Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2013 3:45:59 PM EDT
Latino Caucus head denounces recall threats over gun bills

"SACRAMENTO -- A group of activists representing gun owners said Thursday that they may launch recall campaigns against a handful of Democratic lawmakers, including Assembly Speaker John Pérez (D-Los Angeles), over the passage of several gun-control laws this year.

A final decision on which lawmakers will be targeted is weeks away, according to Sam Paredes, executive director of Gun Owners of California. He said Tim Knight, who was part of a successful recall effort in Colorado, is advising Californians on a strategy, along with experts such as Jennifer Kerns.

When asked which lawmakers might be targeted, 2nd Amendment activists mentioned Democratic Sens. Ben Hueso of San Diego and Norma Torres of Pomona as possibilities, along with Democratic Assembly members Sharon Quirk-Silva of Fullerton, Lorena Gonzalez of San Diego and Pérez.

Paredes acknowledged that Speaker Perez is leaving office because of term limits anyway next year, so a recall would be symbolic. “It’s just to tick him off, send a message that people throughout California are upset about what legislators are passing on 2nd Amendment rights,” Paredes said.

The threats made in front of the Capitol garnered a swift denunciation from the California Latino Legislative Caucus, which noted that the five lawmakers mentioned are Latino.

"Any organization intent on abusing the recall process for political gain should be ashamed of itself,” said Sen. Ricardo Lara (D-Bell Gardens). “The shame is even more stark and pronounced when the strategy targets only Latinos. Californians will not stand for any campaign that is clearly racist and devoid of any political or legal legitimacy.”

Torres also denounced the recall threats made by activists and Republican Assemblyman Tim Donnelly of Twin Peaks, a potential candidate for governor.

“The fact is I have never supported any effort to strip responsible gun owners of our 2nd Amendment rights,” Torres said. “What I have supported are policies aimed at keeping guns out of the hands of murderers, criminals and in places where they pose an obvious threat to public safety. The voters in my community are smart and will recognize that this is nothing more than a political stunt." "

ETA:  Yee has already played the race card on gun activists
SB 249, CA Sen. Leland Yee's Gun Control Bill, Seeks To Slow Bullet Reloading, Infuriates Gun Activists

"A California state senator who introduced a bill to tighten the state's gun control has received a flood of racist calls and letters in response.

With Senate Bill 249, Sen. Leland Yee (D-San Francisco) is trying to close a loophole in one of the California gun control laws, which already includes some of the toughest restrictions in the nation.

In response, gun rights activists have flooded Yee with racist calls and comments, about 99 percent of which are from outside the San Francisco district, according to Yee's office. Others -- via Twitter, Facebook, Calguns.net, AR15.com, AroundTheCapitol.com and other sites -- have posted offensive photos and comments, including racist caricatures of Asians and comments such as “Take this sh*t back to China you communist f*ck,” “who the f*ck let a ch*nk into office,” and “Read the AMERICAN constitution, you commie ch*nk f*ck,” among others. Yee was born in China and came to the U.S. when he was three.

..."
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:47:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:50:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quick to throw down the race card aren't they...  
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:51:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Attn. Sen. Ricardo Lara of Bell Gardens, CA:

You are a bitch and your mother is a whore.

Have a good day.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:52:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quick to throw down the race card aren't they...  
View Quote

When it's all you've got, it's all you've got.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Becaues criminals obey laws, fuck you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:54:41 PM EDT
[#7]
So put Senator Yee on the list.  He's not Latino
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:55:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Idiots.  It must be racism because it can't be that people are targeting the leaders of multiple legislative efforts to infringe in our second amendment rights...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:57:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't care what color these authoritarian pricks are.  I'll bet their blood is red though - and I hope they get put to the wall soon and find out.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:02:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I heard on the radio this morning that the R's fired back with "its the dems that are racists by denying poor blacks and latinos the ability to protect themselves".

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:04:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Funny, here in CO a whole lot of Hispanics recalled another Hispanic in Pueblo...........
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:05:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Funny, because I'M "latino" and support these efforts.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:06:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Racist...um, ok, sure...whatever.  You're still gettin' recalled.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:07:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I heard on the radio this morning that the R's fired back with "its the dems that are racists by denying poor blacks and latinos the ability to protect themselves".
View Quote

The R's need to totally run with this.  Billboards, city bus ads, radio, especially on the urban and latino stations and everything.  See how the libs like Alinsky shoved right up their....

...ahem.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:07:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, he needs to go.

Sharon Quirk-Silva isn't Latina.  She's married to a guy named Silva.

If you pick a random sample of California senators and assembly members, you'll come up with a large portion of Latinos.  Playing the Race Card on this is desperation.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:08:13 PM EDT
[#16]
This. This prostitute soliciting piece of unrelenting garbage needs to go.

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:09:05 PM EDT
[#17]
All of those Assholes named are fucking race baiting shit eaters,and RACISTS!!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:11:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

so true, would like to put up billboards saying just that, gun control is racist, gun control supports the war on women
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:11:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Oh no!  anything but that
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:36:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Okay this party is picking up .........
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Why stop there?   Why just the Latinos?

