Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2013 4:38:01 PM EDT
I work around lumber all day and have been using these gloves but they only last about 2 weeks tops before the fingers start wearing holes. I would like some that I can wear all day as the current ones are kind of bulky and I continuously have to take them on and off to be able to write. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Dyneema Uppercut w/ coated palms is what I use.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:56:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I've seen those but I was unsure of the durability. I'll pick some up and try them out. Thanks for the suggestion
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#3]
real good luck with dear skin gloves.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to buy these at Home Depot but they stopped carrying them.

CLC
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#5]
The gloves you use now are what I wore when I worked in concert and lumber.

Try the following Palm & Finger Coated Gloves

They won't last necessarily longer then what you have now, but they just might.  I prefer the dexterity of the coated palms.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:04:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Atlas Fit gloves will make your hands smell like shit after awhile. Use them temporarily until you can secure a real pair.

Try going to Home Depot or Lowes, they have pigskin gloves for about $8. Buy them one size too small, tough the tightness out for a few days, and you will have a great set of mits that will breath, won't stink, protect you and last a long time. They are also thin enough to pick up small items or to write if needed. Best I have found, and they are cheap. Cowhide is way too thick, and expensive mechanix gloves and their clones only get lost and are over rated.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:05:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
real good luck with dear skin gloves.
View Quote

Puts the lotion in it's skin?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:06:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Callouses.......

Just kidding, splinters suck ass, especially under the fingernails, if I was flipping boards all day I would wear a pair of uninsulated deer skin gloves, they are handy enough for when I need them and seem to hold up fairly well.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:08:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I use these at work. They last about 3-4 weeks. I buy a 12 pack at a time. Cheap and work great. I wear them the whole day without taking them off.

http://www.codale.com/index.jsp?path=product&part=3424679&ds=dept&process=search&qdx=0&text=glove
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I use these at work. They last about 3-4 weeks. I buy a 12 pack at a time. Cheap and work great. I wear them the whole day without taking them off.

http://www.codale.com/index.jsp?path=product&part=3424679&ds=dept&process=search&qdx=0&text=glove
View Quote

I love those for doing bricks all day, but they make my hands sweat like crazy.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:11:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Try a pair of Hyflex gloves.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really? they are super breathable. I have no problems with them at all. Maybe your just a sweaty guy.....
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Really? they are super breathable. I have no problems with them at all. Maybe your just a sweaty guy.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the truth too. My feet and hands sweat so bad it isn't even funny, part of the reason I don't wear gloves most of the time. I am not that sterotypical sweaty guy either, just my feet and hands.

Every day after work, even if it is 30 degrees out, my socks are so wet that I can wring them out. On cold days and concrete pouring days I have to take changes of socks just to stay comfortable.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:36:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That's the truth too. My feet and hands sweat so bad it isn't even funny, part of the reason I don't wear gloves most of the time. I am not that sterotypical sweaty guy either, just my feet and hands.

Every day after work, even if it is 30 degrees out, my socks are so wet that I can wring them out. On cold days and concrete pouring days I have to take changes of socks just to stay comfortable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wow thats crazy. I could dig with a shovel all day in the summer with these gloves on without them getting sweaty.(done it many times)  My back will be soaked though.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#15]
True story.

One time at hunting camp I forgot to pack gloves, my grandpa loaned me a pair of his. I was only about 16 at the time. I wore them through the whole sit and then put them on the counter when I got back.

Grandpa picked them up and put one on and said "Dear god boy, did you fall in the creek?" I told him that it was just sweat from my hands. The only glove I take hunting now are plain old wool gloves, just to keep the weather off my fingers and to prevent the cold metal on the gun from sticking to my skin. I gave up on actual gloves years ago and just use my pockets for hunting.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
True story.

One time at hunting camp I forgot to pack gloves, my grandpa loaned me a pair of his. I was only about 16 at the time. I wore them through the whole sit and then put them on the counter when I got back.

Grandpa picked them up and put one on and said "Dear god boy, did you fall in the creek?" I told him that it was just sweat from my hands. The only glove I take hunting now are plain old wool gloves, just to keep the weather off my fingers and to prevent the cold metal on the gun from sticking to my skin. I gave up on actual gloves years ago and just use my pockets for hunting.
View Quote

Sitting in a blind or stand is far different then working in a lumber yard etc.

A good pair of gloves that are applicable to the task at hand will mean the difference
in a productive day and little hand/finger fatigue or an unproductive day and bleeding blisters.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:36:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

have those at work... now true i dont wear them all day every day or anything... but since i started this job a year ago i lost most of my major calluses so every time i do anything "rough on the hands" ive worn them... im still on my original pair...

when i worked with sheet metal a lot i wore these for doing fabrication and these for doing demo work since they had better protection on the back of the hand

going from "granddads garage gloves" to gloves you can feel things with tends to make people drag their fingers on stuff so whatever you get dont give up on them if you wear out one pair quickly... thats the learing pair... the second pair will be the real test
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:24:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:33:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I use Kunz. They hold up well to framing/climbing poles, working steel and cleaning used/broken material out of the truck. I usually get a new pair because they get funky, rather than worn out. You won't be picking up dimes in them though. They can be found in any linework store. About $30.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:05:37 PM EDT
[#20]
I really like my pair of Ironclad Ranchworx. I dont use them hard or wear them everyday but they're still holding up 6+ years later.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:36:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm lucky enough to have company supplied gloves.

I dunno if these will work but I love the machanix products.

http://www.mechanix.com/hardware
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:53:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone have these?  Mechanix CG Full Leather Glove

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:44:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Depends on the work.  

When getting a massage, I prefer the white gloves...

Ohh, wait.....
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:46:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Love glove. I use Durex
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:53:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Carhartts and goatskin gloves have held up pretty well, but to be honest, there are two types of work that I've found that tear up gloves in short order: masonary work and working with timber.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top