Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 10/27/2013 2:17:18 PM EDT
I read back several pages through GD and could not find this posted but sorry if its a dupe.

Apparently this nut job approached a man washing his car at one of those DIY car washes.  He told the guy to call the cops and tell them that he would be waiting for them.  

Cops show up and he ambushes them.  Wounds two APD officers, steals one of the cruisers and leads about 40 officers on a 4 mile chase through town, so he has a rolling gun battle.  It is absolutely amazing not a single bystander was hit.   As a Sheriff's Deputywas putting out a spike strip she took a round and then the chase is finally stopped after stolen cruiser is rammed into gas station.  

Gunfight ensues, gunman against 40+ officers at this time.  He manages to wound one more officer before he is taken out and he is well ventilated.  

By the grace of god the officers will all be fine and not one single innocent person was wounded.

It sucks that this guy decided to use an AK47.  I am sure that a lot of attention is going to be placed on Albuquerque and its great non-infringing gun rights.  I think I am going to go buy an AK right now.  
News Story

ETA: Shit in this thread at your own peril...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:26:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I read back several pages through GD and could not find this posted but sorry if its a dupe.

Apparently this nut job approached a man washing his car at one of those DIY car washes.  He told the guy to call the cops and tell them that he would be waiting for them.  

Cops show up and he ambushes them.  Wounds two APD officers, steals one of the cruisers and leads about 40 officers on a 4 mile chase through town, so he has a rolling gun battle.  It is absolutely amazing not a single bystander was hit.   As a Sheriff's Deputywas putting out a spike strip and she took a round and then the chase if finally stopped after stolen cruiser is rammed into gas station.  

Gunfight ensues, gunman against 40+ officers at this time.  He manages to wound one more officer before he is taken out and he is well ventilated.  

By the grace of god the officers will all be fine and not one single innocent person was wounded.

It sucks that this guy decided to use an AK47.  I am sure that a lot of attention is going to be placed on Albuquerque and its great non-infringing gun rights.  I think I am going to go buy an AK right now.  
News Story
View Quote

Was waiting for prices to recover more....hate the possible new "norm" we are looking at.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:27:57 PM EDT
[#2]
doesn't matter he used an Ak. The AR-15 will be villified
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Curious as to his motives.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:30:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Christoval Quintana, 30, of Lovington, N.M., was on federal probation after serving 10 years in prison for the armed robbery of an Albuquerque bank.
View Quote
Hispanic felon doesn't fit the demographics.
Nevermind, apparently a different shootout with police?http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s3198220.shtml#.Um2UXFOyRyX

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm glad the po-po's made it home safe.... oh wait. They didn't. Some were shot protecting the innocent.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:35:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad none were killed.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:35:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hispanic felon doesn't fit the demographics.Nevermind, apparently a different shootout with police?http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s3198220.shtml#.Um2UXFOyRyX

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Christoval Quintana, 30, of Lovington, N.M., was on federal probation after serving 10 years in prison for the armed robbery of an Albuquerque bank.
Hispanic felon doesn't fit the demographics.
Nevermind, apparently a different shootout with police?http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s3198220.shtml#.Um2UXFOyRyX

Yeah we have had two incidents back to back.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:37:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

He may just be a violent psycho nutjob.  They're out there and I've encountered a few... Luckily none quite so dedicated to the cause as this guy.  Some people's motivations are so skewed as to present no real motive at all.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:38:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm glad the po-po's made it home safe.... oh wait. They didn't. Some were shot protecting the innocent.
View Quote

Are you just trying to be funny or do you really think it's cool when cops get shot in the line of duty?????
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Glad none were killed.
View Quote

Good thing it was a AK couldn't hit shit
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:40:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The asshole is dead but there is still a swat situation?
View Quote

They found a bunch of strange shit at his house.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:41:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

edit:
No reason to think the police involved had ever done anything wrong.
The guy was targeting police - not the individuals.
Awaiting info to find out why he was targeting police.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you trying to be funny or do you really think it's cool when cops get shot in the line of duty?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:42:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Are you just trying to be funny or do you really think it's cool when cops get shot in the line of duty?????
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He is making a point regarding all the assholes who tend to post "At least the cops made it home safe." in every cop thread.

Calm your tits.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I think he is trying to say the rest of us are assholes who take delight in cops being injured  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he is trying to say the rest of us are assholes who take delight in cops being injured  

More specifically, I think he's calling out the anti-police GD contingent that so often use the meme "Well, at least they went home safe" anytime they rip on police doing something that they disagree with.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:43:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
Of course.  Someone has to do it during star trek conventions.....

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:43:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he was trying to use irony to display how we use that saying when the police kill a person that GD has determined to be innocent.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#20]
That sounds right out of Grand Theft Auto.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:46:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Lets be specific - they were shot protecting the (innocent) police.
This guy didn't seem to have any interest in killing non-police innocents.
Awaiting info to find out why he had a grudge against innocent police.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lets be specific - they were shot protecting the (innocent) police.
This guy didn't seem to have any interest in killing non-police innocents.
Awaiting info to find out why he had a grudge against innocent police.

