Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2013 6:56:06 PM EDT
I just started in on a new bottle of Seagram's 7 Dark Honey a few hours ago and remembered that I haven't eaten.  So being the responsible asshole that I am, and not drive impaired---
I decided that I had to order some damn pizza.  I looked for the wallet and I remembered I had put it in the glove compartment...Well...the both the garage and car were on the other side
of the house.  Fuck that...I was too lazy.   I was hungry...and haven't been the grocery store in weeks.

So..into the freezer.  I find frozen mussels, frozen scallops...and some bullshit microwaveable veggies.   Fuck that veggie shit.

At any rate...this is what I came up with given what I had left on hand:

Mussels/Scallops in a bullshit Parmesan/garlic creamy butter sauce over angel hair pasta:

First, heat up stove, throw frozen mussels into pan with shitty white wine, garlic, salt, pepper....

Start thawing scallops in warm water.  Continuing to boil wine/garlic sauce down--steam and heat is starting to open up the mussels.
Started angel-hair pasta boiling in salted water.

Removing mussels when done (covering with saran wrap in a bowl), reserving about 50% of the liquid.  Add scallops and cook until firm

When liquid is reduced and scallops are firming up---I add all the cheese that I had left (maybe 1/4 a bag of shredded white American) and some dried Parmesan cheese like you'd put on spaghetti.
Then I threw in some heavy cream, butter, and fresh chopped garlic.  Pulled meat from mussels and threw into cheesy-weird mixture.

Removed noodles from water and drained.  Added some olive oil, butter, and oregano and tossed it.   Added mussels/scallops/sauce over the noodles.  Booze and nearest handgun included (I wasn't going to unlock a rifle for
a bullshit snack picture).  Regardless of how it looks---it tasted pretty fucking good.

At any rate...now into third episode of Firefly, looking to move on to Season 5 of SoA.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd eat it gladly
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#2]
You defrosted frozen seafood in standing warm water?

I hope you live...
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn good foraging!

8/10

I'd eat the hell outta that
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#4]
That's a nice appetizer.  Where is dinner?

0/10
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:02:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I hope you live...
View Quote

Actually, it was cold water...that I had to dump twice.  When it was done the third time, it was about room temperature.  I should live, though.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:03:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I will give you a 9 based on the amount of alcohol gone from the bottle and the cooking skill you displayed!

I would be unable to even boil water!
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:04:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Those look like roaches without legs.

:puke:
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:05:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Actually, it was cold water...that I had to dump twice.  When it was done the third time, it was about room temperature.  I should live, though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you live...

defrost with running cold water and a colander

also, something with a delicate flavor like scallops shouldn't be covered with cheese, cream and wine sauce

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:07:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I see someone might have a drinking problem if you just popped the cherry on that bottle tonight.
GET HELP!
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:07:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Start thawing scallops in warm water.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:11:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Food looks good.  Watching sons of Anarchy after season two, OTOH, is kinda gay.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:25:51 PM EDT
[#13]
As nasty as that is, I'm giving a solid 7/10 alone just for the fact you're still coherent and functionable, and haven't burned your place down after drinking that much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top