Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2013 4:57:06 PM EDT
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/american-blackout/videos/american-blackout-trailer/

One minute trailer for new Nat Geo channel docudrama "American Blackout."

Looks like armed evil white militia types are sure to be the villains.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#1]
"Say hello to the bad guy "
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:00:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well obviously, we've been prepping (planning the entire thing ) for years.

I give the real life SHTF situation about 72hrs before we find out who the villains really are.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:02:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"Say hello to the bad guy "
View Quote

LOL.

Looks like it could be an interesting show.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:06:41 PM EDT
[#4]
ill have to watch that
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#5]
The trailer seems like an ad for more .gov control. "Why isn't anyone helping us?" Waaaaa!
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like the only looters shown are white.

SHOCKING.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:18:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/american-blackout/videos/american-blackout-trailer/

View Quote

I always use AK bayonets to take hostages when the SHTF don't you?

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:19:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Looks like the only looters shown are white.

SHOCKING.
View Quote
well you cant show the ugly truth that would be wacist

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:19:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I give the real life SHTF situation about 72hrs before we find out who the villains really are.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, very true.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:20:58 PM EDT
[#10]
"Meanwhile, Five Points, Atlanta is an example of human sacrifice and brotherhood during this national crisis."
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:21:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

And the only drawback to having a generator is that a brightly lit house among the dark ones is also something the FSA goblins desire.

There's trees down the entire 300 foot length of my driveway, so I'd cross it with chains and lock them. If someone wants to say hi, they're going to have to come on foot.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:22:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
"Meanwhile, Five Points, Atlanta is an example of human sacrifice and brotherhood during this national crisis."
View Quote

I assume you're joking, but given the environment and brazenness amongst today's propagandists, I'm not sure that you're too far off target.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe the hippies in the neighborhood . But when the neighbors to the south come visit it will be game on.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#15]
The comments are GLORIOUS!!!!1!

"To add on to that, NASA is reporting comet Ison (eye sun=illuminati, look at your paper money)..is coming in very close contact with the sun which could possibly emit comet debris to earth and/or solar flares and EMP's, but we also can consider that the govts could use any of that as a cover up. Just look into it, it's not conspiracy, it's highly possible truth."

FO TIME!!!

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:44:43 PM EDT
[#16]
How is it that that guy's toilet wouldn't flush?

Does he have an electric toilet or something?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

No electricity = no pumping stations = no fresh water = empty tank because dumbass used it all up = no  flush

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:49:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yep.

And the only drawback to having a generator is that a brightly lit house among the dark ones is also something the FSA goblins desire.

There's trees down the entire 300 foot length of my driveway, so I'd cross it with chains and lock them. If someone wants to say hi, they're going to have to come on foot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Do you already own enough chain? Have you already purchased the locks? If not, I'd say you're behind the curve, smitty.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:48:09 PM EDT
[#19]
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/aaron-sagers/natgeos-american-blackout_b_4158582.html

Much of the film's narrative revolves around a variety of survivors documenting the blackout, and their rapidly deteriorating situations, on their cell phones and flip cams. There is a young, affluent couple in a New York City penthouse who only have credit cards and electric can openers; a teen vlogger left to his own devices while his mom works at a hospital; a little girl in the suburbs with a pregnant mom; a trio of college students stuck in their dorm's elevator after the end of the academic year; and the pre-teen son of a prepper family, who has escaped with his parents and sister's boyfriend to their "bug out" compound.

/snip/

Scott Aaronson, Senior Director of National Security Policy at Edison Electric Institute added that cyber is relatively new as a critical infrastructure -- which moderator Matthew L. Wald of The New York Times said made it the "glass jaw of American life" -- but that his industry is working hard on risk management. As a result, Hayden added that security experts have a challenging time articulating the extent of a cyber-threat. Hayden also said he was "fearful," not of aggressive nation states launching a cyber-attack of the scale shown in the movie, but of those that come from "disaffected individuals with undefined, unsatisfiable demands."

All of these ideas are reinforced in American Blackout through factoids occasionally flashed on screen. They send a clear message: Many of the systems we rely on daily are out of date and vulnerable if the grid goes down. Elevators and traffic lights have little-to-no back-up power. Our food supply chain, and fuel supply, can be easily interrupted. Something as simple as clean water, or the lack thereof, might lead to escalating violence between neighbors. Plus -- be it cause by Mother Nature or humans -- most Americans just aren't prepared to deal with even a small-scale interruption in services, much less a larger disaster that interrupts power.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 8:10:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Cant wait for this lol
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 8:32:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No electricity = no pumping stations = no fresh water = empty tank because dumbass used it all up = no  flush

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any decent water systems will have diesel back up generators to run well and booster pumps, Some systems are straight gravity supply. We have Diesel back up and a 16MW Hydroelectric plant that can run isolated to provide power to main well stations if the grid goes down.

