Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:40:03 PM EDT
[#3]
IB4 the "That's racist" gif!
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:42:06 PM EDT
[#4]
He is a bright man but I pray God he is wrong.

edited for simplicity
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Great article.  Facebook liked in the hopes that someone denounces it as racist.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:46:41 PM EDT
[#6]
yeah a race war would be terrible but it really does seem as if the media and intercity blacks want it.

one day it will be to much and it will be bad.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:51:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Love the last line.

"Thought is long overdue. So is honesty."
View Quote

Indeed
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I've definitely felt the brunt of being a white guy a couple times in my life.   Very frustrating there's such a double standard.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:53:14 PM EDT
[#9]
It wouldn't be the first in history.

Some have postulated a race war between Homo neanderthalensis, and H. sapiens.

I don't know the "scientific" merit of that claim, versus the political correctness of either denying, ignoring, or refuting it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:09:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I blame white people.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:10:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Wonder if he'll get "Derbyshired" for that article.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:12:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Work in the streets long enough. Yes, a lot want it... And actually flirt with it when some unknowing sap enters the "wrong neighborhood".

But of course, that's "racist"...
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:14:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Its a good thing he is using some real top notch social science to back up his analysis.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:15:20 PM EDT
[#14]
"Colin Flaherty’s book, which is subtitled “The Return of Racial Violence to America and How the Media Ignore It,"

the media doesnt ignore it.there the ones encouraging it.just look at trayvon martin

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:19:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good point.  If they don't it'll sure as hell be a double standard.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:23:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

edited for simplicity
View Quote

He is not wrong.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Its a good thing he is using some real top notch social science to back up his analysis.
View Quote

"Social science" = oxymoron.

Emile Durkheim wasn't a "scientist." Neither was Karl Marx.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:40:20 PM EDT
[#18]

He is one of THE smartest people alive in this country right now.

He is my economics idol. Anybody read his book "Basic Economics"?

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You say this because you have a background in one of the social sciences and are familiar with the various methodologies?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:49:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

edited for simplicity
View Quote

He's not.  When's the last time you heard of the USA as being a "melting pot".  Or that "there's no such thing as a hyphenated American" - T. Roosevelt.  If you go back to the time that the Irish were the hated immigrants or the Italians, or the Chinese, or whomever, there was a desire to learn English, get an education and try to achieve "the American Dream".  Those days are long past.  Now it's "Press One for English" and "...he was a White-Hispanic..." and "Justice for Trayvon (no matter what he done)".  Be prepared.  

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:50:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course there's a double standard,  however Sowell has been telling it like it is for a long time.

No doubt blacks treat him like an Uncle Tom.  

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You say this because you have a background in one of the social sciences and are familiar with the various methodologies?
View Quote

I have a master's degree in political science. *shrugs* It ain't a "science."

Social sciences, as they're called, would be more accurately called social studies.

If you're going to sit there and claim sociology is a "science" I'm going to laugh at you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:55:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Just dont target the Asians, I like asians.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:55:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Love the last line.

"Thought is long overdue. So is honesty."
View Quote

Truth.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:58:41 PM EDT
[#25]
The comments below the article say pretty much all you need to know on the subject.

It’s coming…………………………………………………...
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:58:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hitting a little close ?  touching a nerve ?

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:07:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The comments below the article say pretty much all you need to know on the subject.

It’s coming…………………………………………………...
View Quote

You know that has been said since the founding of this country? Even Thomas Jefferson believed that there was going to be a race war when the slaves were freed. During Reconstruction and through the early 20th century, there were race riots almost every year but there wasn't a "race war". Don't believe the hype. Sowell makes an erroneous assumption on this matter. He ignores our history and black-on-black crime.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:08:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Refuting requires thought, which has largely been replaced by fashionable buzzwords and catchphrases when it comes to discussions of race.
View Quote

So true.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:18:24 PM EDT
[#29]
I guess I need to quit putting off buying those PVS14's
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:24:52 PM EDT
[#30]
It's kind of hard to fight a "war" when you'll get thrown in prison for killing the enemy. Now, when a time comes where one won't get thrown in prison for killing the enemy, then any such "war" would be viable...though it wouldn't last long. But then, all the fun wars are short.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:27:11 PM EDT
[#31]

Sorry, I had to do it.

This is what happens when the liberal republican (small letters, guys, small letters) ideal of citizenship is thrown out.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/wPfxOR0.jpg

Sorry, I had to do it.

This is what happens when the liberal republican (small letters, guys, small letters) ideal of citizenship is thrown out.
View Quote

So did I.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:31:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Want to place a bet?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:32:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Worth thinking about.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:38:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:40:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Race war? No, and here’s why…

Hygens Labidou.

