Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2013 1:44:38 PM EDT
Company is offering it to us this year.  We have the choice of four plans:  basic plan in the event you trip and fall and the like, a hospital confinement plan, cancer plan, and a heart attack / serious problem plan.

The dude made a pretty convincing sales pitch.

For me, for all 4 plans it's $44 per pay check so about $88 a month.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:48:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I say go for it, I have & have used it, worked out very well for me
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:51:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I am told if I have the same benefit across multiple plans, they will all pay, not just one of them.  So for the annual "went to the doctor and had a checkup" that's $60 on the one plan and $50 on at least one other one.

$700 a night for a stay in the ICU for the first 7 nights, $1200 a night for nights 8 - 15, just on the one plan.

Seems like a no brainer, just not sure if it "sounds too good to be true".  Dude said to make a claim we call him, fill out one form and in 4 to 7 days we get a check.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:55:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:56:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got the accident plan and cancer plan.  I've used dental exams for my wellness checkup benifit and they will cut a check for $60.  Price is pretty good and so far the coverage is good.
Went to the ER right after I got the policy for a busted chin and they paid me for that too
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:58:07 PM EDT
[#5]
This is all positive.  I think I may fo.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:59:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I had it, when I went out for medical for 6 weeks, I had to burn ALL my vacation, ALL my sick days, ALL unpaid leave days, then 5 business days, I was able to begin collecting.

Basically, it did not begin until the middle of the fifth week. The week I did collect, the origination fees and processing for starting a claim ate all the money.

I did not feel like I got my money's worth. I guess it's good if you're out for a long time.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:01:40 PM EDT
[#7]
tag for info
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:02:21 PM EDT
[#8]
per check it was just too expensive for me
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#9]
If you work at a job where you get injured a lot it's worth it. Cops I worked with had just the one plan and got paid thousands a year on LOD injuries.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top