Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2002 1:37:08 PM EDT
Fox News just reported a few minutes ago that an Iraqi SAM site just fired on U.S. planes in the southern No-Fly Zone.  The radar tracking site was summarily destroyed.  The incident happened about two hours ago.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 1:52:14 PM EDT
[#2]
The destruction of the SAM/radar site was done under updated ROE that Sec. Rumsfeld enacted a few weeks ago, and was probably undertaken by the very aircraft that were fired upon.

I think we'll be giving a further military response, but it'll be deliberative and effective.  Don't forget that the President was a pilot and knows that having a SAM fired at you is not inconsequential.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Lots of J-Star activity in the States has been observed:

"ALL HEADED NORTH" [Rod Dreher]
A reader writes: "I'm in Macon, Georgia, just north of Robins Air Force Base, home to the Joint Stars and 5th Combat Communications Group. All day I have seen J-Stars headed north. They are the surveillance planes. Last night, my wife and I could hear them too. They always circle, but not so many and such a high interval and all headed north."

Link Posted: 11/15/2002 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#4]
HARM missles ROCK

Link Posted: 11/15/2002 3:33:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Unfortunately, considering the fact that the Iraqis have fired on Coalition warplanes on 57 different occasions this year alone, the UN Security Council will never consider this to be a material breach worthy of a military response above and beyond destroying the offending radar site.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, considering the fact that the Iraqis have fired on Coalition warplanes on 57 different occasions this year alone, the UN Security Council will never consider this to be a material breach worthy of a military response above and beyond destroying the offending radar site.
View Quote

Not that I think we will do it in this case, but the White House has already declared that we don't NEED the UN's further approval to use force...if Iraq violates the new resolution, the WH will consider it to warrant use of force immediately and without further UN action.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 3:46:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Fuck the UN, plain and simple.

Anyone else here tired of the UN?

My tribe rules, the rest of the world better get over it PDQ.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 3:56:27 PM EDT
[#8]
[b]Material breach[/b]: God, I love that word! Sounds like a Prom night gone sour...

It's just about time,
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 3:58:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Not that I think we will do it in this case, but the White House has already declared that we don't NEED the UN's further approval to use force...if Iraq violates the new resolution, the WH will consider it to warrant use of force immediately and without further UN action.
View Quote

You are indeed correct. Unfortunately, in order for the US to appease our allies, the UN, and the moderate Muslim nations, they will not attack now. They will instead await the UN's approval. Its all political b*llshit!!

From a tactical point of view, it’s still too early. There are only 80k troops in theater now. Not enough to begin a ground offensive. Waiting the month or so, as per the UN resolution, is beneficial to the US as it will allow the necessary troops to preposition.

Quoted:
View Quote

You're preaching to the choir brother!!!
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 3:59:13 PM EDT
[#10]
[img]http://www.dilbert.com/editoons/benson/archive/images/benson2002216721113.gif[/img]

-kill-9
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 4:00:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.dilbert.com/editoons/benson/archive/images/benson2002216721113.gif[/url]

-kill-9
View Quote

LOL [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/ChrisLe%2Fsmily%2Egif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 4:09:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My tribe rules, the rest of the world better get over it PDQ.
View Quote
I'm with ya on the 'Fuck the U.N." band wagon. I'm sick of all the little shithole countries(which would die off if we didn't send them billions on a regular basis) dictating to the U.S. what we need to be doing![:(!] FUCK THEM they are why we're in the boat we are today!
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 4:10:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 4:19:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
View Quote

You're preaching to the choir brother!!!
View Quote

Hear Hear!!! Move that nest of miscreants to Geneva or Stockholm or some other let's-all-hug-and-we'll-have-world-peace type of place.

It's NY city and we hate EVERYBODY...especially those with Diplomat or Consul license plates... So if you want understanding go some-fucking-place else! [}:D]

There...I said it and I feel much better.[:)]
View Quote

Ha!  I got caught (when I was much younger, in my early teens) doing one serious key job on a Diplomat plated car, the cop let me go, telling me, "they don't pay their tickets anyway..."

Brought back a fond memory!
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 4:25:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Im in! FUCK THE U.N. AND ALL THE OTHER GODLESS,MONEY GRUBBIN,FAT BELLIED, FLY ON THEIR FACE HEATHEN FUCKS!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top