Probably no one here remembers who that is but he was the subject of an ARFCOM thread a few years back. Simply put, he is a Black man who was confronted by two White men. Apparently the White men threatened him and tried to drag him out of his work truck. One other important fact about Hygens Labidou is that he was a concealed carry permit holder. As I recall the surviving White man was charged with felony homicide and Hygens Labidou wasn’t charged with anything.

So, what was the reaction to this on ARFCOM? As I recall I was his harshest critic in that he failed to kill both of the attackers and now we have to keep one of them locked up for a few decades.

The point to this as it relates to a race war is that one side in this potential race war is more interested in actual justice and fair play than they are in racial politics.

Yea, I think about half of the Black population is pretty much worthless, but the other half is made up of some damned fine people and I would defend them from some mob of White racists just as readily as I would defend a White person from a mob of Black racists. And I’m pretty sure this is the opinion of the majority of White Conservatives.

And on the other side I have trouble believing that the worthwhile half of the Black population is going to throw in with a bunch of lazy criminals and start a race war. That leaves the worthless half of the Black population, and they all know that the only reason they aren’t starving is that the mainstream population pays their way. Any of them with any sense know that all the racial outrage is just a way to keep the benefits flowing.

No, there won’t be a race war. There will be more of these stupid racist attacks. Then people will get tired of them and start cracking down big time. There might be a couple of riots, but nothing major or long lasting.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:45:41 PM EDT
[#37]
So what is more damaging to a city?

Caucasian Politicians
Black Politicians
Hispanic Politicians
Asian Politicians

Liberal Politicians
Conservative Politicians
Moderate Politicians
Libertarian Politicians

It will be tough to separate correlation and causation given the large numbers of factors affecting a city and different measures of success and failure for cities.

Monk
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:51:29 PM EDT
[#39]
I like reading Dr. Sowell's articles
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:52:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

You think he is wrong ?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:54:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

He is one of THE smartest people alive in this country right now.

He is my economics idol. Anybody read his book "Basic Economics"?

View Quote

Yes, I love that book.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:58:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So what is more damaging to a city?

Caucasian Politicians
Black Politicians
Hispanic Politicians
Asian Politicians

Liberal Politicians
Conservative Politicians
Moderate Politicians
Libertarian Politicians

It will be tough to separate correlation and causation given the large numbers of factors affecting a city and different measures of success and failure for cities.

Monk
View Quote

Professional politicians and their media attack dogs exist due to the ignorance of people who want to be manipulated in exchange for bread and circuses.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
And on the other side I have trouble believing that the worthwhile half of the Black population is going to throw in with a bunch of lazy criminals and start a race war.
View Quote

I would have said the same thing a few years ago, and it is probably, mostly, still true.

Since then, I have run into an attitude I would have bet money didn't exist. Young, educated, upstanding veterans who happen to be black, and a surprising number of whom felt they had to support the "race" and vote for Obama even if they didn't believe he was the right man for the job.

When I first encountered this attitude, in a friend of many years, I was flabbergasted. I was literally speechless and those that know me, know that is not something that ever, ever happens.

When I questioned the wisdom of that kind of thinking in an otherwise logical and clear-headed individual, his only response is that it is a black thing, that I wouldn't understand. He refused to discuss the issue further and I walked away, preferring to keep his friendship rather than force the issue.

Afterwards, I put the question to several other friends and, by a 4:5 margin, the response was variations on the same theme. They voted for Obama, not just once, because of his race.

Does this translate to joining in a racial uprising? A few years ago I would have laughed at the notion, but now I am not so sanguine.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:03:18 PM EDT
[#44]
This guy agrees:

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#45]
173rd Somali Mini-Van standing by.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#46]
LOL @ the books written by "Paul Kersey"

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:06:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Dr. Sowell is a very smart man. I have an answer for the situations in New York and San Francisco. Both cities used to have vibrant manufacturing economies. My father wholesaled textiles. When I was a kid, he could walk to many of his customers in Midtown. Once a week, he drove to Philadelphia to visit customers there and once a month, he went to eastern Massachusetts.

All of those are long gone now. You can blame it on unions for making the costs uncompetitive. You can blame it on state and federal regulators for making it impossible to run a business. You can blame it on yuppies who drove the value of real estate up to the point where you'd have to be an idiot to use your building as a factory in those places. You can blame it on greedy, capitalist pig-dogs if you want, just keep in mind that I agree with Gordon Gekko, so don't bother making your argument here.

Those cities are now financial and intellectual property centers. The difference is the cost of what's sold can't be calculated. You can say that given interest rates and fee percentages, you know what a bank or a stock broker make, but you don't. Given a little creative accounting, you have no idea what they make, or lose. Neither does anyone else. Lots of investors and federal investigators certainly didn't.

