, this is a good option in the workplace.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:49:32 AM EDT
[#15]
I was at a gas station on I44 in Oklahoma when I noticed the guy in front of me had two Glock 26 mags in a holder on the left side of his belt.  I didn't see a pistol in a holster, so I asked him what kind of tuck-able holster he was using.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:51:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm sick of pocket carrying at work. I wear suits. The pant material is thin and even a P3AT in a pocket holster feels like a bulky uncomfortable POS. I have all my suits tailored and have my carry pocket double lined but it still isn't good enough. Plus it would be really nice to have both pockets available.

At minimum I prefer to carry a Kahr PM9. I was considering a tuckable holster but I'm afraid of having the hoops show around my belt. If I got "made" carrying I would be fired. I deal with a lot of crazy drunks on a regular basis so I appreciate having a weapon with me.  Even if I did get "made" I doubt my employer could strip search me or anything but I'd don't want them to arouse their suspicions either. Due to the way I frequently sit placing my ankle on my knee, causing my pant legs to ride up, ankle holsters are 100% out.

Wearing my suit jacket 100% of the time is impractical, especially in the summer or when I'm doing desk work.
View Quote

You are going to need to add an inch to the waistline of your tailored suits.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top