Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/27/2013 6:29:41 PM EDT
You're no friend to the pro-gun community.

If you never planned to openly carry a weapon then you have no say to bitch. I'm not talking about the one time during hunting or arf-shoot where you got enough sand out of your vaginas to bravely sport you uncle mike holster outside your sweat/dirt stained XXXXL mumu.

You either support the right to carry a firearm in any manner or you don't. Don't piss all over my back and tell me it's raining.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:30:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Well said
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:31:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:33:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I sure as hell support the right. I am circumspect about the practice.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:33:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:34:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is to Arizona and every other state that has constitutional carry!
Carry it any way you want!
I have no use for those who don't understand open carry!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

What's the point then? I mean CA arfers bitch about losing the ability to open carry EMPTY weapons, something they never did nor ever planned to do. Meanwhile, the group did bring attention to OC. Granted it didn't go anywhere but people are aware now and that's always the first step.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:41:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What's the point then? I mean CA arfers bitch about losing the ability to open carry EMPTY weapons, something they never did nor ever planned to do. Meanwhile, the group did bring attention to OC. Granted it didn't go anywhere but people are aware now and that's always the first step.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh it did most definitely go somewhere.  It went the wrong way.  
Time and place.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#9]
so not liking open carry now makes you a liberal? interdasting. I fully support open carry but I still much prefer my concealed carry.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Most of the folks I know who want to open carry are attention whores who just want to make sure that everywhere they go, everyone can see how awesome they are because they have a gun on their hip. If you need the ego trip... fine... but don't tell the rest of us that if we don't support your behavior, we don't support carry.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Right, yes. But "just because you can doesn't mean you should" applies.

I OC any time I'm hiking. But there's attention whores here who literally walk back and forth past cops till they get "harassed", then start screeching about nazis while two people get video to put on their "free stater" youtube.

Does anyone think that helps the cause of gun owners as reasonable, responsible people?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Would that I were allowed to...
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:54:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I OC any time I'm hiking. But there's attention whores here who literally walk back and forth past cops till they get "harassed", then start screeching about nazis while two people get video to put on their "free stater" youtube.

Does anyone think that helps the cause of gun owners as reasonable, responsible people?
View Quote

well put.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:55:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I only hate open carry specifically for attention, that's it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:57:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Why do so many people think that if anyone disagrees with them that it makes the other person a liberal?

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:59:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Why do so many people think that if anyone disagrees with them that it makes the other person a liberal?

View Quote

cause they're fucking LIBERALS!!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Name calling is the easiest way to avoid an argument.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:01:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

who knows, liberals think anyone who disagrees with them is a whale murdering, forest burning, seal clubbing rich white, clinging to their guns and religion asshole, seems to be the way of the world nowadays

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:03:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I support the right to open carry.

Rights carry responsibilities.

Walking into a Walmart OCing an AR with a video camera is exercising a right, but is it exactly the best way to do it?

Or OCing in a Bed, Bath and Beyond store.  Not the best idea unless you really want to freak out soccer moms.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:04:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Here is to Arizona and every other state that has constitutional carry!
Carry it any way you want!
I have no use for those who don't understand open carry!
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:04:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

So would you approve of a law banning OC and if no why not?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Time and place.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Time and place.

what, pray tell, was the "right way?" Considering no one was doing anything. Status quo kinda guy, huh?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Because they are know it alls.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:06:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where did you get such a stupid notion?  You some kind of liberal, or something?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:08:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

The same applies to everything else. There are so many idiots with guns every day that I would ban guns except to the highly trained. Luckily, who I trust has no bearing on who can carry so everyone may. That's the wah it should be, in spite of my personal feelings
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:08:57 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

If you never planned to openly carry a weapon then you have no say to bitch. I'm not talking about the one time during hunting or arf-shoot where you got enough sand out of your vaginas to bravely sport you uncle mike holster outside your sweat/dirt stained XXXXL mumu.

You either support the right to carry a firearm in any manner or you don't. Don't piss all over my back and tell me it's raining.
View Quote

No surprised your self absorbed self can't see past their own delusions.  That's the problem with all the people that open carry and do so in a way to intentionally piss off the public.  There is more general public than open carry people.  That public votes and their votes count just as much as people that open carry.  When the self absorbed open carry idiots, carry in a way to intentionally piss of the public, then that public elects more anti-gun legislators who then pass more anti-gun laws.  

"no friend of the pro-gun community" would be any of the people whose actions prompt legislators to pass more gun control.  Like the open carry idiots in California.  They got unloaded open carry banned in an entire state but yet you consider them friends of the pro-gun community.  It is that level of messed up self absorbed thinking that causes problems for you.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean it won't piss off the public.  When the public is pissed off they vote to change things.  It doesn't matter if "it's my right" they can still make laws that will put in you jail for exercising it.  But apparently you think that will be an amazing level of freedom when that happens.  

Claiming you either support it or you don't ignores the entire concept of "how you act" while doing it.  Like the jackass that was finger fucking his AR15 in Starbucks.  He is a fucking idiot and he does our side no good.  Sure I support him carrying a gun but I don't support him acting like an idiot.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't hate open carry, in fact I support it but I don't think it is "tactically" sound.

That being said, I doubt anyone can give me a logical argument as to why I should chose open carry over concealed.

