Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/27/2013 2:05:28 PM EDT
A friend of mine found this in his great-grandfathers stuff and considering selling it to me. What's GD's opinion on its value?

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:06:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Nazi marked wwii?  Sweet
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:07:33 PM EDT
[#2]
600 or thereabouts.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:08:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Nazi Marked?  

<Joe Dirt> Daaaaaanggg</Joe Dirt>

Buy it. Be fair, but don't give away the farm.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:08:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Smack your friend for selling his great grandfathers HiPower.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd agree with $600 or so for the package. Nice set, but a little beat up.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:11:28 PM EDT
[#7]
And I'd give more than 6 bills for it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd agree with $600 or so for the package. Nice set, but a little beat up.
View Quote

I've never seen a Nazi era GP35 that didn't look nearly exactly like that.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:12:31 PM EDT
[#9]
If you do not talk your friend into keeping it then you are no kind of friend.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:13:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I think the HiPower is one of the finest 9mm handguns ever.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:14:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

He's not really a gun guy. He wanted to have it cleaned and restored to new. It would look better in my collection.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:16:07 PM EDT
[#12]
nazzzi hi power.  always kinda rough lookin compared to the belgian ones. cool, though.

I passed one up in similar condition for $650.  YMMV
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:16:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

He's not really a gun guy. He wanted to have it cleaned and restored to new. It would look better in my collection.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good thing you stopped him in time.  Some people
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Do not let him restore it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:19:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Look great after you send it to Novak or C&S for some sights and chrome plating.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:21:37 PM EDT
[#16]
That looks about as original as they come, until some buffoon would "restore" it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:22:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Nazi marked?

Thats racist
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Cool pistol op. $600.00 is a very fair price for what you're showing in the picture. He could easily sell it for more. You should also ask him if he has the army papers that his grandpa filled out to bring it home. That could double it's value.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#19]
In my opinion, that's a really cool fucking gun.

I would jump all over that for $600.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:31:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Has that freshly surface ground look.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:38:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Assuming no fakery, that is a mid-1944 Nazi Hi-Power (fixed sights, no slot, plastic grip, b-marked).  Right now, there is one on Armslist in better shape for $725 w/o accessories and a nice one just a few removed from that sold last year for $875 with a holster.  Given the condition on that one, I'd guess $600-700, though personally I wouldn't be interested in it at that range.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Run, don't walk.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:45:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Mismatched barrel?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Look great after you send it to Novak or C&S for some sights and chrome plating.

View Quote

You shut your whore mouth!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:06:41 PM EDT
[#26]
I always see "I got mine for this, or I wouldn't spend more than XXX.XX on it," but I've never in my life seen any of the deals these guys are talking about. I'm on Skype with an FFL who said he could sell it for 1100 all day long. I've seen them at gunshows for around that price, too.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:09:29 PM EDT
[#27]
I would part with at least 500 for that.        

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:11:36 PM EDT
[#28]
I've already told him I would give him a grand if he decides he wants to part with.  If I get it and I pay a little too much I'm cool with it. The gun is interesting to me.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#29]
I will take it for 700!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Are the mags and holster Nazi marked? If so they are pretty expensive by themselves.
I think the mags are about $100~$150 each if marked.

Most Nazi Hi Powers look rough like that. I'm guessing its a late production.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:36:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I always see "I got mine for this, or I wouldn't spend more than XXX.XX on it," but I've never in my life seen any of the deals these guys are talking about. I'm on Skype with an FFL who said he could sell it for 1100 all day long. I've seen them at gunshows for around that price, too.
View Quote

Could you tell me where his store is? I'd like to sell some guns in his area.

I can say, in my own experience, that Waffenamt marked HP's do not show up infrequently. There have been nicer guns, not total packages, but in nicer shape that have sold on Gunbroker or Guns-International recently for around $650-$800.

If the OP is offering a grand to help out a buddy, then more power to him, but $1k is way too high for this package on the open market.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:37:08 PM EDT
[#32]
I HAD THE SAME GUN with clear Plexi grips and a pin up girl affixed behind them, mine was from a WWII P51 pilot who carried it after being given it by the French resistance after being shot down while making his way back to England.(documented)

THAT IS A 5 DIGIT FN OCCUPATION  P35...when the NAZI's overran Belgium they commandeered the Arms factories...this is a gun produced for the NAZI's, the Waffen SS or other units...these guns were favored by the Luftwaffe pilots, and many favored it over the P38. Captured ones often found their way to American Pilots...low serial number, rough finish and NAZI proof marking makes it a piece of history...that is NOT A RUN OF THE MILL $700 BHP..to a collector its worth 2-3 times that...in that rough shape...

Do not refinish it...it was made that way on purpose, the ruff finish and poor overall finish was indicative or slave labor with the occupied Belgiam obviously were...the barrel has a mismatched serial number but the slide and receiver are correct...[/span][/span]

Don't take my word for it...CONTACT FN DIRECTLY WITH YOUR BACK STORY AND PICTURES...I DID FOR MINE, took about 3-4 months but the Admin Asst to the President of FN sent me a letter for it...it went with to a collector when sold.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:39:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Why are you yelling at me about waffles?

I know they are delicious.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:41:47 PM EDT
[#34]
With the holster, that's an $800+ gun.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:44:33 PM EDT
[#35]
SO I can read it...lost my glasses...
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:47:09 PM EDT
[#36]
offer him 200 bucks
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I can say, in my own experience, that Waffenamt marked HP's do not show up infrequently. There have been nicer guns, not total packages, but in nicer shape that have sold on Gunbroker or Guns-International recently for around $650-$800.

