Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2013 4:36:14 PM EDT
Long story short, I piece of enamel has come off one of my bottom front teeth. It does not hurt, but is slightly sensitive. I think the pulp is exposed and I see a black spec in my tooth.

My questions are:

What can I do to help the situation until Thursday?  I am out of town right now for a big business meeting and can see someone Thursday.

What treatment might be required and how much might it cost?

What could the black spec be?

I do not smoke and brush minimum 2 times a day and use mouthwash.

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:37:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Long story short, I piece of enamel has come off one of my bottom front teeth. It does not hurt, but is slightly sensitive. I think the pulp is exposed and I see a black spec in my tooth.

My questions are:

What can I do to help the situation until Thursday?  I am out of town right now for a big business meeting and can see someone Thursday.

Thanks for any help.
View Quote

You can try some dental wax to cover the area. If there was pain I would say that the black spec is the exposed nerve.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:37:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Also, I ate dinner and brushed my teeth and it did not hurt at all.  I find that odd.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You can try some dental wax to cover the area. If there was pain I would say that the black spec is the exposed nerve.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My questions are:

Thanks for any help.

Thanks. I assume I can get that at Walgreens?

It could be the nerve.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:56:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this something I need fixed ASAP or can it wait a few days?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:00:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you aspirated any black fluid sprayed from a small metal cylinder that you found in a South African shanty town?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:01:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Have you aspirated any black fluid sprayed from a small metal cylinder that you found in a South African shanty town?
View Quote

Negative. Fuck prawns.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:19:34 PM EDT
[#7]
They sell a temporary filling stuff at drug stores/Wal-Mart.  Make sure you clean the cavity really good because any little pieces of the tooth that get pressed against that nerve will hurt like hell and you might not know you did that for a few hours after you've filled the tooth.

If you fuck up the filling, use chicklets or dubble bubble or your preferred hard to chew gum product to remove it and try again.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top