Water systems worked just fine well before electricity.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:52:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Do you already own enough chain? Have you already purchased the locks? If not, I'd say you're behind the curve, smitty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Of course I do. This is a semi-rural area, chain is used for many things, including pulling stumps or pulling down dead trees. Everyone here is well and septic and all that, we'd do fine.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:17:52 AM EDT
[#23]
I plan on checking it out, looks somewhat interesting.

ARKAR
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:51:17 AM EDT
[#24]
I hope its not like their episode of "what happens if all gasoline production suddenly halted"

6 months later:
Brazil highways are still packed
American Highways are nigh empty, save for the savy few who invested in electric cars
Blah blah blah government is keeping everyone alive, stay with the government.   Only blue states fair well.

I swear it will be more bull*hit, still gonna watch if it doesn't interrupt walking dead.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:53:27 AM EDT
[#25]
"American Blackout" is a Liberal Wish/Wet Dream.  I for one won't be watching it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:03:06 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Yep.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

Unmowed grass + tangle foot wire + sharp stakes.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:07:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is true as long as you have gravity or willing to hump your water supply to where you need it.  FSA ain't got no time fo dat.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:19:58 AM EDT
[#28]
thats pretty funny.

psychiatrists call this, "projection"

Liberals can't live without everything delivered to them by magic but they are pussies so they figure they will starve or be prayed upon by evil conservatives who also don't know how to survive and therefore will violently take over.

no dumb fucks, conservatives will generally be fine and self sufficient.  
It ain't the red neck militias you need to fear.

but liberals can't talk about that.

some say zombies.

they say red necks.

both are talking about the same thing.  and they ain't red necks and zombies.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:24:01 AM EDT
[#29]
If they showed any one but whitey as the bad guy, it would be racist!  Who could imagine a group of dark complected people rioting?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:29:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
thats pretty funny.

Liberals can't live without everything delivered to them by magic but they are pussies so they figure they will starve or be prayed upon by evil conservatives who also don't know how to survive and therefore will violently take over.

some say zombies.

they say red necks.

View Quote

Truth be known.... it will probably be some red necks and country folks helping these dumbasses out....
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:31:54 AM EDT
[#31]
I am BBQ the neighbor's poodles.  Then me and my Chihuahua are hiding out.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:32:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Truth be known.... it will probably be some red necks and country folks helping these dumbasses out....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
thats pretty funny.

some say zombies.

they say red necks.

christian taliban imposing their values on others.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:33:18 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

The trailer seems like an ad for more .gov control. "Why isn't anyone helping us?" Waaaaa!
View Quote
I see that as the opposite.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:46:16 AM EDT
[#34]
I am ready for this to happen! I ' ll hide out with my friend Charlie Matheson.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:12:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yep.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

That's why I have black-out shades.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:16:08 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

http://i39.tinypic.com/wlrd79.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably not too far off.  How many of those things have been sold at gun shows and surplus stores and stuck in the closet?

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:43:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Probably not too far off.  How many of those things have been sold at gun shows and surplus stores and stuck in the closet?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With the prices they want, not many.  More likely to be a cheap CRKT they got at Wal-Mart, or a kitchen knife.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:07:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Aren't they always?

How original Nat Geo. Nevah ben dun befoah!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:09:15 PM EDT
[#39]
this show is ass…turned it off once i realized it was all herky-jerky cell phone footage...
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#40]
This a warning to the public. Probably a real blackout coming soon.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:21:24 PM EDT
[#41]
American Blackout, brought to you by : Cheap chinese $4 flashlights....do you have enough? Of course you don't.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:33:25 PM EDT
[#42]
The President admits the US cannot withstand an emergency without international help,......good job Natgeo.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#43]
The kid in Austin looking for his mom.  I wonder what his screen name is

Gr
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:53:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
American Blackout, brought to you by : Cheap chinese $4 flashlights....do you have enough? Of course you don't.
View Quote

Yep, have lots of the 6.00, Cree UltraFire's.  had them for years of hard use.  Better than my Surefire weapon lights, by far!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:11:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Jason would have taken a bullet to the head if he was in my camp.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:14:02 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

The President admits the US cannot withstand an emergency without international help,......good job Natgeo.

View Quote

Obama would use the crisis to take another 5 star Hawaiin vacation.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:17:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was thinking SWAT, or any of the surrounding area....
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:25:54 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

Let's be bad guys.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top