Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2013 6:36:19 PM EDT
what is the difference between that and a 3/4?  I did find this
A 3/4 Cock Trap has a one-way clutch that allows throwing arm travel in only one direction. When the throwing arm is tripped and a clay target thrown, the inertia of the arm carries it to about an 8 o'clock position. The one-way clutch does not allow the spring to pull the arm back to the twelve o'clock position, but instead stops it at the furthest distance traveled, which is closer to the setter. This feature requires less force and a much shorter distance to fully cock the trap for the next throw.
View Quote
but then so what advantage does the full one have?

im shopping on amazon for a clay launcher, my neighbor took me dove hunting and I got a few but want to improve.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Not what I was expecting
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:39:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not what I was expecting
View Quote

Yet we both ended up in here.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:39:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Not what I was expecting
View Quote

Hoping to do a little meat gazing?

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:41:26 PM EDT
[#4]
this thread ain't dildos
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought it was a PSA
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:43:29 PM EDT
[#6]
how did i end up in this thread?
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I expected a thread on medieval penile torture devices. Or maybe male chastity belts.

Am disappoint.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not what I was expecting
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:45:11 PM EDT
[#9]
This isnt the guys with big dicks thread?! WTF!?
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#10]
ugh can a mod move this to team?
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
how did i end up in this thread?
View Quote

Hell I thought I might catch the next chapter of the dildopocalypse
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:51:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:51:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Hello to all mods and staff that are online right now.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Really? Nothing BUT team in this thread and it is getting de-railed.

Op knows better though.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:53:58 PM EDT
[#15]

I hate that movie.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:55:54 PM EDT
[#16]
This thread is fabulous.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Op knows better though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Op knows better though.

yeah i figured it be funny but I figured I would get an answer.  apparently some 'event' has happened earlier that got the natives restless
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:59:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Wait, how did I get here?
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:09:25 PM EDT
[#20]
A 3/4 trap as described has a clutch to keep the arm from returning to uncocked.

It is much easier to pull to complete ready position.

The full cock trap must be pulled against the spring the entire way, and is much harder to operate for weaker individuals.
There are no advantages to the full cock. The 3/4 manuals are used by most commercial clays courses if they don't use an electric.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:10:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I hate that movie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I hate that movie.
why? everyone loves some vaginal dentata

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:19:01 PM EDT
[#22]
After watching this:

I really want one of the 3/4 cock traps.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
A 3/4 trap as described has a clutch to keep the arm from returning to uncocked.

The full cock trap must be pulled against the spring the entire way, and is much harder to operate for weaker individuals.
There are no advantages to the full cock. The 3/4 manuals are used by most commercial clays courses if they don't use an electric.
View Quote

I guess I don't get that. So it returns to cocked?  I'm sure that's not the case. Guess I'll just have to get one.  But all the ones I see on amazon do have some negative reviews.  Guess I'll just stay away for the extremely inexpensive ones and take my chances. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:27:57 PM EDT
[#24]
A cock trap you say?
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:38:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I guess I don't get that. So it returns to cocked?  I'm sure that's not the case. Guess I'll just have to get one.  But all the ones I see on amazon do have some negative reviews.  Guess I'll just stay away for the extremely inexpensive ones and take my chances. Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It spins 270 degrees and then stops. You pull it the rest of the way back to locked. It will only rotate in one direction.
The video I embedded shows the people using them.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 8:03:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It spins 270 degrees and then stops. You pull it the rest of the way back to locked. It will only rotate in one direction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see the rotation thing now, but just seems like one of those would require much more effort to cock than a regular one since you have to fully load the spring in just 1/4 of a turn.  Kind of like how my very short draw crossbow requires 175 lbs to draw since the draw is so short compared to a regular compound bow with a draw of half your wingspan only requires 55 or so lbs.  But apparently the mechanical advantage here isn't in play like you'd think?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:59:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I see the rotation thing now, but just seems like one of those would require much more effort to cock than a regular one since you have to fully load the spring in just 1/4 of a turn.  Kind of like how my very short draw crossbow requires 175 lbs to draw since the draw is so short compared to a regular compound bow with a draw of half your wingspan only requires 55 or so lbs.  But apparently the mechanical advantage here isn't in play like you'd think?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never used one of those, but it appears to work by conserving some of the energy each time by using the residual "follow through" momentum of the arm to partially cock the spring.  In a full cock system, that energy would be lost by hitting a stop and bouncing back.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:34:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're really over thinking this.
The 3/4 are much easier since the residual energy helps cock it.
The last few degrees are the easiest because it acts like a cam.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top