If the OP is offering a grand to help out a buddy, then more power to him, but $1k is way too high for this package on the open market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For shits and giggles I Googled it. Two sold on arms list marked at over 1000. Assuming they were haggled down, something tells me it wasn't haggled down to 650 bucks (like everyone is claiming they see them for "all the time.")
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

For shits and giggles I Googled it. Two sold on arms list marked at over 1000. Assuming they were haggled down, something tells me it wasn't haggled down to 650 bucks (like everyone is claiming they see them for "all the time.")
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My documented FN Occupation BHP sold for $1800 to a collector here in Va...it helped that he was a P51 pilot during WWII
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:04:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I HAD THE SAME GUN with clear Plexi grips and a pin up girl affixed behind them, mine was from a WWII P51 pilot who carried it after being given it by the French resistance after being shot down while making his way back to England.(documented)

THAT IS A 5 DIGIT FN OCCUPATION  P35...when the NAZI's overran Belgium they commandeered the Arms factories...this is a gun produced for the NAZI's, the Waffen SS or other units...these guns were favored by the Luftwaffe pilots, and many favored it over the P38. Captured ones often found their way to American Pilots...low serial number, rough finish and NAZI proof marking makes it a piece of history...that is NOT A RUN OF THE MILL $700 BHP..to a collector its worth 2-3 times that...in that rough shape...

Do not refinish it...it was made that way on purpose, the ruff finish and poor overall finish was indicative or slave labor with the occupied Belgiam obviously were...the barrel has a mismatched serial number but the slide and receiver are correct...
[/span]

Don't take my word for it...CONTACT FN DIRECTLY WITH YOUR BACK STORY AND PICTURES...I DID FOR MINE, took about 3-4 months but the Admin Asst to the President of FN sent me a letter for it...it went with to a collector when sold.[/span]
View Quote

You need to post pics of the gun and the letter.  Way too cool!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:23:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Do not refinish it...it was made that way on purpose, the ruff finish and poor overall finish was indicative or slave labor with the occupied Belgiam obviously were...the barrel has a mismatched serial number but the slide and receiver are correct...

Don't take my word for it...CONTACT FN DIRECTLY WITH YOUR BACK STORY AND PICTURES...I DID FOR MINE, took about 3-4 months but the Admin Asst to the President of FN sent me a letter for it...it went with to a collector when sold.
View Quote

OP: If your friend is too stupid to appreciate history behind it then relieve him from the 'burden' by giving him $500-$550. There has been influx of used Hi Powers and they go for $400-$550 IIRC. Then get the letter from FN.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:30:45 PM EDT
[#41]
I owned the gun for about 5 months before I sold it to a collector in Va...he has passed on and I understand his son inherited the collection...they live , or did live in Richmond Va. I do have some pics of it somewhere...I'll see if I can dig some up...one of the coolest things was the grips...clear plexi hand cut and shaped with a pin up girl on each side...pretty cool...I ended up paying about $100 for a pair of period correct grips to go with it as well as the plexis...it came with two serialized magazines too...
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:32:42 PM EDT
[#42]
It is a mismatched 1944 Nazi Hi-Power (they made 63,000 Nazi Hi-Powers in that year alone) that is nowhere near 100% condition.

Here is an all matching 1943 Nazi Hi-Power in 98% with two magazines and a holster, all original at $1100: http://www.armslist.com/posts/1709205/milwaukee-wisconsin-handguns-for-sale--browning-hi-power-wwii-nazi-stamped-with-holester-

This isn't complicated.  From the "b" marking on the serial number we know this is a 1944 gun (probably mid-1944 since they started at 1b and ran to 63000b).  It appears to be all original - fixed sights, plastic grips, no slot.  An hour of quick googling will tell you what these are selling for, the FN factory churned out 300k+ Nazi-marked Hi-Powers, so there is no shortage of historical and current online auctions to compare to.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:41:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1944 Hi-Power with holster and "sweetheart grips" (as Beach described) in better condition for $875 shipped: http://www.jouster.com/forums/showthread.php?31631-1944-Browning-Hi-Power-Nazi-proofed-holster-sweetheart-grips-Fabrique-National

1944 Hi-Power in 98% condition with holster and two mags for $725: http://www.armslist.com/posts/296962/columbus-ohio-handguns-for-sale--fn-belgium-browning-hipower-1944-nazi-marked
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:43:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

1944 Hi-Power with holster and "sweetheart grips" (as Beach described) in better condition for $875 shipped: http://www.jouster.com/forums/showthread.php?31631-1944-Browning-Hi-Power-Nazi-proofed-holster-sweetheart-grips-Fabrique-National

1944 Hi-Power in better condition with holster and two mags for $725:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And both are above the 600 you keep referencing.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, both are in markedly better condition and are all matching numbers compared to the pistol in the original post.  You understand how that works right?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:45:06 PM EDT
[#46]
I'd jump all over that
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:45:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Hi Power > 1911

i love mine
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:46:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Very cool!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:47:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yes, both are in markedly better condition and are all matching numbers compared to the pistol in the original post.  You understand how that works right?
View Quote

I understand that the OP's pistol sells for way more than 600 bucks. The links are also a year old. Maybe in cheapass land it's worth less, but I've seen them sell for me. People in this thread said they'd pay more.

The fact YOU wouldn't doesn't change market price.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:48:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Nazi Marked?  

<Joe Dirt> Daaaaaanggg</Joe Dirt>

Buy it. Be fair, but don't give away the farm.

View Quote

This.

That is a beautiful pistol, BTW.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top