Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2013 4:05:12 PM EDT
Before you tell me to sell this thing and buy a Ruger, I'll just say that's what I'd do if it were mine. It's finicky and I find the trigger to be heavy and inconsistent. The FCG is actually what I'm trying to figure out.

The last time we took it out to the range, it couldn't be fired. With the gun loaded, mag seated, and safety off, no amount of pressure on the trigger would release the hammer. My friend asked that I take it apart and see if I can figure it out.

Here's what I'm seeing:

The metal piece highlighted rotates back as the trigger is pulled. I find that if I manually push it back, then pull the trigger, the hammer will fall. Otherwise, nothing happens.

How should I proceed?

ETA: To eliminate some confusion, allow me to specify that this is NOT a P22. This is a SP22 M1.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:13:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Warranty?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:17:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Warranty?
View Quote

My brother's PPKs shed parts at his CCW class and my P22 only feeds sporadically. I believe your issue is the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:18:54 PM EDT
[#3]
The front fell off.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:23:55 PM EDT
[#4]
sell that thing and buy a Browning
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:24:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for posting this, I was going  to pick up a pink one as a gift for my step daughter later this week.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:39:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I was less than impressed shooting my buddies P22.  Sell it and buy anything else.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

sell that thing and buy a Browning Ruger 22/45

View Quote

ETA: The PK380/P22/SP22 arent real Walthers..

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:43:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought one at a shop that wouldn't let me dry fire. It had a 12 lb trigger from the factory. I sent it back and it came back with an 8 lb trigger. I sold that bitch and never looked back. What a shitty pistol!

I bought a Ruger MKIII  to go with my MKII.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was less than impressed shooting my buddies P22.  Sell it and buy anything else.
View Quote

Different gun.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:58:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Different gun.

http://www.shootingillustrated.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/GN_SAH_Walther_SP22_M1-354x200.jpg
If I am correct, they are both made by umarex...

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's more pics.

There are no broken parts, but something is apparently bent or out of alignment.

The firing pin safety is what I was pushing to allow the hammer to drop. The same applies with the grip removed.

The firing pin safety seems to move freely, with a bit of resistance from the spring that returns it. My best guess is that there is some binding in the contact surface between the trigger bar and the firing pin safety.

I could make this gun suck a whole lot less by simply removing the firing pin safety and the "magazine safety," but that's not really my decision to make.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:49:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Could just as easily be the mag safety not deactivating properly. I'd send it in for repair then sell it and buy a more traditional & reliable gun like the aforementioned 22/45 (my personal favorite).
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:00:43 PM EDT
[#13]
This damn thing isn't even listed with Midway or Numrich. How the hell do you get parts for it?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:08:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Different gun.

http://www.shootingillustrated.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/GN_SAH_Walther_SP22_M1-354x200.jpg

Either way, I'm not really impressed by what I'm seeing.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:41:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Different gun.

Honestly, the only umarex gun I have messed with that feels somewhat decent, is the .22 MP5 clone. I still have one P22, but the only reason I still own it is because it was the first gun my son ever shot..

Contact S&W customer service, they are normally pretty good at making things right, after that, either keep it or sell it for a better .22..

I am a huge Walther fan, but these guns are not worthy of the name...

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Contact S&W customer service, they are normally pretty good at making things right, after that, either keep it or sell it for a better .22..

View Quote

S&W, or Walther? I have no idea how old this thing is, and my friend bought it used. Do you think either company would repair it?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:46:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
S&W, or Walther? I have no idea how old this thing is, and my friend bought it used. Do you think either company would repair it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

S&W is the current US importer and distributor of Walther, they have been for the last 10 years or so.

They should be able to help you out.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:53:22 PM EDT
[#18]
My SP22 M1 did the same thing, and was resolved by a thorough cleaning of the area around the firing pin safety.  All in all, I wish I had kept my S&W 22a instead.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:30:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I "fixed" it, and I think I have my friend talked into selling it to fund a Ruger.

I backed out the over travel adjustment screw a little bit making it possible to pull the trigger harder.

Now that I've had it apart, I can now feel each of the individual bits doing their thing.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:16:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
S&W is the current US importer and distributor of Walther, they have been for the last 10 years or so.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

S&W and Walther broke up. Walther said "It's not you, it's me."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top