Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2013 6:59:03 PM EDT
Ruger has collected submissions of custom built Ruger 10/22. They have identified 10 finalists that they can feasibly reproduce in quantity as the 50th Anniversary rifle. The winner will be determined by votes on their web page.

These are the finalists:

These are some awesome rifles.

ETA: All these pics, perhaps I should provide a link.

http://www.ruger.com/micros/1022_50/index.html
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:04:06 PM EDT
[#1]
IBTP
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:06:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll take Gary's version.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll take Gary's version.
View Quote

I don't think Gary's is the best pick for a commemorative gun, but I think that'd be an awesome configuration for a long-term production gun. Ruger needs to start putting the RAR stock on the synthetic 10/22s soon. Like yesterday. Then they need to make a Takedown variant.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:10:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Shut up Tyler/Chris!!! I demand that my custom creation remain unique!

Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:13:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Gary's is quite the Fugly piece IMO

Rick FTW
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:15:08 PM EDT
[#6]

We demand more of these!

Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:16:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Tossup between Tyler's, Chris's, and Gary's.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I can honestly say that is longest I've spent trying to decide which answer to select for a GD poll.

Really tough decision, but I picked Rick's.

Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I also picked Rick's.

Classy, clean lines.

Simple elegance
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:42:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Gary's but with the takedown feature added.

ETA: I guess I didn't pay attention to the Anniversary part, I just want to by able to buy the one I picked. I'd go with Chris's version for a Anniversary model.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:49:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I like either Chris's wood takedown (voted)
or Rick's classic clean long barrel
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:49:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Tyler made a sweet setup.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:54:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I can't decide between Burke or Joe.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:56:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Tough choice.  I ended up going with Chris.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn those are sweet. I like the takedown customizations a lot.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 6:47:59 AM EDT
[#16]
New day, new vote.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 6:51:06 AM EDT
[#17]
I voted Joe but Rick was close, this is a commemorative not a special edition.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 7:03:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 4:29:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think the classic sporter version is the best "commemerative" gun. It's a classic style, sticks to the traditional 10/22 concept, and is the best option for a 50th anniversary edition, IMO.

But I think the wooden takedowns, the mini-scout rifle, and Gary's "American Series" styled models should all be production guns. I would definately buy a wood stocked takedown and the mini-scout.
View Quote

The mini-scout doesn't appeal to me as much, but I generally agree with this.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 7:30:39 PM EDT
[#20]
So far:

Chris - 17%

Tyler - 15%

Burke - 10%

Gary - 10%

Alan - 10%

Rick - 9%

Jeremy - 9%

William - 7%

Kevin - 7%

Joe - 6%

Link Posted: 10/22/2013 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#21]

stainless take down with the green mountain laminate stock
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 7:42:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Gary's is the one design I'm quite sure I would buy.

Good sights and sling studs, adjustable stock, perfect kid's gun for Appleseed/CMP.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 7:53:20 PM EDT
[#23]
I chose my creation.

Poop.... My picture sucks.....
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Maybe combine Chris' and Tyler's designs.  Don't have the barrel band on the heavy barrel and its forend.  Have the band on the one with fixed sites. It is the traditional 10/22 configuration (aside from being a takedown).  I'm not sure which finish would be better.  Maybe some other finish.  If there has to be a winner, then flip a coin.  My 2 cents.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 7:56:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

stainless take down with the green mountain laminate stock
View Quote

Good suggestion.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 8:01:35 PM EDT
[#26]
if they put the sight system & threaded barrel on one or both of tylers barrels Id buy that before you could put it on the rack, but you can still add the sights to tylers offering so I went with his. plus he's from WA so I had to represent the hometeam
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 8:04:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Good sights and sling studs, adjustable stock, perfect kid's gun for Appleseed/CMP.
View Quote

The rest are pretty guns for shooting off the bench and telling folks how neat they are.
Gary's gun is a useable gun for all shooting and has quality irons that allow you to actually shoot accurately for way less than anything but a junk Tasco scope.

Link Posted: 10/22/2013 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#28]
After voting for Chris I took another look at his design. How would that forearm attach to the barrel? How are the currently offered take down model forearms attached to the barrel?

