Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2013 7:42:13 PM EDT
Link

OGDEN, Utah -- Former Sheriff William "Dub" Lawrence has watched with dismay as America's war on drugs has escalated, and SWAT teams have become more aggressive, more militarized, and less focused on resolving disputes peacefully.

"SWAT teams have been infiltrated by bullies with badges and guns who foster a mentality that killing criminals reduces recidivism," he says. "We're on the wrong track. I look at what's happened to law enforcement today, and I'm ashamed and heartbroken by what I see. We've lost sight of what's important. We've lost sight of what the job should be about, which is protecting the constitutional rights of the people."
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:43:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:44:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:45:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
But do they have a MRAP?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A pro-freedom, anti-Authoritarian thread!

How unique.
View Quote

Fify
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:53:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Fify
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

A pro-freedom, anti-Authoritarian thread!

How unique.

Fify

Did you read the article?

This guy is a retarded liberal who's trying to stay relevant.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:53:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But do they have a MRAP?

At least they are using those now instead of 113s.  M113s are not the safest vehicle to be out on the road with unless they are maintained by professional tracked vehicle mechanics.  Do the warrior cops who drive these things into fake battle even know how to handle a broken track or propeller shaft?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

At least they are using those now instead of 113s.  M113s are not the safest vehicle to be out on the road with unless they are maintained by professional tracked vehicle mechanics.  Do the warrior cops who drive these things into fake battle even know how to handle a broken track or propeller shaft?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
But do they have a MRAP?

This is why I'm laughing.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:01:33 PM EDT
[#8]
My team gets its refurbished Bearcat in January.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:04:27 PM EDT
[#9]
A SWAT operation that involves gunfire is a failure.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:09:12 PM EDT
[#10]
No-knock raids and the WoD are the bedrock of our freedoms.

They are necessary for domestic tranquility.

Everytime I see a drug bust or a raw milk raid, I feel a strong sense of patriotism and freedom course through my veins.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:12:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A SWAT operation that involves gunfire is a failure.
View Quote

Yep.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top