Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2013 4:18:10 PM EDT
I freely admit, I am a major slob.  I have a SOLID four inches of old mail, items I’ve bought, and miscellaneous other things thickly coating my kitchen table.  Dishes are literally left to soak in my sink for days, if not weeks.  Scientists could take core samples at my place, and gain insight into the sedimentary layers of ancient civilizations.

That being said, I do have SOME (admittedly low) standards of cleanliness.  If I open the door to my apartment & get bowled over by the stench, I clean it up (girlz don’t like that, yo).  I make a major effort to not stink in public, or to have gross stains all down the front of my shirt.  But on the other hand, I simply don’t give a fuck if the “glitterati” don’t think I measure up to their so-called “standards”.

So, Arfdotcom, where do you fall on the “slobbish” scale?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:22:11 PM EDT
[#1]
i'm a slob, but only because my gracious wife cleans up after me....

well that is when I let her out of the kitchen
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:23:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to be....and then something changed where I like  to be neat and orderly. It makes life simpler and easier to maintain.

But yes, I was a slob on expert level at one time.  For a very, very long time.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:24:52 PM EDT
[#3]
you could eat off my floors.     well my dogs do!
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:26:24 PM EDT
[#4]
When I was single my place was always immaculate.

Wife and kids really screw that up.  She's not a slob, but she's a little sloppy.  Kids are an animated traveling disaster area.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:27:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I freely admit, I am a major slob.  I have a SOLID four inches of old mail, items I’ve bought, and miscellaneous other things thickly coating my kitchen table.  Dishes are literally left to soak in my sink for days, if not weeks.  Scientists could take core samples at my place, and gain insight into the sedimentary layers of ancient civilizations.

That being said, I do have SOME (admittedly low) standards of cleanliness.  If I open the door to my apartment & get bowled over by the stench, I clean it up (girlz don’t like that, yo).  I make a major effort to not stink in public, or to have gross stains all down the front of my shirt.  But on the other hand, I simply don’t give a fuck if the “glitterati” don’t think I measure up to their so-called “standards”.

So, Arfdotcom, where do you fall on the “slobbish” scale?
View Quote

If you didn't give a guck, you wouldn't have posted all that looking for support from your fellow slobs.

Protip: Your homer bucket is a good place to mix bleach and water.  For cleaning.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:29:36 PM EDT
[#7]

im neat and thin

im not gay
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:30:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd love to be Captain OCD, but I can't seem to ever make it work. Living with 2 (sometimes 3) people makes it even harder.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:30:54 PM EDT
[#9]
As a single male, I keep my place cleaner than most homes I'm in.
I'm not OCD, and sometimes it gets a little cluttered, but most times I'm complimented on my housekeeping.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:32:22 PM EDT
[#10]
At work, everything, EVERYTHING, has to be exact and orderly.

At home, all bets are off, the house is a disaster.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:33:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
At work, everything, EVERYTHING, has to be exact and orderly.  Stuck in 5S eh?

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:33:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

this is pretty much me.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:37:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes to clean but clutter is a horse of a different color!
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:38:13 PM EDT
[#14]
somewhere between clean and sterile.

i've through the years that generally speaking, at least in my experience, that men are usually bigger neat freaks than women.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:45:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Wife and kids really screw that up.  She's not a slob, but she's a little sloppy.  Kids are an animated traveling disaster area.
View Quote

This, except my wife is a complete fucking slob and it drives me insane.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#16]
I go in phases of both, but mostly it is an organized mess.

My work schedule sucks, I am on call 24/7, and there can be weeks that pass by quickly before I have a chance to do a good thorough cleaning.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:47:54 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm not a neat freak, but I try and keep the house somwhat clean
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:49:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:55:41 PM EDT
[#19]
My guess is that the OP hasn't spent time in the military.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:56:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Nope......No excuse for being slovenly except mental problems. Schizophrenics are Filthy!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm definitely becoming comfortable with a mess/disaster area as I age.

It's called not giving a shit, some people should give a try for awhile
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:58:30 PM EDT
[#22]
I am but my wife is a lazy slob though so I live with her disgusting messes because after 12 years I've just lost all ambition to clean up after her anymore.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:59:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Everything has a place, everything in its place, always.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:59:21 PM EDT
[#24]
When it comes to laundry, it has a tendency to lay where it gets stripped off. Wife handles it though.

Cans will pile on the desk at times (big soda drinker, trying to cut back though, its my last real vice since quitting smoking).

Other than that im pretty clean, and clutter free.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#25]
My house gets a bit cluttered, but generally I keep it clean.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
somewhere between clean and sterile.

i've through the years that generally speaking, at least in my experience, that men are usually bigger neat freaks than women.
View Quote

Most of the women I know are slobs. Just look at their bathroom or the inside of their car. I mean who the fuck else saves receipts from the drive thru?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:02:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Everything has a place, it cuts down on time wasted looking for something or moving it later.

If an object doesnt get used in a year it very well could be tossed or sold.

Storage blds are a joke.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:04:05 PM EDT
[#28]
I live in Somalia. You guess.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:04:43 PM EDT
[#29]
this tread reminded me I need to clean the toilets...
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#30]
I am not... My girlfriend is a slob and half. I cant stand it. Dirty dishes laundry all over the place it drives me nuts.. Sadly I can not keep up.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:10:26 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm not a slob but I've met some of the worst of them. Doing a room inspection on other soldiers can be horrifying.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:13:13 PM EDT
[#32]
I am messy but not dirty.

Drives my wife crazy.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:15:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL
I do the same thing.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Slobs are lazy people, sorry but it's true . My garage is probably cleaner and more organized than most peoples living space
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:23:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

As someone else said age has added to the I don't give a shit, clutter all over.
Plus six dogs in the house make for constant hair clean up so house vac is a 6 gallon shop vac.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can relate to you brother.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:29:35 PM EDT
[#37]
I do the best I can. House is clean as it can be with a wife,two teenagers, their freinds and 6 fucking thousand pets ( seems like that many anyway)  I am a little OCD and all of my shit is in order and immaculate. Wife and kids....meh.  Not so much
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I am messy but not dirty.

Drives my wife crazy.

View Quote
This.   I have clutter, and quite a bit of clutter.     But nothing that will turn biohazard.   Dishes get cleaned daily or at least every other day.  No cups or plates laying around.  trash is taken out every couple days.  

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:32:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
As a single male, I keep my place cleaner than most homes I'm in.
I'm not OCD, and sometimes it gets a little cluttered, but most times I'm complimented on my housekeeping.
View Quote

And then many years later - I got a dog.
Things have since changed.....
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:34:08 PM EDT
[#40]
The SO is a complete piglet. I'm damage control
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:37:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Organized.    

Mostly.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:39:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Sterile.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:54:50 PM EDT
[#43]
I used to be ocd about the house cleaning, everything was clean all the time and everything put away. I liked it a lot, seems like simpler times back then.

Then they invented personal computers... all that free time dissapeared.

I'm starting to think I may be borderline hoarder these days. House looks like a bomb went off in it. It's truly a mess and I keep telling myself its time to clean everything and discard the stuff. Maybe next month....

I blame the computers...
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:35:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Apartment stays cleanish, sometimes it has to get pretty cluttered before I do anything about it.

My tool box at work on the other hand, is a perfect case study for how OCD people work. Everything has it's exact assigned place, and I don't go home until all tools are cleaned spotless and back in place.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:01:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm not a slob but I've met some of the worst of them. Doing a room inspection on other soldiers can be horrifying.
View Quote

Yeah, I've had a few "biohazard experiments gone wild" experiences in my life.  As someone noted, I've not spent any time in the military.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top