Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/26/2013 4:26:05 PM EDT
I always wear undershirts with all of my collared shirts. It seems like undershirts are out of style and no one wears them anymore.  What say the hive?  Do I look like a douche wearing an undershirt under a polo or a more casual button down sport shirt?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#1]
never
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:26:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never bothered, in style or not, unless I'm wearing a shirt made of a very thin material.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:27:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I do the same. Fashion or no fashion, I wear an undershirt.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:27:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know......haven't been paying attention. I'll have to tune in to "Cops" and find out
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Lessons learned as a bachelor... Undershirts make less laundry. You don't have to wash the over shirts as much.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#6]
undershirt.. always.

fyi the best ones are the stafford brand from jcpenny, they cost $20 bux for 3 but they're made extra long so if your wife happens to throw one in the dryer, it won't turn into a belly shirt like the 100% cotton ones do
get the cotton/polyester blend.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:29:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I always go WITH undershirt.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:31:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lessons learned as a bachelor... Undershirts make less laundry. You don't have to wash the over shirts as much.
View Quote

Exactly.

I always wear an undershirt.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:32:16 PM EDT
[#9]
No, but I've never worn one in my 57 years of life.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:32:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
This.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:32:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I always wear undershirts with all of my collared shirts. It seems like undershirts are out of style and no one wears them anymore.  What say the hive?  Do I look like a douche wearing an undershirt under a polo or a more casual button down sport shirt?
View Quote

I wear an undershirt in both the cases you mentioned, the Navy taught me so.

Sometimes a wife beater but more often a vneck undershirt.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote

But you have to wash the under shirts just as much. So... you end up washing more shirts anyway because you're washing the undershirts and the over shirts every now and again.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:35:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.  
Same.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:35:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Not sure what a Undershirt is ??

I wear T-Shirts everyday & will be buried in one.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:36:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I might wear one, in what we Texans call winter.

The other 10 months of the year, too fucking hot for 2 shirts.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:37:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

But you have to wash the under shirts just as much. So... you end up washing more shirts anyway because you're washing the undershirts and the over shirts every now and again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but you don't have to iron the undershirts. I can see his point.

But, I'm married, so...
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:37:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Always have an undershirt on.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:38:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless you wash your shirts by hand it's no more work than throwing the undershirts into the washing machine  with your underwear, which you should be washing anyways.  

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:38:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Been wearing an undershirt since high school.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:38:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Wear undershirts in winter. I wear Polo pocket tees in summer, it keeps the plant manager happy and he doesn't bug me about a "collared" shirt if I have on a nice t-shirts.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#21]
I run too damn hot to wear one.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#22]
I find undershirts useful, If I sweat, the undershirt absorbs it, not my good shirt.  I've always worn them, but I'm single again after about 8 years, and am reevaluating my wardrobe.  It seems like most of the other guys I see around don't wear them.  

I'm wondering wearing and undershirt appears too up tight to women
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:41:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but you don't have to iron the undershirts. I can see his point.    

But, I'm married, so...
So.. you got a T-Shirt on in your avatar

So if you have a undershirt under your T-Shirt, does that make your T-Shirt a Obershirt ? oh shirt LMAO..

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:42:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sometimes, instead of washing my undershirts, I just go buy more.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#25]
I wear one 99% of the time.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sometimes, instead of washing my undershirts, I just go buy more.

I do that with Glocks.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:43:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Only time I ever wear an undershirt is with dressy button up shirts... which I never wear if I can get away with it...  I'm usually forced to every other year or so...

Maybe once a year I'll have to wear something with a collar... but not a dressy button up... so no undershirt.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:43:37 PM EDT
[#28]
If it wasn't so hot here I'd wear one all year but now I only wear one when its cool outside.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:43:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless you wash your shirts by hand it's no more work than throwing the undershirts into the washing machine  with your underwear, which you should be washing anyways.  

So why worry about an undershirt to begin with? It's not saving you any laundry space or time.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:43:53 PM EDT
[#30]
VISIBLE, CREW-NECK undershirts absolutely are out of style. see below:

aside from the fact that this guy looks like a fucking douchebag in general, the crew-necked undershirt peeking out from his collar looks absolutely retarded.

this is why v-neck t-shirts exist. you can wear them underneath a dress shirt without the collar being seen, because the v-shaped neck will naturally plunge deeper.

if you wish to wear an undershirt that's absolutely fine, but it should be a v-neck so that it doesn't stick out
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:44:10 PM EDT
[#31]
I always wear a wife beater style undershirt. Despite the name it feels more civilized to me.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:44:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Undershirt always for me except for gym clothes.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:45:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Always have an undershirt on.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

This. I've been wearing 2 shirts so long I would feel naked with just one on.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:46:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Every day, all year
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:46:54 PM EDT
[#35]
i don't care about style.

i usually wear an undershirt.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:47:25 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3046/2367231414_7b8fe2ee53_n.jpg

aside from the fact that this guy looks like a fucking douchebag in general, the crew-necked undershirt peeking out from his collar looks absolutely retarded.

this is why v-neck t-shirts exist. you can wear them underneath a dress shirt without the collar being seen, because the v-shaped neck will naturally plunge deeper.

if you wish to wear an undershirt that's absolutely fine, but it should be a v-neck so that it doesn't stick out
View Quote
He needs a belt.

But his shirt looks fine to me.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:47:37 PM EDT
[#37]
I always got a wife-beater on.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:48:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
He needs a belt.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He needs a belt.    

he does need a belt

but the fact that it looks fine to you doesn't mean that it's correct.

it just means that you're wrong with him.

to clarify my position a little more, the "visible undershirt" mistake belongs with other 90s abominations such as pleated pants, square-toed footwear, and "relaxed fit" ANYTHING. none of these things are in anymore.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:49:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Undershirt under a polo is just strange to me. They are both pull overs, pick one.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Always under a button-down.  Always.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:49:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Fairly certain that onl y gay dudes are wearing under shirts in 2013.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:50:00 PM EDT
[#42]
I wear an undershirt/t-shirt with my work clothes and in the winter with my regular clothes.  I do not wear one in the summer other than at work
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:50:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Umm, most men don't care what other men wear.  Those that do are usually ghey.  

I wear crew neck undershirts all the time.  Most are not white.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:50:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

This....couldn't care less about whatever fashion is in....and wouldn't know which fashion is in either.
Suit every day....undershirt - long sleeve button down shirt - tie - jacket.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

v-neck t shirts are for fags who want to show off their neckbeards.
these guys think they're just splendid!!

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:52:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Scaldfish represents roughly 60% of the undershirt wearing public who say "wear a t-shirt but don't let it show under your collar." I'm in the 40% who say v-necks are for hipsters and disco dancers.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:52:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

So what is his biggest style shortcoming? Bad choice of undershirt? No belt with tucked in shirt? Moranic necklace?

That guy is a mess!
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
He needs a belt.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He needs a belt.    

Looks like a gay cowboy. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#49]
I like to layer mine...kinda like this guy...stylin baby!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:54:27 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

v-neck t shirts are for fags who want to show off their neckbeards.

these guys think they're just splendid!!

http://cdnb.lystit.com/photos/2012/04/14/asos-black-asos-tshirt-with-deep-v-neck-product-1-3252698-963258206_large_flex.jpeg

http://img0092.popscreencdn.com/114203603_2012-men-slim-fit-v-neck-solids-short-t-shirts-summer-.jpg
They also wear them lil pretty girly tennis socks to.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top