Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/25/2013 12:54:55 PM EDT
I swear IQ's suddenly drop when people drive a vehicle.

Here we have a yellow right turn arrow. All it means is watch out for people doing a U-turn. It used to be a green arrow, but it conflicted with drivers doing U-turns, so it is now a flashing yellow arrow. It does NOT mean stop, and stare at the freaking thing until the light turns green, and yet 90 percent of the people here do just that. It's an arrow! Its pointing!  It's flashing to get your attention! Why are you fucking staring at it?

Then there are the people who switch to a left/right turn lane, and then turn their signal on, or even worse they sit there for a minute, and then decide to turn it on wtf? Uhhhh we already know you're going to turn now moron. You needed to signal to indicate you were going to get into the turn lane!

Night driving. Why do you drive ten under the limit at night? Are you afraid of the dark?

Makeup, and hair teasing???? Seriously?

Texting, and swerving all over the road. Dumbass.

Oh, and the most stupid thing I have seen recently was some dumbfuck READING a fucking book while he was driving.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#1]
dude, you should try waiting in the self-checkout line sometime. That's comedy GOLD.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#2]
The latest craze in bad driving around here seems to be stopping in traffic to check a hand-held device.

They stop at stop signs and just stay there.  They stop in the middle of an active traffic lane.  They stop at the exit of a parking lot.  Anywhere, until someone honks at them.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 12:57:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Around here it so much as gets cloudy everyone starts driving slow as shit.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:02:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I look forward to the day cars drive themselves.  I'll just be taking a nap on my way to work
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:02:40 PM EDT
[#5]
They just DON'T GIVE A SHIT!

The World revolves around THEM!

If you are inconvenienced by their actions.....it means NOTHING to them!

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:05:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:07:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Here the latest stupidity is not being able to find a lane when you turn.

It's bad enough they turn into their own lane only half the time.

Now when they turn from a 4 lane road onto another 4 lane road they end up driving in both lanes for about a hundred feet before they decide which lane they want to drive in.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:08:37 PM EDT
[#8]
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is: “I have no interest in cars.” If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving. And if you have no interest in something, it means you are no good at it, which means you must have your driver’s license taken away.
--Jeremy Clarkson
View Quote

Clarkson got it right. No one ever was good at something they had no interest in. People who have no interest in being a good driver are... bad drivers.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:08:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
dude, you should try waiting in the self-checkout line sometime. That's comedy GOLD.
View Quote

I go through self checkout when I have 4-5 items MAX... I get strange looks because I barely even slow down.  Beepbeepbeepswipenoreceiptwheeee
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#10]
meh

Work in Miami. let us know when you get in the middle of a running shootout.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:10:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
meh

Work in Miami. let us know when you get in the middle of a running shootout.
View Quote

Ha. I'm pretty sure it was Phoenix that had the moron running around with a fake RPG in traffic.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:11:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I blame the increase of inattentive drivers on the decline of the standard transmission.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:13:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Because people are gradually becoming dumber. I notice it too. Why do you think Obama won twice?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I blame the increase of inattentive drivers on the decline of the standard transmission.

View Quote
I'm going to go with this.

Assholes were blocking me today at a mall turn-out.  Let one guy in and the rest thought they could follow.  So I proceeded to do a 5 second burn-out and put up a nice cloud bank of burned rubber and diesel soot.

Fuck the haters.  That burn out mark will last for a few months on that concrete.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Assholes were blocking me today at a mall turn-out.  Let one guy in and the rest thought they could follow.  So I proceeded to do a 5 second burn-out and put up a nice cloud bank of burned rubber and diesel soot.

Fuck the haters.  That burn out mark will last for a few months on that concrete.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet you were given room after that.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Here we have a yellow right turn arrow. All it means is watch out for people doing a U-turn. It used to be a green arrow, but it conflicted with drivers doing U-turns, so it is now a flashing yellow arrow.

View Quote

That's got to be the goofiest goddamned thing I ever heard.

I think I'd stare at it, too, trying to figure out what the fuck it means.  "Watch out for u-turns" wouldn't even be contemplated.  What moron came up with that nonsense?

Wait a second.  Right turn arrows?  You guys drive on the left down there or something?  What the fuck?  Mental note:  Be sure to study an Arizona traffic control device manual before driving in Arizona.  That's just fuckin' weird, man!
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#17]
I have never seen a blinking yellow right turn arrow. Ever.

Come to think of it, it's pretty rare to see a right turn arrow period.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:19:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I think the hardest concept for people to understand is at a 3 way intersection shaped like a "T" (usually found around malls) where the road entering does not have to stop but the other two do
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Oh. I forgot about the people,while their intentions might be good are just plain stupid. The people that leave a gap so that someone from a parking lot, or side street can cross all the way over. The driver waiting to cross can't see jack shit through traffic, but hey people are leaving a gap, so now they feel pressured to cross, and BAM! They get T boned.  Saw that happen a few times.