There is PLENTY OF BLAME TO GO AROUND -----  This house needs cleaning --

RECALL Yee
RECALL Steinberg
RECALL Wolk
RECALL Alejo
RECALL De León
RECALL DeSaulnier
RECALL Hancock
RECALL Dickinson
RECALL Jackson
RECALL Block
RECALL Leno
RECALL Skinner
RECALL Ammiano
RECALL Bradford
RECALL Rendon
RECALL Ting

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT FEINSTEIN, BOXER, AND PELOSI   !~    ???  
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:09:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Yee update added at the top.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:10:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
RECALL YEE!
View Quote

Si por favor
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:12:43 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Okay this party is picking up .........
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#26]
If that's all they have left... things are looking up.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:21:16 PM EDT
[#27]

I can't stand this shit... Hope all those fucks get what they deserve (politically, anyway)...
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Supporting gun rights not only makes you a child murderer - it also makes you a racist.

I love this country.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Paredes acknowledged that Speaker Perez is leaving office because of term limits anyway next year, so a recall would be symbolic. “It’s just to tick him off, send a message that people throughout California are upset about what legislators are passing on 2nd Amendment rights,” Paredes said.
View Quote

there only upset until the first shooting that happens.then they'll be the first ones crying about needing more gun control like every other liberal

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:25:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:30:06 PM EDT
[#32]
I'd like to recall the whole fucking capitol.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:10:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Could you guy add that shit stain Waxman as well?

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Californians, take your state back.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
“The fact is I have never supported any effort to strip responsible gun owners of our 2nd Amendment rights,” Torres said. “What I have supported are policies aimed at keeping guns out of the hands of murderers, criminals and in places where they pose an obvious threat to public safety. The voters in my community are smart and will recognize that this is nothing more than a political stunt." "
View Quote

"In Wyoming, a citizen can walk into a sporting goods store, buy an AR15, a dozen 30-round magazines, a thousand rounds of ammo (if it's available) and leave with his new property after no more inconvenience and insulting bigotry than the Federal NICS check and without being considered a 'threat to public safety'.  Can a California citizen do that?  No?  Then you're a liar."
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:38:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
When you got nothing you throw the race card.
View Quote

And it was just a test of the emergency broadcasts system too.

It will get ugly, but if this is how they respond.............. as my esteemed colleague (Keith C) often points out, they will provide their own material.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:45:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

"In Wyoming, a citizen can walk into a sporting goods store, buy an AR15, a dozen 30-round magazines, a thousand rounds of ammo (if it's available) and leave with his new property after no more inconvenience and insulting bigotry than the Federal NICS check and without being considered a 'threat to public safety'.  Can a California citizen do that?  No?  Then you're a liar."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, the voters in your community are fucking idiots as evidence by the fact that elected your dumb ass you cock sucker.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:39:14 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:45:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:48:40 PM EDT
[#40]

Brilliant .gif!
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:48:47 PM EDT
[#41]

I hate to nit pick, but shouldnt the "race card" utilize swamp mana?

eta, there we go....
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:59:41 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

When you got nothing you throw the race card.
View Quote

Yep, and there's no shortage of it. I see it every time I go back to see the family.

On one such trip, I remember being called a racist just because I liked vanilla ice cream. People will reach for anything. That race card is just too convienient for the libs.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 11:12:07 PM EDT
[#43]
This is why the recall campaign should start by saying we need to recall that anti-Latino anti-black Leland Yee; he's trying to keep blacks, Latinos (and gays-- does anyone know his orientation… it doesn't matter) from protecting themselves and their families. This immediately gives the recallers the "race" card and puts the recallees on the defense.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:28:34 AM EDT
[#44]
I've actually met Torres, and the people in her district (and her old Assembly one).  She came by the polling place I was working at to lecture us on electioneering and voter intimidation of blacks and hispanics, and turning away voters, etc. like that is something that we do and that Republicans are going to come down to the polls and do.  If it were Democrats doing it to Republicans, though, I have a feeling she wouldn't have had a problem with that.  And the voters who came (for a special election in her old Assembly district for the seat she vacated for the Senate, whose special election I also participated in) were mostly of the types I would at best hesitate to call smart; many were downright stupid and/or ignorant, with quite a few not knowing what the election was about or who was running.  I couldn't believe we had to let these people vote.  And those people voted for her, too, and the Democrat for Assembly that she endorsed.  Also a lot of non-English-speakers in her district, mostly hispanics and Arabs (it was a real PITA for me to speak in broken Arabic to people who didn't know a lick of English; I'm surprised we communicated successfully in most cases).
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:33:47 AM EDT
[#45]
The race card is getting old.

It's time these liberal morons came up with something a bit more original.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:31:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Unsurprising.

When people are attacked, they usually attack back.

When in doubt, turn your opponents into racists.  That shit usually works like a charm, especially with the help of the media.  

Fuck those freedom hating fucks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top