Yeah because initiating a rolling gun battle, vehicle pursuit and shoot out held zero possible harm for innocent non popo population at large.....moron
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:47:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:47:47 PM EDT
[#24]
At least the officers will be okay, and the psycho... well, problem staying solved.

I'm shocked this isn't all over the news yet to be honest.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:49:09 PM EDT
[#25]
What did they find at his house?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:49:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

We've created a society where being famous - or infamous - is as desirable and sought after as winning the lottery.
We also have a society on a rapid downward spiral, spawning (and fueling) the most despicable, soulless, subhuman violent criminals.

Do the math.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:11:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Wtf?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wtf?  
Joke needing an explanation not really a joke and all.... More about those that throw out the "at least they made it home safe" as a slant about LE.....  

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:12:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
What did they find at his house?
View Quote

They havent said yet.  They have been keeping a lid on it for some reason.  

I am very surprised this has not made the national news.  Thats a good thing IMHO.  We don't need a bunch of anti gun la la nuts blaming AK47's for making this guy go crazy.  

This was a very good shoot.  

I dont know wtf is going on lately.  Something in the water.  The last shooting was a few days prior to this.  Then there was one right before that.  There have been several officers shot in the line of duty recently.

Here is one click

Here is the other one.  

click
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:27:38 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Ok  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wtf?  
Joke needing an explanation not really a joke and all.... More about those that throw out the "at least they made it home safe" as a slant about LE.....  

Ok  
While my humor knob goes to "11" it also goes to ""-1" which it seems to be stuck on today.....  Glad no civies or cops were killed in this.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:27:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

My thought exactly.  Despite which side you are on in the "violent video games help create a violent society" crowd, there does seem to be some correlation between  society's acceptance of murdering police officers for fun and the criminal psyche of targeted violent on police.

Also, has Balista been in to inquire whether the receiver was clear plastic or not???

John
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#32]
What if it was an AR chambered in 7.62x39 thst was used?!

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#33]
I'd like to know the rest of the story… Some people can only be pushed so far.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:39:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:40:13 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
My thought exactly.  Despite which side you are on in the "violent video games help create a violent society" crowd, there does seem to be some correlation between  society's acceptance of murdering police officers for fun and the criminal psyche of targeted violent on police.

Also, has Balista been in to inquire whether the receiver was clear plastic or not???

John
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

John
Kids have been acting out the shooting of police officers for decades in a little game called "cops and robbers."

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:43:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

You have the entire story.  There isn't any more.   Sorry.

I'm also amazed this isn't constant CNN coverage.  Maybe it does not fit in with the weekend news cycle?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:44:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Can I just lock you and get this over with Do we really have to keep telling you to stop doing things like implying that a cop killing lunatic at a car wash was " driven to it by the police"?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can I just lock you and get this over with Do we really have to keep telling you to stop doing things like implying that a cop killing lunatic at a car wash was " driven to it by the police"?  

Yeah that's pretty shitty.  Show some respect or gtfo.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:46:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think you have a hair on your penguin balls to do it.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:47:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Kids have been acting out the shooting of police officers for decades in a little game called "cops and robbers."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

John

I have some friends that are PD.  I am going to see if they have any further information.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:53:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

John

No argument from me.  Just seems that the shooters are getting younger and more mainstream to me.

By the way, I was always the cop.  

John
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:04:32 PM EDT
[#41]

Eh...more like 3 star actually.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:06:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
[.......there does seem to be some correlation between  society's acceptance of murdering police officers for fun and the criminal psyche of targeted violent on police.
View Quote

This is the first I have read any such thought that murdering police is acceptable to anyone other than possibly society's scum.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're a joke.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:09:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This is the first I have read any such thought that murdering police is acceptable to anyone other than possibly society's scum.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[.......there does seem to be some correlation between  society's acceptance of murdering police officers for fun and the criminal psyche of targeted violent on police.

Stick around.

I'm genuinely curious about this.  I cannot find any real mention of it in the media. NONE of the news channels are mentioning it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:11:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did not imply anything, you are assuming too much…. This guy was driven to kill and I am curious why… it may be simply a screw was loose in his head or it may be something else.

No one should get shot, a cop or civilian but I should not have to explain myself because I want to know why this guy did what he did.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:14:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's pretty fucked up dude.  Take a fucking hike.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hope you didnt mind throwing $24 out the window..
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#48]
tag
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I'm also amazed this isn't constant CNN coverage.  Maybe it does not fit in with the weekend news cycle?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait a minute...Aren't you one of the guys always claiming there is always more to the story when LE does something GD doesn't approve of ??
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Holy shit! What the fuck is wrong with this town!

It's been nonstop these last two weeks.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top