Those economies were immune from the effects of rising labor costs and they passed on the increase in property and intellectual employee salaries. Now that the SEIU is making inroads into the bottom tier workers at such places, it will be interesting to see how they compete with ex-urban firms who have much lower operating expenses.

Kill the economy, kill the city. They didn't kill the economies in New York and San Francisco. They may yet, but so far they've adapted.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:17:25 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Hygens Labidou.

Probably no one here remembers who that is but he was the subject of an ARFCOM thread a few years back. Simply put, he is a Black man who was confronted by two White men. Apparently the White men threatened him and tried to drag him out of his work truck. One other important fact about Hygens Labidou is that he was a concealed carry permit holder. As I recall the surviving White man was charged with felony homicide and Hygens Labidou wasn’t charged with anything.

So, what was the reaction to this on ARFCOM? As I recall I was his harshest critic in that he failed to kill both of the attackers and now we have to keep one of them locked up for a few decades.

The point to this as it relates to a race war is that one side in this potential race war is more interested in actual justice and fair play than they are in racial politics.

Yea, I think about half of the Black population is pretty much worthless, but the other half is made up of some damned fine people and I would defend them from some mob of White racists just as readily as I would defend a White person from a mob of Black racists. And I’m pretty sure this is the opinion of the majority of White Conservatives.

And on the other side I have trouble believing that the worthwhile half of the Black population is going to throw in with a bunch of lazy criminals and start a race war. That leaves the worthless half of the Black population, and they all know that the only reason they aren’t starving is that the mainstream population pays their way. Any of them with any sense know that all the racial outrage is just a way to keep the benefits flowing.

No, there won’t be a race war. There will be more of these stupid racist attacks. Then people will get tired of them and start cracking down big time. There might be a couple of riots, but nothing major or long lasting.

View Quote

Five years ago, I would agree with you on the part in red. I am seeing prejudices/racism to take hold in people that are beginning to tire of the racism that is being thrown about bu the great leader and his media. I am seeing "white" people (that use to help support the inner-city ministry that I am in) spout prejudices/racist thoughts and statements. I have ben shocked at some of the things that have been done and said.

I disagree with your last thought. I do know of many (inner-city gangs/Nation of Islam/) that hope for and are preparing for a race war. The Nation of Islam is openly pushing mind set in our black inner-city. I have grown men (that have been in church with me for years) asking questions about what a "nation of Islam" friend told them.

I believe that we are headed toward a race war that could be prevented but very few (whites and blacks) are willing to put the effort into pushing back against the rhetoric that is growing in black inner-city America. There is a race division that is growing in America and Obummer is exacerbating the situation.

With all of that said, I am a white pastor that has 20-30x the number of black friends/church members than I do white friends. I believe that there are some blacks that see the conservative side and there are many more whites that see and preach the progressive crap that the inner-city blacks like and are programmed to hear. I see a "I want everything that is mine" division growing that was not as apparent 10 years ago and I see many whites that are pushing for this anything that can bring this to volition.

I do know that I have people in the church that have been able to see the light and step away from the progressive mind set of all blacks being victims. But does not seem to take a lot of darkness for them to fall right back into their previous mind set.

I will go out on a limb and say that the upcoming "Race War" will not just be a race war but will be pushed for by "liberal white instigators". I believe that it will not be a race war as much as a "Civil War".

My family and I are trying to prepare for that time but I do pray that it never comes.

Just my .02,

Amos1909
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Hygens Labidou.

View Quote

Your logic is flawed. You are assuming that you will have the choice to be a righteous warrior defending blacks and whites alike from the racist hoards.

That's not how it's going to work. People on both sides will side with and fight along side others of their kind because they HAVE to, not because they want to. The most ant-racist liberal will be faced with the choice of fighting against the opposite color or being killed by them.

DO you honestly believe that blacks will leave you alone if you prove you're one of the "good" white people? That's insane. You will either fight for your own people or you will be killed by the others. Simple as that.

If there is a race war it will be extremely short lived and extremely violent. We have the numbers, we have the guns, we have the higher proportion of combat arms veterans, and most importantly, we have the ability to unify and organize. It will be a slaughter.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:26:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

If there is a race war it will be extremely short lived and extremely violent. We have the numbers, we have the guns, we have the higher proportion of combat arms veterans, and most importantly, we have the ability to unify and organize. It will be a slaughter.
View Quote

And if it happens as you prophesy, we will be denigrated world-wide as perpetrators of genocide. We will have become the 3rd world countries we once dictated to....

It is a lose-lose proposition.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top