Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2013 8:02:18 PM EDT
It was only $600 million. Lets scrap it and build a new one

http://nypost.com/2013/10/27/obamacare-website-might-have-to-be-rebuilt/

The chairman of the House Intelligence Committee said Obamacare’s Web site, already a tangled mess, might need to be rebuilt from scratch to to protect against cyber-thieves because he fears it’s not a safe place right now for health-care consumers to deposit their personal information.

“ I know that they’ve called in another private entity to try to help with the security of it. The problem is, they may have to redesign the entire system,” Rep. Mike Rogers said on Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” political talk show. “The way the system is designed, it is not secure.”

Returning to questions he raised last week at a chaotic oversight hearing on Obamacare, Rogers said healthcare.gov could be vulnerable to cyber-mischief because of a potentially leaky data-sharing arrangement between the seven federal agencies that manage different parts of Obamacare.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:04:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I sure hope someone follows the fucking money on this.

Remember Solyndra (sp) and any number of other direct payoffs?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:06:02 PM EDT
[#2]
A cluster fuck you say?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Working flawlessly!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#4]
How about we scrap obamacare.  Then we scrap congress.  Then the president.  Then we take our $6xx million in tax dollars back...
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How about we scrap obamacare.  Then we scrap congress.  Then the president.  Then we take our $6xx million in tax dollars back...
View Quote

In

ETA: Perfect for your post 666
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:14:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Rebuilt? But Obummer said it was just a glitch.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:15:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote

owner of the software company was a college classmate of Michelle and on some equality board Michelle sat on as well.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:15:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Why haven't the Dems subpeonaed GW Bush to testify before congress so they can demand answers on how he screwed up Obamacare!  Everyone knows this is Bush's fault!

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:16:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm just glad the name "ObamaCare" has stuck.

The clusterfuck of O'Care will carry that shitstain's name right into the ground.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:20:05 PM EDT
[#11]
not one GOP voted for obumercare....   come election  it's see ya liberals
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:25:54 PM EDT
[#12]
might need to be rebuilt from scratch to to protect against cyber-thieves because he fears it’s not a safe place right now for health-care consumers to deposit their personal information
View Quote

“The way the system is designed, it is not secure.”
View Quote

And yet the administration is STILL urging people to sign up - which requires divulging personal information.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:29:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:31:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks Romney.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:34:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Nobody is more upset about this than I am.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:35:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Hopefully it will need rebuilt once per year. The Fed can just make it rain enough to pay for it.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:39:15 PM EDT
[#17]
As someone that supports the servers under a very transactional website for a Fortune itty bitty, I see no way they will be able to meet the Presidents demand/promise.

What dat SDLC do lol?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Just wait until the 20-something year olds don't sign up for this pile...that's when the shit will really hit the fan.  The plan relies on a lot of healthy people under 34 years of age to sign up or else the system goes bankrupt.  Most 25 year olds are so clueless to current on-goings they will probably just get a letter in the mail stating they owe a fine and their reaction will be
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:42:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I'll make it run twice as well for half the money.

Where's my contract?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:44:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'll make it run twice as well for half the money.

Where's my contract?
View Quote

Which Obama did you go to Highschool college and/or Dictators Anonymous with?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:45:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I hope Michelle Obama's friend returns the money.

She didn't earn it. Website is a failure, they should pay the money back.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:46:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I hope Michelle Obama's friend returns the money.

She didn't earn it. Website is a failure, they should pay the money back.
View Quote

Don't worry, I'm sure she will do the right thing
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:56:38 PM EDT
[#23]
And that $600+ million went to one of hillary's princeton classmates from the black caucus group to build this shitty website
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:57:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It was only $600 million. Lets scrap it and build a new one

View Quote

That's exactly what they had to do with the Canadian gun registry.

Which this same company built, I might add.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Its just a glitch!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:10:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
And that $600+ million went to one of hillary's Michelle Obama's princeton classmates from the black caucus group to build this shitty website
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:29:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

You mean like this:

1.  U.S. Citizens.
2.  U.S. Treasury.
3.  No bid contract* awarded to web "design" company owned by former Princeton classmate of Michelle Obama.
4.  ??? (as in WTF?).
5.  Profit...but not for you nor I.

