Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2013 5:53:57 PM EDT
I have an old Iphone 4s.  I have heard of sites that buy them.  Any idea what service is safe and offers good money?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:02:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have an old Iphone 4s.  I have heard of sites that buy them.  Any idea what service is safe and offers good money?
View Quote

I have always done well getting rid of my old phones on Ebay

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:02:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I just used Swappa to buy a lightly used S4, worked great.  You can see other people's ads and the pricing trends, so you can price it right.  For the seller, Swappa took $10 out of the price, plus Paypal takes their cut too.  Swappa checks the phones for good EIN before you can list it.  Unfortunately they don't seem to cover disputes themselves, it goes through Paypal I guess.  There is a reputation system but since the average person doesn't sell phones every day, it's not too robust at the moment.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:02:39 PM EDT
[#3]
You can probably get the same amount or more if you list it on craigslist.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:02:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Ebay, you'll get more.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:12:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I sold a bunch of phones to Gazelle. Smooth process.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:13:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't do Iphone but my buddy does.
He has sold several to Gazelle with very good results.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I personally have no experience selling old phones but noticed there was a small kiosk box at the mall the other day that payed you for cell phones. Something like a wide ATM that you put your phone into and it paid you money. I thought it was a weird concept.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:25:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ebay, you'll get more.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top