Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2002 9:41:31 AM EDT
Quoted:

Castle Arms allegedly got started because Tim needed a way to own a machine gun, an MP5 in particular, and without paying the high prices for grandfathered stock (if there are any MP5's grandfathered). Some may remember his posts about wanting to get full-auto, then later, gloating about the MP5 deal. The MP5 that Tim purchased, being post-ban, required a BATF license for LEO sales. Castle Arms probably is the vehicle for LEO sales as required by BATF to own post-ban FA. Is Castle Arms a shell company, or is it successful? I don't know... go to the website and look for yourself. The MP5 deal could have been made-up by Tim in his postings as well.

He started on this board trying to find buyers for his steel targets.
View Quote

allegedly, without paying, gloating, probably, shell company, could have been…..

Castle Arms was started by John Spake as an offshoot of T-Master Target frames. He bought out the inventory of another Class III dealer and does run a legitimate Class III FFL. I have taken over Mr. Greene’s equity in the business & he never owned the MP5s, the company did & the money for the company was put up by Mr. Spake.
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 9:47:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I finally understand the term [b]CLUSTER FUCK!!![/b]

This whole thing is a mess.  This board, sadly, will suffer and I doubt Anti/G-N-B board will last long.

Greed is ugly.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 9:47:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
…….I decided to take Rock River Arms side on this.

When Tim Green posted that he was calling for a boycott of Rock River Arms because they dropped the ball on the Hero Rifles

Well I talked to the owners of Rock River Arms that day Tim G. posted that. I informed them that the post was not with the sanction of AR15.com and was totally done by Castle Arms.

Rock River's side of the Hero rifle debacle is as follows.

When the original order was placed for the LEGP AR15.com rifles Castle Arms never came through with the quantity they commited to verbally. So RRA did not take thier verbal commitment for the Hero rifles seriously.

RRA repeatedly tried to get Castle Arms to commit funds or even issue a purchase order for the Hero Rifles. Castle Arms would not do so. It was my understanding the funds for the Hero Rifles was collected ahead of time and could have been forwarded to Rock River Arms when the order was placed. Kudos to Armalite for comming through on those rifles on such short notice but it was the previous friction between Castle Arms and Rock River Arms that caused Rock River never to fill that order not just a drop the ball on Rock River Arms part.
View Quote

The other side of the story which was posted but seems to be forgotten now.

The Hero’s Rifle was a different project that the LEGP. Written Purchase Orders were giving for orders to RRA. While Castle did not come through with the quantity we committed to, RRA never came through with the production time promised & needed to make the sales.  We did coordinate with RRA to keep them informed so they would not overextend buying of components for rifles that orders were not coming in for due to production delays.  A written Purchase order was sent to RRA for the Hero’s Rifles, 111401JS1. Here is the history

Orders placed 10-12-01, 11-6-01 & 11-14-01

Faxed inquiry  12-3-01    No response (delivery confirmed)

Faxed another inquiry  12-10-01       No response (delivery confirmed)

Phone inquiry 12-12-01  Spoke to woman, she spoke to a man & her quote was “he said we will ship tonight”

Phone inquiry 12-19-01: Spoke to Mark he said would ship that night

Phone inquiry 1-7-02:  Spoke to Mark, he will check into it.

Phone inquiry 1-7-02:  Spoke to Mark, he will check into it

Phoned inquiry 1-15  5:10 pm  left message asking them to call ref a PO for standard A2.      No response – delivery confirmed

Faxed inquiry 1-17-02. (inquired about all open orders) No response – delivery confirmed

Faxed inquiry 1-24-02. “         No response – delivery confirmed

Faxed inquiry 2-1-02. “ No response – delivery confirmed

2-2 Spoke to them (terry) & placed order at Shot Show for more rifles, they said thanks.  Did not speak to Mark or Chuck.

Faxed inquiry 2-10 (inquired about all open orders) No response – delivery confirmed

2-13-02    Referred customer to RRA to check on their order since no response.

Faxed inquiry  2-14-02 (inquired about all open orders)   No response – delivery confirmed

2-19-02 Phone call from one of the Hero recipients saying he just had a call from Rock River ref info on the LE Tac stock.  RRA said stocks were available & calling because the person was on their list to call if interested.  When the subject of the Hero rifles was raised Linda said she didn’t know a thing about them & maybe their fax machine had run out of paper. Mark then called the recipient said he would call Castle right away.   No call

Faxed inquiry 2-20-02 (inquired about all open orders) No response – delivery confirmed

Faxed cancellation of Hero’s rifles & other orders for other FFL & users.
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 9:54:06 AM EDT
[#3]
The cost of an LEGP.  

Much has been made of the profit motive behind Castle Arms in doing the LEGP & how unfair it has been to the members of AR15.COM.    There is far more to producing this for the members than most can imagine.  Few, other FFLs, distributors or manufacturers will absorb what Castle did on behave of its customers.  

2001 LEGP

Sale Price including shipping $660.00
Cost -$610.00
Inbound Freight per rifle       -$5.00
Ave Freight to ship each rifle -$20.00

Gross Profit per rifle $25.00

From these gross profits needs to be deducted:

Additional costs incurred by dealer:
Federal taxes on income
Flyer printing & distribution costs
Travel to promote at shows
Telephone & faxes to buyers, mfgr & distributors
FFL paperwork to receive
FFL paperwork to ship
State paper work required
Fees paid to online forum
Time to consolidate orders (accessories) & make shipment
Cost of collecting, tracking & disbursing Server Fund to AR15.COM
Cost of stripped lower of prototype given to AR15.COM
Website developmental work to change Castle’s site for the sale
Accounting time

Summary:  Who made money & benefited? The people who benefited were the buyers, as the project was meant.   As a FFL, Castle Arms makes no apology for being so crass as to try to cover expenses.
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 11:19:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 12:05:54 PM EDT
[#5]
No, I assure you it is me. I'm using a comp at the Castle Stove factory.
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 1:51:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 2:09:08 PM EDT
[#7]
John,
Did you get the email I sent you about a solution to this problem. I believe 95% of this can be solved if we work this out via my proposal.
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 11:12:53 PM EDT
[#8]
"Mr. Clean" should [b]Clean up his mess![/b]

Return the BIA money, if you still have it!

[url]rbad.ar15.com/mrclean.wav[/url]
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 1:20:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top