*  In all fairness, their "cut" of the >$600M was only $93M...so they're only 15% or so at fault.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:48:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The clusterfuck of O'Care will carry that shitstain's name right into the ground.
View Quote

Amen brother.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:04:41 AM EDT
[#29]
What a clusterfuck.

Obama is BY FAR the worst president in my lifetime.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:09:13 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote
You are smoking some good shit

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:15:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point...........Cruz tried to defund it and he was trashed and made to look like Satan.

The average American voter showed their true colors in that scenario and their true colors are FUCKED UP.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:29:30 AM EDT
[#32]
....but thats when the whores come to town!!!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:34:26 AM EDT
[#33]
OMG.

Here is my shocked face.

Let's see there is a word for it....Boondoggle.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:38:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Good point...........Cruz tried to defund it and he was trashed and made to look like Satan.

The average American voter showed their true colors in that scenario and their true colors are FUCKED UP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some smart person on e wrote that once a democracy's voters realize they can vote themselves money from the treasury the democracy is doomed.
And that the average lifetime of a democracy was about 250 years....

We will continue to vote retards into office as long as the voters are stupid and greedy. Everyone smart enough knows the whole thing is broken and failing, they just need enough time and advertising funds to vote themselves rich and powerful then get out before the ball drops and your left standing over the corpse..

Lets hope it goes another way...
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:42:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Under any previous administration, someone would have been in handcuffs by now for fraud against the government.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:23:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Reminds me of a  quote from the movie "Contact".

First rule in government spending: why build one when you can have two at twice the price? Only, this one can be kept secret. Controlled by Americans, built by the Japanese subcontractors. Who, also, happen to be, recently acquired, wholly-owned subsidiaries...
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:54:24 AM EDT
[#37]
LOL.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:57:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

In

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In

Sure is
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:04:31 AM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:05:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
... between the seven federal agencies that manage different parts of Obamacare.
View Quote

That's the part that is most telling about this whole mess.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:07:19 AM EDT
[#41]
If I were a conspiracy theorists I might conclude that the website was designed to fail. Every single insurance company who wants to sell a product on the exchange has spent millions (probably tens to hundreds of millions) to configure their own data feeds to interact with the Federal exchange. If we agree that Obamacare was a stepping stone to single payer there is no better way than to bankrupt the insurance companies.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:19:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't worry, Krispy Kreme will save us in 2016.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:27:00 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

As someone that supports the servers under a very transactional website for a Fortune itty bitty, I see no way they will be able to meet the Presidents demand/promise.

What dat SDLC do lol?
View Quote

Methodology is for wimps.  Who needs a system design?  Just throw it against the wall, and see what sticks.  

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:32:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Don't worry, Krispy Kreme will save us in 2016.

View Quote

Nah, the average American voter thinks he is even too conservative.

That's how bad things are IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:45:48 AM EDT
[#45]
I heard the bitch Granholm say that if Obama has to go and oversee the writing of
the code for the website, he would go on and supervise it. (Something like that)

I about fell out of my chair laughing.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:53:06 AM EDT
[#46]
That site cost less than half of what it costs to maintain Obama for a year.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:58:52 AM EDT
[#47]
They called John McAfee and asked him what he would do.  He told them straight up its garbage and start from scratch.  Live interview from Alex Jones is on infowars and other places.  Yes I know infowars....however a live filmed interview is a live filmed interview.

first 10 mins has the jist of it.  Sorry if its posted already
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:45:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If I were a conspiracy theorists I might conclude that the website was designed to fail. Every single insurance company who wants to sell a product on the exchange has spent millions (probably tens to hundreds of millions) to configure their own data feeds to interact with the Federal exchange. If we agree that Obamacare was a stepping stone to single payer there is no better way than to bankrupt the insurance companies.
View Quote

If breaking the insurance companies was the intent of the site then the best course of action would be to make it work seamlessly.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:52:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

If breaking the insurance companies was the intent of the site then the best course of action would be to make it work seamlessly.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was always the possibility of enough young healthy people signing up for the insurance companies to break even after taking on those with preexisting conditions.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:25:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

The media has already started calling it the Affordable Care Act instead of Obama Care. Can’t have the Kings name on anything fuck up.

Of course this is all due to those evil Republicans!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top