If I see drivers leaving a gap for me I wave them on if I can't see what's coming on the other side, or I will just turn right go down a block, and do a U turn.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:20:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I just try to get from point A to point B in the safest, most comfortable and efficient manner possible.  

Everyone else can go fuck themselves.

I'll be leaving here shortly for Monterey.  Should take about three hours.  I'll leave about three hours before I want to arrive.  If it takes a bit longer, it takes a bit longer.

I'm sure there will be a bunch of low IQ road warriors out there, there always are. Maybe I'll get to see one off himself.  That will break the boredom.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:21:28 PM EDT
[#21]
I am shocked that people drive as well as they do.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:26:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

First gear, manual transmission.  Ease off the clutch and NAIL the accelerator.  Instant breaking free of the tires on the concrete.  Then feather the accelerator to keep the engine from hitting the rev limiter.  All the soot in the exhaust system was given a strong sweeping from all that mass flow through the engine...only hit about 15 PSI of turbo boost.

Yeah, I am crazy.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:28:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I think I'd stare at it, too, trying to figure out what the fuck it means.  "Watch out for u-turns" wouldn't even be contemplated.  What moron came up with that nonsense?

Wait a second.  Right turn arrows?  You guys drive on the left down there or something?  What the fuck?  Mental note:  Be sure to study an Arizona traffic control device manual before driving in Arizona.  That's just fuckin' weird, man!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here we have a yellow right turn arrow. All it means is watch out for people doing a U-turn. It used to be a green arrow, but it conflicted with drivers doing U-turns, so it is now a flashing yellow arrow.

The dumbest thing we have just implemented is the "Michigan left turn" or whatever this stupidity is called. No left turns at the intersection. You have to drive through the intersection, and do a u turn, and then a right turn. Wtf?

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:33:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The dumbest thing we have just implemented is the "Michigan left turn" or whatever this stupidity is called. No left turns at the intersection. You have to drive through the intersection, and do a u turn, and then a right turn. Wtf?

View Quote

Seriously?  If true, that's industrial strength stupid.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:35:46 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm convinced cars no longer come with blinkers.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yup.  Folks got shiftless.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. We just had two major intersections converted. It's supposed to be "popular" in the Midwest, or some shit. Hence the "Michigan"

Just found a wiki:  Michigan left turn

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:39:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Because people are gradually becoming dumber. I notice it too. Why do you think Obama won twice?
View Quote

This is infallible logic.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:44:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I go through self checkout when I have 4-5 items MAX... I get strange looks because I barely even slow down.  Beepbeepbeepswipenoreceiptwheeee
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I spend most of the remaining time waiting for the screen to refresh.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:44:28 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

Now when they turn from a 4 lane road onto another 4 lane road they end up driving in both lanes for about a hundred feet before they decide which lane they want to drive in.
I do that on purpose if I am unfamiliar with the area.

Don't like impatient jackholes getting in my blind spot 10 feet from the turn causing risk of collision if they try to zip around me in the same lane I need to be in.

Being a patient driver makes you a better driver, and makes it easier for other people to be better drivers.  Freeways aren't NASCAR ya retards.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:45:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Oh. I forgot about the people,while their intentions might be good are just plain stupid. The people that leave a gap so that someone from a parking lot, or side street can cross all the way over. The driver waiting to cross can't see jack shit through traffic, but hey people are leaving a gap, so now they feel pressured to cross, and BAM! They get T boned.  Saw that happen a few times.

If I see drivers leaving a gap for me I wave them on if I can't see what's coming on the other side, or I will just turn right go down a block, and do a U turn.
View Quote
I'm not leaving a gap for you. You just happen to be there. I'm leaving a gap, in case somebody coming the other way wishes to make a left into the parking lot.

I'm a nice guy like that. If you pull out and get t-boned, that's on you, not me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yes. We just had two major intersections converted. It's supposed to be "popular" in the Midwest, or some shit. Hence the "Michigan"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weird, I've never heard of it.  I've been in Jersey with the jug handles, but I have yet to see a Michigan left turn
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:45:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote

NM

Blinking left turn arrows...

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:46:21 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Weird, I've never heard of it.  I've been in Jersey with the jug handles, but I have yet to see a Michigan left turn
View Quote
I think I've seen two of these, in Ohio. They're otherwise non-existent.

And I don't drive in Michigan all that often.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:47:38 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's all over the place where cities demand boulevards, like CA or FL.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Too many Clevons
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:49:04 PM EDT
[#37]
OP you must be in Tucson with that Michigan left turn crap.  I haven't driven there since they finished the intersections, and I am dreading the day I do.