Link Posted: 10/23/2013 7:18:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The rest are pretty guns for shooting off the bench and telling folks how neat they are.
Gary's gun is a useable gun for all shooting and has quality irons that allow you to actually shoot accurately for way less than anything but a junk Tasco scope.

https://www.ruger.com/micros/1022_50/images/finalists/essay_1498.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why it needs to be a long term production gun.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 8:16:49 AM EDT
[#30]
I'll go with Tyler. But a couple of the others aren't bad either.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 9:24:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All right, you've convinced me, although the FH is retarded.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 9:46:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no use for the FH but the threaded barrel is useful for a suppressor.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 10:19:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You raise a good point. Gary's is the rifle I'm most likely to buy; however I think Chris' Takedown Deluxe may be the best commemorative model.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 10:26:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Jeremy is using a competitors take down kit.. how on earth could that be made in numbers?  lol the kit costs more than a 10/22..  

Link Posted: 10/23/2013 7:02:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Currently:

Chris - 17%

Tyler - 15%

Gary - 12%

Burke - 10%

Alan - 9%

Rick - 8%

Jeremy - 8%

William - 7%

Kevin - 6%

Joe - 6%
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah the FH is ugly as hell but the threaded barrel is handy. I'd rather it just be a standard A1 or A2 instead of the Ruger blingtastic one.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:54:29 AM EDT
[#37]
The "practical" Appleseed style is now in second place with 16% (leader has 18%). Anyone want a rifle they can use for more than bench shooting?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#38]
The multiple barrel take down rifle would sell very well.  Have a tactical barrel with a FH, then a target barrel, and lastly one chambered in 17 mach2.  Include 2 10rd and 2 25rd mags, a custom packable bag, keep the price under $1,000 and it would sell like crazy.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 11:21:33 AM EDT
[#39]
How about they just make a version that you don't need to immediately improve with aftermarket parts?

You know, a nice wood stock, a trigger that doesn't suck, and no more plastic trigger guard, barrel band, and trigger.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 11:22:33 AM EDT
[#40]
I like Gary's design as an all-around .22LR rifle design.  Carrying over the adjustable stock concept from the American allows it to fit young shooters, so another plus for adaptability.  I can also see the appeal of the two different wooden stocked Takedown versions (which are essentially the same rifle, so why two entries?) for a special anniversary version, but I don't see why I'd want two separate barrels.  Maybe if the bull barrel had a cantilever setup so you could install/remove the bull barrel with an optic that would retain zero?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 11:23:45 AM EDT
[#41]
For a commemorative, I actually like William's with the laser etched stock.

Probably wouldn't buy it though.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 11:26:26 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

How about they just make a version that you don't need to immediately improve with aftermarket parts?

You know, a nice wood stock, a trigger that doesn't suck, and no more plastic trigger guard, barrel band, and trigger.
View Quote

Why?  They did it in the bolt action world.  It is/was the 77/22, and it was pretty much perfect as produced, but few bought it due to price.  Now you've got the American Rimfire, which I'm sure functions fine, but is clearly designed to be cheap.  Side by side, there is no contest, but the holes in the paper are the same.

Many years ago, the buying public made the choice to buy cheap over quality...

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 11:29:04 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

The multiple barrel take down rifle would sell very well.  Have a tactical barrel with a FH, then a target barrel, and lastly one chambered in 17 mach2 an integrally suppressed one.  Include 2 10rd and 2 25rd mags, a custom packable bag, keep the price under $1,000 and it would sell like crazy.
View Quote

FIFY

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  Worth a bump...as was the other thread about this.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:03:24 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Why?  They did it in the bolt action world.  It is/was the 77/22, and it was pretty much perfect as produced, but few bought it due to price.  Now you've got the American Rimfire, which I'm sure functions fine, but is clearly designed to be cheap.  Side by side, there is no contest, but the holes in the paper are the same.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Which is too bad.  It would be nice to see them reintroduce a commemorative made as they did them, oh, 'bout 50 years ago.  Such as this finger-groove, that is a sweet little stock...

Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Today and tomorrow are still open for voting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top