ETA: I suppose it boils down to your reasons for carrying a gun. Some people carry to raise awareness about the second amendment while some carry to protect themselves and their families.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:10:51 PM EDT
[#30]
I wouldn't say I am a closet liberal, but I don't believe open carry does "our side" one bit of good. I also believe it has no advantage over concealed carry. I'll take the advantage of surprise thank you.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:11:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because they're insecure idiots??????
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#32]

Here we go
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:13:21 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote
I support the right, but would never open carry as I don't see the point to it unless I am hunting or fishing. I blame the Crossbreed supertuck I bought 2 years ago though..

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:14:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Here we go
View Quote

yep
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:14:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No surprised your self absorbed self can't see past their own delusions.  That's the problem with all the people that open carry and do so in a way to intentionally piss off the public.  There is more general public than open carry people.  That public votes and their votes count just as much as people that open carry.  When the self absorbed open carry idiots, carry in a way to intentionally piss of the public, then that public elects more anti-gun legislators who then pass more anti-gun laws.  

"no friend of the pro-gun community" would be any of the people whose actions prompt legislators to pass more gun control.  Like the open carry idiots in California.  They got unloaded open carry banned in an entire state but yet you consider them friends of the pro-gun community.  It is that level of messed up self absorbed thinking that causes problems for you.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean it won't piss off the public.  When the public is pissed off they vote to change things.  It doesn't matter if "it's my right" they can still make laws that will put in you jail for exercising it.  But apparently you think that will be an amazing level of freedom when that happens.  

Claiming you either support it or you don't ignores the entire concept of "how you act" while doing it.  Like the jackass that was finger fucking his AR15 in Starbucks.  He is a fucking idiot and he does our side no good.  Sure I support him carrying a gun but I don't support him acting like an idiot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are people who open carry while hiking, or who open carry in a way that does not alarm the public. As I've pointed out, someone wearing khakis and a neat polo shirt with well-groomed hair and a low-profile holster on a belt is most likely going to be ignored. Even the most panicky soccermoms are likely to assume that they're some sort of cop or detective because they look neat and competent, and that sort of misinterpretation is harmless.

But the sort who have done it here for attention? Wild-eyed, messy, stringy hair, out of control beards, sloppy clothing including loud political statement shirts and oversized handguns in drop-legs or a rifle on their back?

What does that do to the public perception among the larger public that votes, and how will it affect their voting?

It's all about making a good impression. Didn't everyone's parents tell them that?

(ETA: "Here" being in this state, with some attention-seeking sorts that have called attention to OC where OC was never an issue in the entire history of forever.)
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
what, pray tell, was the "right way?" Considering no one was doing anything. Status quo kinda guy, huh?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[Oh it did most definitely go somewhere.  It went the wrong way.  
Time and place.

The right way is gaining rights, not losing them.  So I am a "not losing rights" kind of guy.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:15:15 PM EDT
[#37]
When did you stop beating your wife?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Walking into a Walmart OCing an AR with a video camera is exercising a right, but is it exactly the best way to do it?

Or OCing in a Bed, Bath and Beyond store.  Not the best idea unless you really want to freak out soccer moms.
View Quote

I OCed at a Bed Bath and Beyond store once. No one cared. I bought a lamp and flirted with the cute check-out lady. True story.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Luchs and Swire said it better than I can,  too bad no one will read  what they wrote..
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:19:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Has the train gone over the cliff yet or is it just starting to jump the rails?

<---Grabs popcorn.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:20:16 PM EDT
[#41]
I love the antics of the OC counterfeit patriots.

They need more pepper spray, though.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Liberals are anti-gun. Hating OC is anti-gun. Hating OC makes you liberal.

Calling someone a liberal is the equivalent of calling someone a poo-poo head around here, but in this case, it is quite the appropriate term.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:20:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I witnessed this yesterday actually. A friend and I were in a store when in walks Joe Cool. Now Joe is wearing an affliction button down, sparkly jeans and piercing/tattoos galore. He's also proudly wearing his blinged out 1911 (looked like a Taurus) in a Serpa holster. As he talks to the clerk he makes sure he stands sideways to show it off to him along with everyone else in the store (7 or 8 people). As he paraded around the store picking up products with both hands he paid no attention to other customers who literally walked up beside him and could have unholstered it with no issue. After walking around for about 10 minutes he leaves and we see him go into the next store. It was obvious that he was just going from store to store looking for attention.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:21:42 PM EDT
[#44]
This is why you shouldnt have a problem with OC:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overton_window

the correct answer is not to slink around.  The easiest way to make taboo things no longer taboo is to do them, frequently and in public...ask gay people.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:22:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

drawing attention to our "legal right" sure worked well...

you can mow your lawn AFTER 7am.... start contacting the media and getting as many others as you can to do the same and see how it ends...
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#46]
I (generally) don't like the messenger.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:22:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I OCed at a Bed Bath and Beyond store once. No one cared. I bought a lamp and flirted with the cute check-out lady. True story.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then the evidence suggests that you're not a scary retard.  The same cannot be said of everyone.

There's a right way and a wrong way.  If you open carrying prompts questions and friendly conversation, that is good.  If you open carrying results in confrontations and people getting freaked out and pissy then it's time to back off for a while or pick a different establishment.  

In my humble opinion.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Has the train gone over the cliff yet or is it just starting to jump the rails?

<---Grabs popcorn.
View Quote

it just did.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:23:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Calling someone a liberal is the equivalent of calling someone a poo-poo head around here, but in this case, it is quite the appropriate term.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't believe OC is wrong or should be illegal....I do think it has the potential to hurt our cause more than help it in some circumstances.

I mean if I went around exposing myself to the children of antis....it would be for a good cause....just a tactic that could be counterproductive
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:26:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top