The worst thing I've seen there was all the double green arrows they put in a year or two ago.  Now they give a left turn lane and the corresponding right turn lane a green arrow at the same time, then hang a sign saying that U-turns have the right of way.  I don't know why they put in this stupidity, I guess they thought people were incapable of making a right turn on red when it was clear?  Sadly, the idiots who can't make a safe right turn on red have no hope of understanding the new intersection rules, and are probably creating more accidents.

No two intersecting flows of traffic should have a green arrow at the same time.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Clarkson got it right. No one ever was good at something they had no interest in. People who have no interest in being a good driver are... bad drivers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is: “I have no interest in cars.” If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving. And if you have no interest in something, it means you are no good at it, which means you must have your driver’s license taken away.
--Jeremy Clarkson

Pffffft. Bullshit.

I routinely run down and pass in traffic Lexus, Infinity, BMW, Vettes, and Mercedes in my Ford Focus or the crappy Chevrolet Cavalier my FIL gifted me. Lot's of idiots buy nice cars that they have no clue how to drive.

I agree that most people have no interest in driving and are no good at it. But the kind of car you drive has nothing to do with it. More likely is the details of the car. Aftermarket accessories, good tires, better wheels are better clues of people who are interested, but still not a guarantee.

Good New! The Idiot shortage is over! There is a surplus on the highway!

Oh wait...
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:53:46 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I do that on purpose if I am unfamiliar with the area.  

Don't like impatient jackholes getting in my blind spot 10 feet from the turn causing risk of collision if they try to zip around me in the same lane I need to be in.

Being a patient driver makes you a better driver, and makes it easier for other people to be better drivers.  Freeways aren't NASCAR ya retards.

And you think this is a good idea???

If you aren't in the lane you need to be in 10 feet from the turn, you're the guy causing the problems when you try to change lanes while braking to make it at the last second.

If you miss the turn because you're unfamiliar with the area, go up the road and turn around safely.  

I'm going to treat the road like a race track so I can put your unsafe driving behind me, instead of wondering WTF you're going to do while you're ahead of me.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#40]
I agree people are stupid, and drive badly.

A flashing yellow right turn arrow is so fucking stupid I wouldn't blame somebody for not being sure what to do, even a flashing yellow left turn arrow would be a traffic hazard.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:54:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm not leaving a gap for you. You just happen to be there. I'm leaving a gap, in case somebody coming the other way wishes to make a left into the parking lot.    

I'm a nice guy like that. If you pull out and get t-boned, that's on you, not me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but you're leaving a gap for a different reason. That person doing a left turn in front of you can see traffic. Usually the person next to you will leave some space as well which in turn blocks traffic.

The ones I'm referring to are the people that leave the gap, and the ones trying to cross over say northbound traffic to head southbound.   They either get nailed by someone zipping up the NB left turn lane to the light, or someone in the SB lane.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:55:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fairly common here; Right turn on red is legal, and when turning Right onto a three or four lane, the Right green arrow will run consecutively with the opposing Left green arrow, they get the inside, you get the outside.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I swear IQ's suddenly drop when people drive a vehicle.

View Quote

OP...I don't believe they were very high in the first place.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:58:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Fairly common here; Right turn on red is legal, and when turning Right onto a three or four lane, the Right green arrow will run consecutively with the opposing Left green arrow, they get the inside, you get the outside.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does your state do about U-turns?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:04:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Is this where the ARWs start whining about pregnant women being rushed to the hospital and all other sorts of medical emergency foolishness?

Or does that come later, after the ARW butthurt dance?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:05:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I agree people are stupid, and drive badly.

A flashing yellow right turn arrow is so fucking stupid I wouldn't blame somebody for not being sure what to do, even a flashing yellow left turn arrow would be a traffic hazard.
View Quote

But it's sooooooo simple.  The right turn arrow comes on at the same time the left turn arrow comes on. I'm on my tablet so I can't do paint.

Drivers facing North get a left turn arrow to go west. Drivers facing east get the flashing yellow to go south.  It just means yield to any of the northbound drivers that might do a southbound u turn.  It just alleviates some of the right turn traffic instead of stopping on the red waiting to turn. It doesn't work well though because people still stop, and wait.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:05:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Most people are morons.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The latest craze in bad driving around here seems to be stopping in traffic to check a hand-held device.

They stop at stop signs and just stay there.  They stop in the middle of an active traffic lane.  They stop at the exit of a parking lot.  Anywhere, until someone honks at them.
View Quote

I would want to do a lot more than just honk.....
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't see many Michigan lefts in MI, so long as I stayed out of East Lansing. The derp is strong in East Lasing.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:09:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

You just might be onto something here, but don't discount cell phone and texting
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top